Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29

Author Topic: MMO general  (Read 75143 times)

landshark

• earthboat
Re: MMO general
« Reply #165 on: January 12, 2016, 05:27:10 AM »

To know that they might one day be uncensored and landy and scumbag get the fap they deserve, it fills you with determination.
I'm not lewd!!!
frick u

landshark

• earthboat
« Reply #166 on: January 12, 2016, 05:27:45 AM »

1.Yep
2.Don't think so.
well tits

or the lack thereof
frick u

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.
« Reply #167 on: January 12, 2016, 06:06:57 AM »

To know that landy may one day accept her lewdness, it fills you with determination.

landshark

• earthboat
« Reply #168 on: January 12, 2016, 08:52:52 AM »

stop :eee:
frick u

Kami_sama

« Reply #169 on: January 12, 2016, 10:42:51 AM »

To know that I might stop one day, it fills you with determination. :sparkle:

DirtyRed

« Reply #170 on: January 12, 2016, 10:58:59 AM »

« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 11:01:56 AM by DirtyRed »

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2016, 11:17:17 AM »

IT NEVER ENDS

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #173 on: January 12, 2016, 02:56:56 PM »

We're going to be entering the age of VR pretty soon.

Yet there will never be a MMO which does combat, exploration, progression , and the social aspects right.

Never mind the microtranscancer, rehashed wannabe fantasy lore and the same, stale, over designed armour sets every MMO does over and over.

At most an MMO will do two things right and then be horrendous in every other way.

We'll never live the lives of our dreams online from the comfort of our own basements.

We'll suffer in RL forever and ever.

Hold me broskis. Hold me tight.

Kami_sama

« Reply #174 on: January 12, 2016, 03:57:25 PM »

Knowing that there is a slim but existing chance that a perfect MMO will be born during our life, it fills you with determination. :sparkle:

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #175 on: January 13, 2016, 01:19:50 AM »

My problem with the gear treadmill is that it needs to be more of a gear gym.  :gloom:

landshark

• earthboat
« Reply #176 on: January 13, 2016, 06:56:50 AM »

We're going to be entering the age of VR pretty soon.

Yet there will never be a MMO which does combat, exploration, progression , and the social aspects right.

Never mind the microtranscancer, rehashed wannabe fantasy lore and the same, stale, over designed armour sets every MMO does over and over.

At most an MMO will do two things right and then be horrendous in every other way.

We'll never live the lives of our dreams online from the comfort of our own basements.

We'll suffer in RL forever and ever.

Hold me broskis. Hold me tight.

this video is really good

i mean it's hard to make a perfect game but to make a perfect mmo they first have to break out of the blueprint that is WoW and it's success

level based progression, x y z quests, skill trees, that stuff is considered synonymous to MMOs only because of how WoW did it, not to say WoW was bad but because it was what worked so well at the time, developers never took risks, with the exception of EVE

I love reading about EVE but I'd probably never play it, the freedom it gives the players to write their own stories and events are fueled by real intentions and prizes with real stakes, im not exactly sure about how it works, but if you're fighting for X area in space, there's only one of that area to conquer, unlike raid bosses which have been killed several hundreds or thousands of times before you, or a legendary "sword" either blocked by a paywall or part of a quest others have completed, making it not really unique

MMOs are a big risk because of the amount of time and money it takes to create one, so it's understandable why most developers would play it safe and follow most of the foundation that WoW has already placed

basically, everyone's idea of MMO, or at least most means it must have things like set quests and skill trees and "get better gear with higher numbers so you can kill enemies with higher numbers"; at the basic level, all an MMO has to do is just have a massive amount of players in one instance at a time, and give them ways to interact with each other, and build around that

I'm not saying the next big MMO has to be a sandbox, but it doesn't have to be a theme park either
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 07:03:18 AM by landshark »
frick u

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #177 on: January 13, 2016, 07:06:00 AM »

Lifts for RNGesus

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #178 on: January 13, 2016, 08:05:31 AM »

@landshark: Pretty much all of that

The reliance on the skinner box-y numbers ladder is just getting in the way of the genre growing into new directions too.

It'd be really fun to make an MMO that built on player interaction instead. After all that's kind of what you'd expect from an online world right?

landshark

• earthboat
« Reply #179 on: January 13, 2016, 08:47:49 AM »

Thing is people want theme parks every single sandbox mmo has failed at holding high numbers of population exluding Eve online of course.

I do miss runescape tier quests they are alot more interesting than Kill X etc.

I can't think of many other sandbox MMOs
The theme park formula works, and is a safe formula, EVE tried something different, and it worked, as risky as it was

Part of the issue is that people are so used to theme park MMOs that they don't know what else to look for in an MMO that's any different from WoW, because there's so few examples of anything else to compare it to with the saturation of WoW clones
frick u
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29