Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [s]Autism[/s] Genius has struck me  (Read 6199 times)

Ollistar

• oop lol
[s]Autism[/s] Genius has struck me
« on: April 17, 2020, 01:58:58 AM »

I had to make a slight adjustment to these charts I've seen going around and I think it's a good way of compartmentalizing things.

Here's the template if you guys want.
https://i.imgur.com/y2b3KT7.jpg

card

Re: [s]Autism[/s] Genius has struck me
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 04:03:19 PM »

Huh .... I haven't seen this chart before. What makes it compartmentalized over the other ones?

McJongJing

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 09:08:09 PM »

Blaze is a good character
She's honestly too good for Sonic

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 10:25:48 PM »

Blaze is a good character
She's honestly too good for Sonic
She is not too good, sonic is fucking epic and you're just jealous.

Huh .... I haven't seen this chart before. What makes it compartmentalized over the other ones?
I just added the Y axis

McJongJing

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 06:30:08 AM »

damn can't compete with the fastest hedgehog around

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 12:39:38 PM »

damn can't compete with the fastest hedgehog around
literally. Don't question me on Sonic kid you will LOSE.

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 04:08:24 PM »

I only played the OG Genesis sonic games, and briefly the ones for GBA using an emulator, so I know like 10% of the sonic cast.

So as you can tell, I am an expert on this subject, and I can tell

shadow A GAY

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 12:33:28 AM »

I only played the OG Genesis sonic games, and briefly the ones for GBA using an emulator, so I know like 10% of the sonic cast.

So as you can tell, I am an expert on this subject, and I can tell

shadow A GAY

your fucking banned

landshark

• earthboat
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2020, 12:12:06 PM »

hey olli you read that sonic comic by IDW publishing

i never really got into sonic but this comic is wild i am so invested and i love the original characters
frick u

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2020, 02:41:30 PM »

hey olli you read that sonic comic by IDW publishing

i never really got into sonic but this comic is wild i am so invested and i love the original characters

Not yet! I wanted to reread all of the archie comics before I start IDW and, not surprisingly, I'm still working my way through that. But that's next for sure!

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2020, 03:47:17 PM »

God, I wish the adventure games were good, or even okay  :owh:

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2020, 03:53:39 PM »

Is any of the 3d games good? People always seem to shit on every single sonic release, except for Mania I think it was (that new-ish 2d one made by some fans)

Also I actually remembered I played and own Sonic Heroes for the gamecube

McJongJing

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2020, 08:17:31 PM »

Is any of the 3d games good? People always seem to shit on every single sonic release, except for Mania I think it was (that new-ish 2d one made by some fans)

Also I actually remembered I played and own Sonic Heroes for the gamecube

Sonic Adventure 1 is great. I'm not sure what Ollis issue with it is.
The issue with 3D sonic games is that Sega knows how to make Sonic work in 3D. They just shove a bunch of other crap in there that dilutes it. Sonic Adventure 1 only has you playing as Sonic for a fifth of the game. The rest of the game has you doing completely different playstyles. But in SA1 it's okay because you can just choose to play the Sonic campaign and ignore everything else. It works really well. Sonic has a lot of momentum to him so you can do fun tricks like using the spindash to launch yourself up hills and angles to skip parts of the level.

I'm playing through SA2 right now and it's fun when you're playing as Sonic or Shadow, but you only get to play as them a third of the time. The rest of the game is spent in a clunky mech or treasure hunting. I fucking love mecha but the mech stages just aren't fun in SA2. They're very slow, you can't strafe to dodge fire, he platforming isn't great. The treasure hunting stages have garbage cameras and are a slog to get through.

Sonic Heroes just controls like shit. It's very slippery and whenever you change characters you lose all your momentum which makes it not fun to play.

Sonic Unleashed is a 10/10 but only for half the game. When you're playing as Sonic it's a lot of fun. Very linear game but it's always throwing obstacles at you and demanding the right reaction. It's a lot of fun when you memorise a stage and can react perfectly to it. It's like a rhythm game disguised as a platformer. But then for some reason the other half of the game you have to play as the werehog in a shitty slow brawler game.

Sonic Generations, Colours, and Sonic Forces have similar issues, though I haven't played them so take this with a grain of salt. Generations is okay because the alternative playstyle is just classic 2D sonic. Although to my knowledge the 2D levels don't have very good physics compared to the Genesis games. Lots of automated speed instead of allowing Sonics momentum to naturally carry him through. Sonic Forces dilutes the game even further by splitting it between Modern Sonic, Classic Sonic, and bits where you play as your OC which all have different gameplay styles. I believe that Colours has a lot of sectiosn where you have to slowdown and solve puzzles and stuff using the wisps. To the point where only some %20 of the game actually plays like a 3D Sonic game. With that being said I've heard that people generally like Colours and Generations.

Not sure about Shadow the Hedgehog. I've got a copy of that in the mail that hasn't arrived yet.

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2020, 04:41:14 AM »

adventure 1 and 2 are bugged to hell and a complete mess and maybe the worst gaming experience I've ever had. Heroes is very fun. Forces is honestly maybe my favorite 3D sonic. Shadow is very fun as well (though I haven't played it recently so maybe not as much as I remember) but they totally fuck Shadow's characterization and start the decade and a half now meme of lol shadow just edgy.

McJongJing

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2020, 05:26:51 AM »

I must be the luckiest guy on Earth because I don't remember a single bug from playing SA1 and I played it about a year ago.

It was a little janky but nothing especially stood out to me. I've seen all the webms of people falling through the floor and I don't understand how they're doing it because it never happened to me.
Pages: [1] 2