Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36

Author Topic: Original Works  (Read 90989 times)

Ollistar

• oop lol
Re: Original Works
« Reply #300 on: March 16, 2016, 10:06:31 AM »

Thank you!

It's most definitely not vaporwavr at all. However, it does make a very pleasant ambient drone piece.

Tell me what I should improve

For starters stop making vaporwave.

a worthless person

• not worth worrying about
« Reply #301 on: March 16, 2016, 10:49:17 AM »

Thank you!

It's most definitely not vaporwavr at all. However, it does make a very pleasant ambient drone piece.

Tell me what I should improve

For starters stop making vaporwave.

That's the plan, I was just bored and felt in a memey mood.

Also jeez thanks for leading me astray frankjavcee i followed your vaporwave tutorial and it ain't even vaporwave???
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 10:51:34 AM by a worthless person »

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #302 on: March 16, 2016, 11:25:36 AM »

Nah. Also that tutorial was mostly a joke but not entirely wrong. I think you used too much reverb for vaporwave.

a worthless person

« Reply #303 on: March 23, 2016, 03:04:50 AM »

https://a.pomf.cat/tidsax.mp3

It sucks.  :poh:

I dunno how to put stuff together even though I know the very basics. I've stopped progressing now that I know the UI and such...

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #304 on: March 23, 2016, 12:45:50 PM »

This was a pretty fun tune overall.

+the drum rhythm was really fun
+the chords were pretty nice, IIRC think I heard some suspended chords with their resolutions which was surprising so good job there.
+interesting melody

-a couple spots were a tad off (one spot sounded like the notes hit just a tad too early)
-towards the end it got a little polyrhythmic, which isn't inherently bad obviously, but here it felt unintentional

I guess that's a 3/5 from. Keep up the good work and practice, I'd say you're definitely improving.

a worthless person

« Reply #305 on: March 23, 2016, 02:10:34 PM »

This was a pretty fun tune overall.

+the chords were pretty nice, IIRC think I heard some suspended chords with their resolutions which was

-towards the end it got a little polyrhythmic, which isn't inherently bad obviously, but here it felt unintentional

Explain these?

a worthless person

« Reply #306 on: March 23, 2016, 06:45:17 PM »

https://a.pomf.cat/bbzvhb.mp3
https://clyp.it/esapeud5
here's todays.

couldn't get in the grove or find any way to add to it without making it too cluttered, so I got it to ~50 seconds and called it quits.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 07:25:45 PM by a worthless person »

DirtyRed

« Reply #307 on: March 23, 2016, 07:15:35 PM »

Hey Worthy, you might find this useful. It has a player so you there's no need to download the mp3.
https://clyp.it/

a worthless person

« Reply #308 on: March 23, 2016, 07:24:35 PM »

Hey Worthy, you might find this useful. It has a player so you there's no need to download the mp3.
https://clyp.it/

oh i'm so used to chrome, it has a built in player

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #309 on: March 25, 2016, 03:05:45 AM »

http://puu.sh/nTb9e/8a53fadba9.mp3
here!

Explain these?
+the chords were pretty nice, IIRC think I heard some suspended chords with their resolutions which was
I thought I heard use of suspended chords, so the third being raised up a whole step, then it being resolved, so lowering back a whole step to your standard triad.

polyrhythms are just multiple rhythms going at once, maybe even multiple time signatures, it can be clashing at times, though you can use the clashing to your advantage. Here however, it felt unintentional and therefore didn't work as I assume it was entirely unintentional.

a worthless person

« Reply #310 on: March 27, 2016, 03:56:22 AM »

https://clyp.it/1hs1ncev

:gloom:

I dunno how to get better

I've gotten better but the gulf between my shit and actual music seems too big and I don't even know how to build the rope  :sad:

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #311 on: March 27, 2016, 02:18:50 PM »

You're definitely improving. Music production and composition is a lot like playing an instrument, it takes time to get good at. Just make sure you do it a little everyday, people don't think about "practising" production and stuff like you would an instrument but it's no different. Progress in these areas can be hard to see as they are so gradual, like how you don't see evolution as it's happening, but in a year's time you'll be able to look back and be embarrassed that you even made half the shit you did. Thus is the nature of the artist. (I'd show you some of mine had I not deleted all of them. I think if you scroll to the bottom of my SoundCloud there's still some shit lying around)

A fun little exercise I like to do is I'll remake a song I like from scratch by ear. Even if the final product doesn't match it sonically, I make sure the composition lines up to the best of my ability. It's a fun little work of the brain and often times there will be at least one thing I really like and take to use in a song of my own. I usually don't post these anywhere and often times won't even save them. They're just for practice. Maybe give it a shot some time.

a worthless person

« Reply #312 on: March 27, 2016, 06:30:53 PM »

You're definitely improving. Music production and composition is a lot like playing an instrument, it takes time to get good at. Just make sure you do it a little everyday, people don't think about "practising" production and stuff like you would an instrument but it's no different. Progress in these areas can be hard to see as they are so gradual, like how you don't see evolution as it's happening, but in a year's time you'll be able to look back and be embarrassed that you even made half the shit you did. Thus is the nature of the artist. (I'd show you some of mine had I not deleted all of them. I think if you scroll to the bottom of my SoundCloud there's still some shit lying around)

A fun little exercise I like to do is I'll remake a song I like from scratch by ear. Even if the final product doesn't match it sonically, I make sure the composition lines up to the best of my ability. It's a fun little work of the brain and often times there will be at least one thing I really like and take to use in a song of my own. I usually don't post these anywhere and often times won't even save them. They're just for practice. Maybe give it a shot some time.

"Rudesong" has a part that's a straight attempted ripoff of

I've also tried to copy some group_inou and stepdad stuff but there is so much I don't even know how to pretend to emulate  :damn:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 06:33:40 PM by a worthless person »

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #313 on: March 29, 2016, 03:55:37 PM »

https://soundcloud.com/ollistarmusic/soichi-terada-creditsspecial-ending-ape-escape-bootleg

finally wasn't pissed enough to do this whole song AGAIN and get it finished

Ky

« Reply #314 on: March 29, 2016, 05:10:06 PM »

I liked that one oli. Never heard the normal song before but it's pretty catchy. Feels like a song I could use as a alarm to wake up since it has a good happy vibe to it.  Cool work! :sparkle:

I just listened to the original song and I totally like your one more.  Has more of a playful sound if that makes any sense to you.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 05:27:46 PM by Ky »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36