Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41

Author Topic: MECHA  (Read 91750 times)

McJongJing

Re: MECHA
« Reply #555 on: August 05, 2016, 01:19:16 AM »

Atlas is cool. It'd look way better if they toned down some of the indents and stuff though. Almost like they try too hard to make it look realistic and it loops back to silly.

Those chunky legs are lovely though. It looks like it could punch the shit out of someone with those beefy arms. Skullface looks sick.

a worthless person

• not worth worrying about
« Reply #556 on: August 05, 2016, 02:03:30 AM »

"A 'Mech as powerful as possible, as impenetrable as possible, and as ugly and foreboding as conceivable, so that fear itself will be our ally." - Aleksandr Kerensky

"With the largest amount of armor of nearly any 'Mech, crippling firepower, and the foreboding skull-shaped "Death's Head" cockpit/head assembly, the Atlas lived up to its reputation. The mere sight of an Atlas had been known to make even a veteran MechWarrior break out in a cold sweat, and theoretically a single Atlas can take on and wipe out an entire battalion of Stingers in exchange for minor armor loss."

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah the MWO version of Atlas is really dumb, to be honest.

Some drawings of it are bad.

But yeah, the whole cool point about the atlas is that it DOES smash the shit out of mechs.

The "Badguys" of the setting, the Clanners, have these super advanced mechs that have awesome ranged weapons, but they have a code of honor that involves not really doing melee combat.

So when the Inner Sphere crazy motherfuckers in atlases march in and fucking SMASH A MADCAT'S FUCKING FACE OPEN it's cool.

By the by, here's one of my favorite illustration for how the atlas looks

« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 02:10:39 AM by a worthless person »

McJongJing

« Reply #557 on: August 05, 2016, 04:53:37 AM »

>code of honour
>in war

a worthless person

« Reply #558 on: August 05, 2016, 05:50:26 AM »

they have reasons behind zellbrigen or whatever and it makes some sense in context of the universe, but it takes a lot of reading to get to.

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #559 on: August 05, 2016, 07:02:01 PM »

It's hard not to love the banana

McJongJing

« Reply #560 on: August 06, 2016, 06:26:30 PM »

Anyone here ever watch Fang of the Sun Dougram?
It's pretty great. The politics are surprisingly indepth for an 80s toy commercial, and the battles use a lot of combined arms like tanks and infantry alongside the mecha.

Ky

« Reply #561 on: August 06, 2016, 08:17:10 PM »

I wish more mecha series did that. Seeing mechas more as a supporting unit or having support teams is more interesting to me than one godlike robot killing upwards of 20 enemy mechs alone.

I think it opens the battlefield tactics up more so things can get spiced up.
Maybe I should watch it.

McJongJing

« Reply #562 on: August 06, 2016, 08:49:04 PM »

kickstart the bookclub again.
I don't mind it when it's just mecha fighting, but I fucking hate one sided stomps.
Something 0079 got so right was Amuros progression of competency.
The gundam starts out as a super unbeatable mecha, but there's still some tension because Amuro is inexperienced and the zeeks all know what they're doing.
And as Amuro gets more and more competent it balances out with the introduction of new tech so it isn't just Amuro curbstomps evreryone.

Compare that to fucking SEED where Kira just beamspams2win against suits who never stood a chance.

I really likes that bit in the 08th ms team omake where they use BB as a spotter. More gundam should use teamwork like that.

McJongJing

« Reply #563 on: August 09, 2016, 08:18:35 AM »

GREAT NEWS PRIVATE, COLONEL ORDERED A BIG GUY 4 U

McJongJing

« Reply #564 on: August 14, 2016, 07:45:23 AM »

>this niggas death
Ahahahaha holy fucking shit that's hilarious
r.i.p

Ky

« Reply #565 on: August 14, 2016, 08:06:10 AM »

:laugh: final destination.

McJongJing

« Reply #566 on: August 14, 2016, 08:14:00 AM »

SAAAAAAAIKO!
:DDDDDDDDDD

a worthless person

« Reply #567 on: August 14, 2016, 01:20:45 PM »

what narrative point does such a meaningless death serve?

McJongJing

« Reply #568 on: August 14, 2016, 04:08:16 PM »

That's what makes it sad. Guy survived being chased by the miillitary in the desert for days and then dies to a stupid accident. It's the first death, so it teaches our characters to stop fucking around and act with some more professionalism.
Death doesn't serve a purpose in life. Sometimes you can't see it coming and you get hit by a car or something.

a worthless person

« Reply #569 on: August 14, 2016, 08:22:35 PM »

That's still the most fucking ridiculous death ever.

at least make it something more believable.

For example, maybe he could've fucked up one of those stupid jumps he did and absolutely mangled himself.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41