Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: upcoming stuff  (Read 12222 times)

bubblecat

Re: upcoming stuff
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 08:24:18 AM »

relevent

schizotypal

• The next hiro
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 10:18:20 AM »

I like anime as it is, he's not right about miyazaki being right and I don't like under the dog as much as other western fans. I don't want westerners to "fix" anime, it's alright as it is. Pick another medium if you don't like this one.
I'm back mufugga

bubblecat

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 10:54:04 AM »

wanting some variance and supporting interesting projects is in no way a bad thing and if you think it is that sounds like a personal problem. everyone should be doing this in any medium. I don't know why you would want to hold back creativity.

that said I think anime is alright atm. there's usually something for everyone each season, even if its a bit unbalanced

schizotypal

• The next hiro
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 11:37:08 AM »

If you think it's "alright", why do you act as if it needs more "variance"? Especially with the (limited) market pandering to a culturally oppressive and un-sensitive majority?

I don't want to stifle creativity, that's why I like the otaku market, because it's diverse and original. "wanting some variance" to a pig westerner like you is wanting more "mature" stuff, suppression of what makes anime, anime and proliferation of everything western, everything disgusting and amoral.

It is a personal problem, I fucking hate the west, Death to america and death to the west.
Stay the fuck out of my interests, you already ruined what you have, why do you need to rot another perfectly good thing, western scum?

I'm back mufugga

schizotypal

• The next hiro
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 11:38:40 AM »

@JisatsuPrincess I'm sure agrees with me about western gaijin imperialist pigs staying out of japan, so I'm not a lone 'loon with this opinion.
I'm back mufugga

bubblecat

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 11:52:48 AM »

because it does need more variance, everything does. the majority of shows are samey and it's not common to have a show that breaks away from the acceptable trends. there are only a small handful of things a season that try anything different (which is better than nothing, that's why it's "alright" but still not perfect)

the current state of the industry in one in which several creators cannot make the things they want to make because studios rarely receive funding for anything that doesn't fit into the established mold. under the dog is just the latest example of this. that's not OK, and if you think it should stay this way then you do want to stifle creativity.

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 12:10:27 PM »

So Ninja Slayers is getting an anime by Trigger

Book trailer:

I haven't read the books or manga and just accidentially came across it just now by looking at Figma. It's supposedly about Ninjas in a cyberpunk setting.

So... I'm more or less HYPE AS FRICK.

schizotypal

• The next hiro
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2014, 12:59:56 PM »

The market is appealing to a certain niche demographic which has a say in how and what is made. This is good, at least compared to the alternative you're offering, which is being bent over by an audience that adores everything "mature" and "cool" and denies everything "childish" and "creepy".
There is enough diversity in the japanese otaku market, yes, otaku-oriented works are the majority, but this is looking at it from the position of the japanese otaku market. Comparing it to the cinema industry (which is dominated by the same person that wants a say in how and anime is made), the cartoons industry (again, dominated by the same demographics that dislikes anime, for its' japanese character) or any other medium, it's a small, small minority that's getting genocided.
The day when all of you are going to petition for all movies to come out of hollywood to have a japanese influence is the day your desire to butt-in and force original native japanese culture to be stifled will be considered legit. 

I know your kind.
You say you want "variety", "diversity", "originality".
What you truly want is GENOCIDE of everything truly japanese or niche and the installment of another western imperialist propaganda.

I'm back mufugga

Hiro

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2014, 01:03:33 PM »

It is a personal problem, I fucking hate the west, Death to america and death to the west.
Stay the fuck out of my interests, you already ruined what you have, why do you need to rot another perfectly good thing, western scum?
why are you such a kike?

schizotypal

• The next hiro
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2014, 01:06:11 PM »

tsk, and here i said that I love you...
I'm back mufugga

bubblecat

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2014, 01:08:45 PM »

I can't tell if this is satire anymore. everything has to the one extreme or the other to you. all I'm saying creators should should have a little more freedom to able to create things that they want, it has absolutely nothing to do with the big western boogieman whatsoever. your blanket assumptions about everything is amusing though.

schizotypal

• The next hiro
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2014, 01:35:58 PM »

You clalim that i'm making up a "big western boogeyman" and that "there is no conspiracy" while peddling your kickstarter stuff. Typical white-face hypocrisy.
Even if you were "just" promoting what you claim to be pure artistic freedom, my original argument was in reply to the demobigot video you posted, in reply to that you said (and here I quote)
wanting some variance and supporting interesting projects is in no way a bad thing
implying that what he was promoting and that his complaints weren't about the anime/otaku industry not being western enough but about anime being not diverse enough.

So, even if you didn't mean to defend the extreme (but by no means uncommon, unfortunately) imperialistic opinion expressed in that video, I'm pretty sure it came off that way.

If you didn't and don't support the views expressed by such people then I offer my apologies. I'm just fed up and assailed almost daily by their kind.  :frusterated:
I'm back mufugga

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2014, 02:06:33 PM »

What is going on here?

bubblecat

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2014, 02:06:33 PM »

the Kickstarter was made by the Japanese staff, what does this have to do with "the western genocide of everything Japanese" or whatever you're going on about when it is the Japanese themselves asking for the help? uhh :ok4:

all my posts have been my thoughts in general, not my thoughts on the video. I'm not defending anything in the video other than the supporting of the under the dogs creators getting their stuff out.

if someone wants to make an otaku show they should have the ability, and conversely if someone wants to make a scifi show like UTG they also should, that's all I care about.

bubblecat

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2014, 02:07:55 PM »

What is going one here?
genocide apparently :laugh:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5