Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Your Powerlevel, and the hiding therof  (Read 4863 times)

ScumbagSoldier

Your Powerlevel, and the hiding therof
« on: March 06, 2015, 04:48:38 AM »

When if you go outside, interact with others, and all that jazz, do you hide your powerlevel? If so, to what degree?

Also:Do you wear/openly purchase anime related apparel and merchandise?

To me, the old bit about treating your powerlevel like your dick (be proud of it, but don't whip it out when it's not time) is perfect for me.

I also own  Deathnote and Legend of the Overfiend T-Shirts. The former generally only illicits silent acknowledgments and the occasional "What band is Deathnote?" The latter generally gets perplexed responses, my stock response to which is "It's from a horror movie."

McJongJing

Re: Your Powerlevel, and the hiding therof
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 05:03:41 AM »

Aren't you worried they'll actually look up legend of the overfiend?
I only show my power level when it's relevant.
If someone brings anime up as a topic of conversation, then I'll be willing to talk about more obscure shows.
Occasionally I'll play games in public transport. If someone questions me about Touhou I just tell them it's a fantasy shooting game.
So long as you don't make a big deal out of it and dress alright, people will just think you're a bit quirky.

I don't own any anime related clothing, because I never found anything that looks good.
I don't own much merchandise either, but I don't hide it.
My gunpla and manga stands on my desk.

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 05:21:30 AM »

Aren't you worried they'll actually look up legend of the overfiend?

Meh.

bubblecat

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 06:15:47 AM »

I've got a Lain shirt, a BLAME! shirt and a NGE shirt. Plus assloads of merch including hundreds of volumes of manga, wallscrolls, figs, daki, ect. covering my room. It's always fun to see the reaction when the cable or internet guy have to come over.

Being ashamed of things you like out of fear of judgement is the lamest possible thing I can think of.

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 06:22:42 AM »

I've got a Lain shirt, a BLAME! shirt and a NGE shirt. Plus assloads of merch including hundreds of volumes of manga, wallscrolls, figs, daki, ect. covering my room. It's always fun to see the reaction when the cable or internet guy have to come over.

Being ashamed of things you like out of fear of judgement is the lamest possible thing I can think of.

The Lain shirt. Post it.

Also post from whence it came.

bubblecat

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 06:36:08 AM »

I got it on ebay years ago, the seller is long dead tho.

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 06:44:46 AM »

Looks nice.

[ the seller is long dead tho.
:sad2:

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 08:57:43 AM »

So long as you don't make a big deal out of it and dress alright, people will just think you're a bit quirky.

This right here. If I ever have a  need to bring up one of my hobbies, I always play it off as it's not something I'm all that passionate about and it's just 'something weird I stumbled upon'.

Which of course, isn't that far from the truth. I watch very little anime and hardly ever play games anymore.

:whine:

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 09:52:35 AM »

"Hiding your power level" is a shitty /a/ meme. Like what you like. I just go with the flow but I'm not afraid to bring up my hobbies with someone I genuinely enjoy.

Hopefully getting a Lain shirt and this Japanese shirt soon. I'll post pics later.

lmoa

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 10:08:49 AM »

^

As long as you're not a cringefest maymay spouting we-a-bo, I don't think people would mind what your hobbies are for the most part.

Pleinair

• I swear I'll post more. Eventually...
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 10:48:33 AM »

I don't go out of my way to hide it. I wear a small FLCL pin on my backpack, and I have a Lucky Star sticker on my car.
It all returns to nothing, it all comes tumbling down

Royalkitten

• huh
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 11:26:50 AM »

I do not have any Anime clothes to wear. The shock and fear my friends wife showed when she saw my collection was priceless though. I do not hide it, but I do not mention it unless it comes up in some way. Not ashamed at all and bitches love my (the money I spent on) figs  :heart:
Dear Ming,

Please delete my account.

Onegai <3

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 12:34:05 PM »

It's only weeb if you're a weeb. If you understand fashion enough you can make it work as long as it's not some hetalia shirt you got from hot topic or something gaudy.

tldr: don't go to hot topic.

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 12:37:09 PM »

Here's the 2 aforementioned shirts.
Both will probably end up being undershirts for open button ups or something cause >muh layers.

murasa

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 03:16:18 PM »

Only my closest friends knows I'm a weeb irl. I don't really have a reason to bring it up but I wouldn't hide it.
Pages: [1] 2