Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: 【Kamen Rider / Tokusatsu 】  (Read 22210 times)

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
【Kamen Rider / Tokusatsu 】
« on: September 29, 2014, 09:20:30 AM »

TOKU THREAD GO

I got 3 recommendations for curious people that are generally considered good. I'll also attach some footage, since the primary reason to watch is the action and special effects. (Though some of the shows have really good plot and characterization as well) That and pretty boys.  :love:

First, Kamen Rider Gaim. Despite its fruity appearance, a darkness slumbers within this show that hasn't been seen in the franchise in a long time. Gaim follows Kazuraba Kouta, a retired street dancer, who gets caught up in an otherworldy invasion of the Earth and a race for the Golden Fruit, which grants its owner the power to remake the world as he chooses.

Where to get:
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=0_0&filter=0&term=kamen+rider+gaim

Subs: Aesir

Tags: Corruption, Suffering, Main Cast Death, Pokemon, Street Dancing, Teams, Lots of Riders, Determined Rival, Fujo-Baiting

Next, probably my favourite Rider show (there are many greats, so its hard to choose), Kamen Rider W. Follows the "half boiled" private detective Hidari Shoutaro and his partner, Phillip. Together they take on cases that elude the police, relating to the mysterious 'Dopant' humans-turned-monsters that have started appearing in their beloved City of Fuuto. Using the W (Double) Driver, they "become one" and fight as a two-in-one Kamen Rider!

Avoid watching the following video past the 3rd minute mark, as it spoils the "ending".

The Secondary Rider is called Accel, and was such a cool guy he got his own movie.

Where to get:
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=507513

Subs: Over-Time / Double-Time

Tags: Intense Fujo-Baiting, Revenge and Redemption, Comedy, I Cried At The End And A Couple Times Before It, Stylish Suits, Sympathetic Recurring Villain (Nazca), Death, Jazzy Soundtrack

Lastly, Kamen Rider Kabuto. While it has a few years on its neck and the only subs are 50% guess work, the characters and comedy still shines through. There is not much to say about a plot, because its crazy. But there are aliens called Worms, which are taking over the planet. And to stop this Kamen Rider Kabuto and Friends try to stop it while looking as cool as humanly possible. Kabuto (Tendou Souji) himself, is an enormous know-it-all and is pretty much perfect in every way. But instead of being an annoying Mary Sue, he's a glorious bastard you love.

Where to get:
http://tracker.tvnihon.com/index.php?category=41

Subs: TV-Nihon

Tags: Rule of Cool, Fujo-Baiting, Bullet Time Effects, Glorious Bastard, Lovable Cast, Main Cast Death, Adorable Loli, The Grim Darkness of the Second Millennium, More Death, Time Travel

Hiro

Re: 【Kamen Rider / Tokusatsu 】
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 01:47:59 PM »

lol gay

a worthless person

• not worth worrying about
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 09:05:42 PM »

:eee:

Gaim is really good!

bubblecat

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 09:08:27 PM »

I tried watching W a few years ago but I cannot get into the awful effects

I just looks cheap, dumb, and distracting.

I guess people find that "charming" or some other nonsense.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 09:10:46 PM by bubblecat »

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 10:17:47 AM »

@Hiro: Yes, incredibly so.

@Worthy: It really is!

@bubblecat: It's such a dumb thing to say, but it does get better. That said, it's not for everyone.

For people who think Rider and Sentai (the show Power Rangers get all their stuff from) are too 'kiddy' but still want to watch monster of the week action, I can't recommend Garo enough.

It has a strong Japanese horror sub theme and lore built up around it, a lot of the fighting is out-of-suit martial arts, lots of night scenes, effects don't try to cram all the colours of the rainbow into themselves, and there's no 'let me just take 5 minutes to do my transformation dance'.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 09:36:49 AM »

Just watched the first episode of Drive (the new Rider) and WOW its so good. And so nice to be back to a martial arts rider instead of toy weapons.

But I know better than to get too excited. Wizard had a great first episode too. And it became one of the worst shows in the franchise.

Subs: http://over-ti.me/

Gropy

• Purest around.
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 11:19:03 AM »

What
The
Fuck
Am
I
Watching?

I enjoyed it tho

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 06:20:14 PM »

Yes!

Gropy

• Purest around.
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 06:25:58 PM »

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 10:48:38 AM »

Gropy

• Purest around.
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 12:10:05 PM »

Great EP. Nothing really to add, he fighted them that was about it.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 12:22:28 PM »

You came to the wrong neighbourhood.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 11:34:03 AM »

Gropy

• Purest around.
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 07:51:53 PM »

Ah I'm late, but again great episode, this time alot more information. But left me confused, whos the different guys etc,  :damn: but I expect them to explain it later, I enjoyed it alot!
Kinda sad they killed of the qt guy with glasses  :tears:
Still waiting for more riders.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 08:31:47 PM »

Usually it takes a while for another Rider to pop up (exceptions being shows with tons of Riders, like the previous season, Kamen Rider Gaim).  :wink:

Seems like the original Drive might make an appearance soon though~

I think the Machine Chaser guy from last episode might be the original drive but then he either got corrupted, or one of the bad guys started wearing his appearance. Guessing from Mr. Belt's reaction to him and because his monster form looks like a corrupted rider + original drive is also purple and black like him.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6