Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 53

Author Topic: The general anime thread  (Read 119157 times)

a worthless person

• not worth worrying about
Re: The general anime thread
« Reply #690 on: January 07, 2018, 07:57:38 PM »

I like that they gave work to AC Unit, my favorite music video creator for such famous bands as Group_Inou, as well as the well known Galo Sengen.

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #691 on: January 07, 2018, 08:58:29 PM »

Oh shit! I take it he did the Bob Team Epic segments?

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #692 on: January 08, 2018, 07:31:50 AM »

Yeeeeeeeee

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #693 on: January 08, 2018, 09:09:59 AM »

Batoto is shutting down...

BATOTO is SHUTTING DOWN

BA-TO-TO IS SHUT-TING DOOOOOOOOOOWN!!

McJongJing

« Reply #694 on: January 09, 2018, 03:53:48 AM »

Pop Team Epic was shit and not funny
DUDE REFERENCES LMAO
I did like the Layzner reference though

DirtyRed

« Reply #695 on: January 09, 2018, 04:26:25 AM »

DUDE REFERENCES LMAO
It was shit intentionally  :dance:

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #696 on: January 09, 2018, 05:43:36 AM »

>DUDE REFERENCES LMAO

But bro

That's what a large chunk of the manga is isn't it? Either to something really obscure, current events, or "member that"

And a lot of that which isn't can be grouped into "hey look isn't it absurd for high school girls to be doing this" or "look at these girls being foul mouthed!" or "check out this funny face", often in combination

Not saying that makes up 100% of the content of the mango but it's very prominent

What I'm saying is, a lot of people have been saying it's shit, yet it's not very different from the 4koma and yet they enjoy that. Really what people don't enjoy, I think, is seeing it as an adaption where you get a fuckton of this type of humor back to back with no breaks. It's like Robot Chicken, which a lot of people think is trash too. But people like myself love. This type of content need breaks in between as not to become too dense. You know like intermissions.

In Robot Chicken this could be 10 seconds of just a Bigfoot driving down the street in an open top car wearing a trucker hat. Absolutely not funny but it gives you a comedic palette cleanser for the next, actual sketch.

But in Pop, you get Pipimi starring in the opening scene of Skyrim

Basically, the Pop Team Epic anime isn't bad, it's just different

Kind of like how Lego Batman isn't Batman even though it's called Batman knowhatimsayin

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 05:45:12 AM by Ming »

McJongJing

« Reply #697 on: January 09, 2018, 05:58:15 AM »

if the format doesn't work as well then it doesn't work as well. Pipimi in the opening scene of Skyrim is not funny.
You look at that famous "your motherfucking life ends 30 minutes from now" strip and that's funny. That's a really great joke with a good absurd punchline.
If the Skyrim thing was just an eyecatch between jokes I wouldn't care, but there's like five minutes of back to back references.
Also I don't think the manga itself is perfect either. It has a lot of strips that I don't find funny. Maybe my IQ just ain't high enough for non jokes. But it works better in that because I can read it more briskly. Strips come and go in seconds but in animated format it takes longer.

McJongJing

« Reply #698 on: January 09, 2018, 06:02:40 AM »

Also Devulman Crybaby was disappointing. I thought Yuasa could do no wrong but  it omits crucial and classic scenes from the manga and replaces it with new stuff that doesn't actually add a whole lot. It misses out on important back story and characterizations. If I hadn't read the manga I'd be fucking lost.

Card Captor Sakura Clear Card and Shinkalion were both really good though. Clear Card feels just as cute as the original ccs did and invokes the same innocent sense of magic and wonder.

Shinkalion is a really simple show about trains turning into robots to fight evil train monsters and I love it.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #699 on: January 09, 2018, 12:27:46 PM »

>It has a lot of strips that I don't find funny

Agreed, honestly I don't think Bkub's current stuff is even a sliver as good as his old Touhou comics and while part of that is just due to the absurdist nature of pop team, he's been getting a lot more misses than home runs as time goes on I feel

*sad honk*

DirtyRed

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #701 on: January 10, 2018, 07:10:59 PM »

I like it!  :wave:

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #702 on: January 10, 2018, 08:00:26 PM »

DUDE REFERENCES LMAO

jesus it's like I never left /a/

PTE was fun and enjoyable. It wasn't a great first ep but I think it was kinda getting some shit out of the way before really getting into it. At the least it had a similar surreal charm to Nichijou if nothing else.

I liked Crybaby a lot. The visuals and OST were fucking amazing. I thought the story was just fine. I'd of liked them to show Akira and Ryo's childhood slightly more but for a 10 ep thing it was damn fine. And I barely read any of the manga and I followed along just fine.

McJongJing

« Reply #703 on: January 12, 2018, 07:33:22 PM »

This show was real great and had a good ending

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #704 on: January 13, 2018, 06:02:05 PM »

Glad to hear, i've been in the mood for militaristic shit lately and it's on my list for sure.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 53