News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 487

Author Topic: blog  (Read 829957 times)

Pleinair

• I swear I'll post more. Eventually...
Re: blog
« Reply #7215 on: June 11, 2020, 06:08:30 PM »

Time for one of my biannual updates. (jfc I really should log in more.)

I just got back home from an interview for a promotion. It went as well as it could've, considering I'm an awkward mess most of the time. They told me to expect the a response by the end of next week.  I think I'd be a great fit in the position, and I'm hoping they see it that way too.

Just found out that moonland amazon offers global shipping on some items with reasonable shipping times. It said I'd get my item within 6 days.  I don't know how long they've done this but I'm super excited over it. :sing:

I think I might have gotten scammed recently, I impulse bought an impact wrench because it was cheap af. But then I got charged the wrong amount, and the merchant name on my statement is different. I asked about it and got this response. "meaybe some wrong with our website". Luckily I used my credit card and can dispute the charges through them.   

I ended up changing the spark plugs on my car. I need to write a strongly worded letter to who ever the hell thought making the coil packs and spark plugs completely inaccessible without lifting the whole damn engine out was a good idea. And don't even get me started on this dumbass secondary injection system. I tried blocking it off. I managed to get one of the block off plates in while it completely sliced open my thumb. I got so mad, on top of being impossible to line up, I ended up bleeding all over the place. I'm no quitter, but I didn't even attempt the other side. It required some creative uses of socket extensions and joints . I literally couldn't even. The whole ordeal took me almost 10 hours.
Also There is something loose in my car. It's been driving me insane. Sound like a freaking tambourine every time I go over a bump. I checked everything I  have access to. I have a suspicion that something is rattling inside the side skirt. I had a mishap  with a jack stand and now there is a crack in it. Some thing might of snuck in there. However I've so much bad luck with body work that I don't want to take it off and check. I can never get it back on quite right.

/end rambling

It all returns to nothing, it all comes tumbling down

Pleinair

« Reply #7216 on: June 25, 2020, 08:34:05 AM »

So, I got the new position I applied for. I can't start untill they hire someone to replace my current position. Also I decided to go back to school. These up coming months are going to be stressful af.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

DirtyRed

« Reply #7217 on: June 25, 2020, 10:49:44 AM »

Congrats Plein!  :yay:
Hope you'll be able to start soon

Ky

« Reply #7218 on: July 28, 2020, 08:30:28 AM »

I also got a promotion of sorts.  Where it was you either take this new role with a slight pay increase or you find another job.  Pretty lame but the newer work is more interesting and decreased stress levels overall.

I've been getting into vinyl lately after inheriting my mums old turntable and a box of vinyl.  Bought some speakers and have a custom amplifier being made/prototyped at the moment.  To tie me over I bought an old Yamaha amp/eq/turntable that was restored from a pretty cool dude that restores vintage audio gear.

I hadn't taken any of my own photos so here's a photo from the guy's website. Much swag for a budget system.  :yay:

Pleinair

« Reply #7219 on: August 17, 2020, 12:46:09 PM »

Fourth week of my on the job training and also my last. They've got me working on my own today because my trainer called out. I feel sorta ready for this, but I feel like a bird falling out of the nest. Gotta start flapping my wings I guess. My car broke down last week so I've been mostly walking. It feels somewhat nostalgic. Harkening back to when I was young and had no other option. I did manage to get a hold of a bicycle lately. Its a little more convenient, but I keep feeling like I'm going to get ran over at any moment.

Pleinair

« Reply #7220 on: August 17, 2020, 03:04:36 PM »

Half way done with the day, I've managed to not totally mess things up. Just gotta keep it up for another 3 hours.

Rekijolizwiz

• ummm etooo
« Reply #7221 on: August 17, 2020, 04:04:24 PM »

:sweatdrop: ganbatte Pleinair
I also got a promotion of sorts.  Where it was you either take this new role with a slight pay increase or you find another job.  Pretty lame but the newer work is more interesting and decreased stress levels overall.

I've been getting into vinyl lately after inheriting my mums old turntable and a box of vinyl.  Bought some speakers and have a custom amplifier being made/prototyped at the moment.  To tie me over I bought an old Yamaha amp/eq/turntable that was restored from a pretty cool dude that restores vintage audio gear.

I hadn't taken any of my own photos so here's a photo from the guy's website. Much swag for a budget system.  :yay:

damn bury nice speakers  :omg:

DirtyRed

« Reply #7222 on: August 17, 2020, 04:42:01 PM »

Gambatte Pleinair  :yay: :yay: :yay:
remember that the future of api depends on your performance today  :dance:

DirtyRed

« Reply #7223 on: August 17, 2020, 04:45:28 PM »

i jk

:sip:

Pleinair

« Reply #7224 on: August 19, 2020, 07:08:23 PM »

Monday went fine. Now I gotta do it again tomorrow in an official capacity it's kinda like my final test before I get to be on my own.

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #7225 on: September 09, 2020, 07:07:00 AM »

Welp, turned 25 yesterday, API...

...hold me. I'm old now.

DirtyRed

« Reply #7226 on: September 09, 2020, 09:16:57 AM »

happy birthday scummy  :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Pleinair

« Reply #7227 on: September 09, 2020, 10:36:58 AM »

It's all down hill from here. Happy birthday.

landshark

• earthboat
« Reply #7228 on: September 14, 2020, 01:42:03 AM »

im 26 this month

or was it 27
frick u

landshark

• earthboat