Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 487

Author Topic: blog  (Read 834294 times)

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.
Re: blog
« Reply #2850 on: August 03, 2015, 09:41:12 AM »

I had to pay less than the price of a cheap nendoroid so it's OK I guess. :heh:

I would advise to plan in advance what you want to see. I didn't and ended up staying too long. Try to know some basic Japanese like "where is thing/place" so you can ask people on the street for direction. Knowing the kanji for the number can be useful, some restaurant have the price only listed with them.

As for the stuff to see. My favorite are miajima, which is an island near Hiroshima, it's really beautiful. I visited the castle of Himeji. It's nice from the outside but the inside is kinda meh. However near the castle there's a garden called Koukou-hen or something like that, it's really pretty, I liked it a lot.

If you're visiting Kyoto, all the temple make you pay ~500¥ entry fee so prepare the money accordingly. Visit temple that have a garden or something and it's better if they let you inside. Some have so little material it really take 20min top to visit them. For examplethe kinkakujin, which is a very famous one, they let you look at it from a distance and it's all. In Kyoto I really liked the Nijo castle and the guided tour of the imperial palace.

In term of place to see, Tokyo is a little bit below Kyoto I feel. There's temple and everything but Kyoto made me expect bigger, so to say. So keep that in mind when you're planning your trip. If you're a city person Tokyo is really for you. There's lot of things to do. If you want to go to a maid cafe, go to one whose flyer-giving maid invited you, they have English speaking staff and you'll enjoy it more.

The JR pass is really useful, especially if you plan to travel a big distance, since you can take most of the shinkansen for free with him.

landshark

• earthboat
« Reply #2851 on: August 03, 2015, 09:56:01 AM »

have you visited akihabara

did you see any cute girls
frick u

Kami_sama

« Reply #2852 on: August 03, 2015, 09:57:53 AM »

Akihabara is probably the place in Japan I know the most. :nyoron:

Yes I saw a lot of cute girl! :yay:

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #2853 on: August 03, 2015, 10:11:11 AM »

What the fuck is a night terror?

tl;dr? A nightmare on crack.

A night terror is like a nightmare, but iirc it happens outside REM sleep (when you typically dream and start to feel rested)

It's an awful thing because you'll wake up, and usually have no idea what the fuck you dreamt, but your like, stuck in a terrified state that won't go away and your body gets all riled up and won't calm down and you can just sit in your bed absolutely horrified, for no reason, for over an hour afterwards sometimes. Even if you get up, turn on all the lights, make some fucking coffee or whatever, you still feel submerged in dread.

I think I had the proper disorder as a kid, because I had episodes several times a week, sometimes per night, from as far back as I can remember until like 15-16.

You become fearful of sleeping. You rarely sleep a full night. And eventually you just want to die. I woke my dad up a lot when I was younger because I would wake up screaming sometimes. I remember one time when it was especially bad and I couldn't get myself to stop, I think I spent a solid 20 minutes screaming and shouting. Felt like hours though.

landshark

• earthboat
« Reply #2854 on: August 03, 2015, 10:12:45 AM »

-hugs ming tightly-
frick u

Kami_sama

« Reply #2855 on: August 03, 2015, 10:47:42 AM »

Poor Ming. :tears:

Than God it's gone.

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #2856 on: August 03, 2015, 04:39:20 PM »

What the fuck is a night terror?

tl;dr? A nightmare on crack.

A night terror is like a nightmare, but iirc it happens outside REM sleep (when you typically dream and start to feel rested)

It's an awful thing because you'll wake up, and usually have no idea what the fuck you dreamt, but your like, stuck in a terrified state that won't go away and your body gets all riled up and won't calm down and you can just sit in your bed absolutely horrified, for no reason, for over an hour afterwards sometimes. Even if you get up, turn on all the lights, make some fucking coffee or whatever, you still feel submerged in dread.

I think I had the proper disorder as a kid, because I had episodes several times a week, sometimes per night, from as far back as I can remember until like 15-16.

You become fearful of sleeping. You rarely sleep a full night. And eventually you just want to die. I woke my dad up a lot when I was younger because I would wake up screaming sometimes. I remember one time when it was especially bad and I couldn't get myself to stop, I think I spent a solid 20 minutes screaming and shouting. Felt like hours though.

I thought Night Terrors were where you sorta woke up, so you could look around, but not move, and usually hallucinate. If what you're describing is night terrors, I think I've had that happen to me once or twice.

Kinda reminds me of one time, when my sister started thrashing around and screaming something like "No, wait, please!" while still asleep.

Sleep's crazy, man.

simondaman

« Reply #2857 on: August 03, 2015, 06:13:52 PM »

what you're thinking of is sleep paralysis

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #2858 on: August 03, 2015, 07:27:40 PM »

I've never had night terrors cause I'm always afraid.

That and the obvious not dreaming at all cause sleep apnea.

RQ

• ayy lmao
« Reply #2859 on: August 03, 2015, 09:25:52 PM »

I had a pretty fun long weekend at my parents place, I got to ride a sea doo with my mom and sister. We also had a tornado warning and no power for like 3 hours while the power company fixed the wires.

Also today I told my real dad that I'm dating a guy via skype and he said that I'm ruining the family because I'm ending our genetic bloodline (since I'm an only child) 
He also blamed it on my mom for raising me alone

it felt like talking to /pol/

:sad2:

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #2860 on: August 03, 2015, 09:45:22 PM »

>tfw I'm a future wizard and the only other male in my family is half Guyanese

>tfw my bloodline shall cease to be white because I can't get a gf

McJongJing

« Reply #2861 on: August 03, 2015, 09:47:31 PM »

RQ can't you just stick your sperm in an artificial womb?
You're doing gay shit wrong man...

McJongJing

« Reply #2862 on: August 03, 2015, 11:35:01 PM »

Ganbatte Ky!
Everyone give him your strength!

\o/

simondaman

« Reply #2863 on: August 04, 2015, 12:06:06 AM »

ENERGY TRANSFER INITIATING...

landshark

• earthboat
« Reply #2864 on: August 04, 2015, 02:42:28 AM »

I had a pretty fun long weekend at my parents place, I got to ride a sea doo with my mom and sister. We also had a tornado warning and no power for like 3 hours while the power company fixed the wires.

Also today I told my real dad that I'm dating a guy via skype and he said that I'm ruining the family because I'm ending our genetic bloodline (since I'm an only child) 
He also blamed it on my mom for raising me alone

it felt like talking to /pol/

that's awful

frick u
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 487