Welcome new members~!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: MAGIC  (Read 6459 times)

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
MAGIC
« on: February 24, 2020, 11:42:22 AM »

Anyone who likes Magic the Gathering? Did you try out Arena?

I haven't touched it in quite a while (standard became super boring when Ixalan rotated), but I heard they actually have friend lists now!  Anyone want to play some sick cards? :wave:

ScumbagSoldier

Re: MAGIC
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 04:06:05 PM »

The bug bit me and I played a shitton of Arena over the fall when Eldraine was new. Haven't really checked out Theros Beyond death yet, but the OG Theros block was pretty boring, so...

I'll post my friend code later when I'm not studying. I know If I open up the game I'll be tempted to play.   :shock:

Join house Dmir or you're a queer.

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 04:08:30 PM »

Also how is it Simic and not Izzet telling me to grow a penis?

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 05:03:44 PM »

Izzet is mad physics. Simic is mad biology.  :laugh:

My OTP guild is actually Orzhov, which combines with Dimir colors for glorious ESPER

My arena ID:
Ming#73954

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 08:55:48 PM »

I play commander every friday at my place with friends! I have a Slimefoot and a Talrand deck!

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 11:31:17 AM »

Ahem.

TheCryingOrc#97982

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 01:08:50 PM »

If you guys are interested in Commander and modern, xmage is a free program that works well for playing online and I'm hella down to play with you guys.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 06:46:06 AM »

Added you Scummie

I might be interested Olli, I am really, REALLY tired of standard. I miss my old ass bae modern legal cards  :sad2:

I don't know much about commander, I played it once or twice. But I'd be up for giving it another go! We need a few players though.

I rocked Azumi, Lady of Scrolls. Ah but not just with any old heap of wizards. No no, my theme was TIME WIZARDS. When I suddenly announced that I was going to take 11 extra turns, the table just scooped and didn't want to play it again for a long while, and at that point I'd disassembled it + the Harkon deck I was working on for modern decks.  :yay:

Return to Kamigawa WHEN

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2020, 12:59:48 AM »

When I suddenly announced that I was going to take 11 extra turns
hahahaha that's great, commander can get really stupid in a very fun way. My friend just spent way too much money building a Jin-Gitaxias deck that is very rude when it pops off.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2020, 02:46:10 AM »

Speaking of too much money... with the release of Arena, I got nostalgic so I went around looking at card prices. Because I had sold 95% of my collection that had value (spent ass loads of money on magic, and then moved to where there were was no magic community, with little to no money in my pocket. Seemed like a wise decision).

Some cards now have quadruple value, or even gained an extra zero compared to what I sold them for... and I want my cards back.

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2020, 06:44:29 PM »

I love Magic the gathering.

I play it once or twice a week IRL at places in my city (Modern, I'm rocking a storm deck. Considering diversifying soon now that I have a job).

I very rarely play on Arena, but sometimes play on mtgo. Tried cockatrice also and it's actually quite good (and free!) now.

Some cards now have quadruple value, or even gained an extra zero compared to what I sold them for... and I want my cards back.
I wouldn't beat myself over it. You can't predict the future and the current prices are so high, it was impossible to forecast.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2020, 05:36:42 PM »

I'd call you evil for playing storm but I used to play legacy dredge so I can't really say anything...

:sorry:

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2020, 06:18:43 PM »

combo deck are cool!  :kyaa:

I like meeting similarly minded people. Yesterday I played against a guy playing Ad Nauseam. It was really nice :laugh:

Though I think that if I'm building another deck I'll do something more midrange-y or control-y like bant blade or death shadow.

card

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2020, 04:25:32 AM »

Ah very nice. I mostly play commander and do not have an Arena account (doesn't run on my operating system afaik). I've got 11 decks, although I haven't played a few of them in a while. I tried legacy and modern too but it didn't quite click with me. Maybe I'll have another crack at them later. I usually play once a week, from 3 to 7 games a visit depending on when I arrive.

I'd call you evil for playing storm but I used to play legacy dredge so I can't really say anything...

:sorry:
I've seen a deck like that win on turn 1, it was quite amusing. It wasn't manaless for whichever reason but it could certainly stomp someone if they had no T0 answers.

If you guys are interested in Commander and modern, xmage is a free program that works well for playing online and I'm hella down to play with you guys.
I would certainly like to join you if there's a seat open. I'd have to look up a deck list if the format is not going to be commander.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2020, 03:04:31 PM »

I'd be up for commander but I think we need 4 players at least or it would just naturally become 2 vs 1 as soon as someone gets an advantage.  :heh:

What decks do you like to play card?  :yay:
Pages: [1] 2