Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: E-celebs  (Read 15827 times)

McJongJing

E-celebs
« on: May 04, 2015, 12:09:25 AM »

Post about your faveorite E-celebs.
I only just found this guys channel, but I'm really enjoying it.
He talks about medieval weaponry and its portrayal in the media.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 09:39:02 AM by Island Goddess »

ScumbagSoldier

Re: E-celebs
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 12:19:58 AM »

I wish I was an eceleb.

I could be a rich neet, and stupid teenagers would love me.

Anyways, Jontron, 2BFP, and Bro Team are pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/user/lindybeige/videos
Here's a guy similar to the above, only he mostly speaks about historical weapons in their own context, with the occasional RPG, LARP, or Wargaming related video.

Any one know of any half decent anime/JRPG/Weeb type of person besides Demolition D?

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 12:30:32 AM »

Skallagrim is pretty cool, I was subscribed to him for a few months after I ran into a video of him talking about lightsabers and realism.

McJongJing

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 12:37:26 AM »

Demolition D puts a lot of effort into editing, but I dislike a lot of his jokes.
A lot of them are just memes or images taken from other sites wholesale.

Grumpy Jiisan was good, until he fell asleep on his rocking chair
 :tears:

Jesu Otaku was acceptable, if you can stand all the bullshit that inevitably comes with being associated with Channel "Awesome".

Honestly, I can't think of many decent youtubers who talk about anime.

I wish I was an eceleb.
There you go Scumbag. Found you a gap in the market.

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 12:42:30 AM »

I once thought of a gimmick for a youtube channel where I calmly LP H-games like they're normal games, but I never bothered.

Should I go for it, maybe occasionally branching out into weeb oriented LPs, general discussion videos, etc?

McJongJing

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 12:45:54 AM »

God yes.
There's so much shit in Hentai games that's ripe for laughing at.
I was thinking about doing riff trax for hentai actually.
Or dubbing over it.

bubblecat

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 12:50:32 AM »

Brent Newhall is the only really worthwhile anime guy on youtube. He's not as active as he used to be, but he recently made a semi-comeback. He has detailed multi-part breakdowns of several series, and is a very seasoned fan.

The current batch of anime related youtubes are largely garbage. Occasionally GoatJesus or ThatAnimeSnob will put out something decent, but the majority of their content isn't worthwhile for various reasons.

Jesu Otaku was OK too, I still read her written reviews on ANN and she has gotten better. On youtube she had some bias affecting her views on certain shows because of her faith, she no longer has as much of that bias because she doesn't even identify as christian anymore.

McJongJing

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 01:07:54 AM »

Brent has a 9 video series on Lain.
Neat.
Goat Jesus is alright sometimes. I liked his reviews on Kaiji and Shin Sekai Yori.
But most of his reviews were kind of like, 'eeh'

Jesu Otaku at least laid out her biases.
Like when she was talking about Sabagebu she said she didn't like it because she hates guns.
But she was at least willing to admit that she had a large bias against it.

What would you say that qualifies a 'worth while' anime guy.

bubblecat

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 01:17:26 AM »

Being able to backup the things you state, viewing each individual aspect of anime on a technical level and being able to understand and explain WHY the things work or don't work instead of just stating they do or don't without any detail. Avoid the most base level things that everyone already can discern and don't waste time talking about them (99% of anime youtubers do this, "the show is good because the art is nice and the music sounds good", fuck off.) Also you should be willing to be honest even if it ruffles the feathers of your viewers, and never backtrack on your statements due to backlash.

The cool thing about Brent is that he tries to avoid using the words "good" or "bad" at all when discussing a show, allowing him to give detailed explanations.

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2015, 03:41:50 AM »

I once thought of a gimmick for a youtube channel where I calmly LP H-games like they're normal games, but

There are creepy dudes who actually do this. Unironically.

I dig Jontron obviously. Love me them Sleepycabin boys too. I recently started following the guys from Super Best Friends or whatever but only for their fighting game shit cause they know what they're talking about. Wooly is love, Wooly is life.

Demo D doesn't meme that much. I enjoy him.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 10:33:47 AM »

Julian Smith, the one guy who makes comedy skits on YouTube with actual production quality

https://www.youtube.com/user/juliansmith87/

This guy, Jamie, is someone I've been subscribed to since like 2007. He basically started building a large robot spider one day and started uploading vlogs about the project and it goes from there. Right now he's building his own house boat for his family and finishing up a smaller solar panel powered boat which is pretty damn cool I must say. Got a pretty interesting view on life and things.

https://www.youtube.com/user/JMEMantzel

Lindybiege, the most entertaining historian on YouTube. Has done historical reenactments, and plays wargames and roleplaying games and his videos certainly caters to that crowd a bit. Actually travels the world doing videos about stuff unlike some people who just sit down and read from wikipedia.

https://www.youtube.com/user/lindybeige/

"The white Morgan Freeman", Zefrank. Pretty much invented the whole vlogging thing and everybody else is just a copy of a copy of a copy of this glorious original. If you ever feel like you're lost in life, search for Zefranks "the show", and then "a show".

https://www.youtube.com/user/zefrank1/

« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 10:38:37 AM by Ming »

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2015, 05:02:04 PM »

I very clearly already posted Lindybeige. Quit trying to steal my thunder.

Also his opinions on Black Death are wrong and he should feel bad about them

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 05:21:30 PM »

Oh, I didn't read your post

:sorry:

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 05:26:31 PM »

Ming is the thuderstealing princess!