Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: /fgg/ ~ Home for fightan [except not shitty]  (Read 55425 times)

ScumbagSoldier

Re: /fgg/ ~ Home for fightan [except not shitty]
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2015, 07:28:39 AM »

It's cool nigga I can do Wii U as well.
This thread is for fighting games. Please post only fighting games.
Smash was at evo.
Guess evo isn't about fighting games either ;->

Autismbux talk.

EVO also banned Skullgirls and DoA for being too sexist.

McJongJing

« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2015, 07:49:13 AM »

Fucking women and betas have to ruin everything fun  :mad:

McJongJing

« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2015, 08:35:53 AM »

I actually watched one of Anitas videos.
She implied that beat em ups and fighting games are 'male power fantasies' because you can hit women.

We should probably go back to talking about fighting before this thread goes off the rails though.

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2015, 12:59:17 PM »

I'm trying again to get into fighter. I'm currently trying to get good with skullgirls. However I don't really know where to start. Like, once I manage to be able to do the attack I want when I want it, what should I do ? How do I "see" which pattern of move connect nicely and allow me to do a 10-30 hits combo ? :omg2:

I'd also like to pick a touhou fighter but does the last one include an online mod ? Also which one is the last one, I've only managed to find the 12.3 in Japanese untranslated.

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2015, 01:32:32 PM »

12.3 is the most popular Touhou fighter (in the west anyway) and you can find translation patches on the touhou wiki.

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/English_patches

Latest is 13.5 Hopeless Masquerade, but afaik it's different from normal fighters in that it only features aerial combat (so flying around instead of walking along the ground).

There's a new one coming out in one week exactly called 14.5 Urban Legend in Limbo which also features aerial combat.

lmoa

« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2015, 01:48:02 PM »

Hopefully ULiL will be worth learning

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2015, 02:12:31 PM »

This thread is for fighting games. Please post only fighting games.
^

EVO also banned Skullgirls and DoA for being too sexist.
^

I'm trying again to get into fighter. I'm currently trying to get good with skullgirls. However I don't really know where to start. Like, once I manage to be able to do the attack I want when I want it, what should I do ? How do I "see" which pattern of move connect nicely and allow me to do a 10-30 hits combo ?

Have you gone through the tutorials yet? They're good so do all of those if you haven't yet. The one thing they don't do is teach you fundamentals, so you really need to learn those cause skullgirls has a knack fro getting people to throw fundies out the window and for a new player that's bad cause then if they go to about any other fighter they're kind of screwed.

Hopefully ULiL will be worth learning

It wasn't the best but I didn't mind what I played of it. More characters should make it a fun game to mess around with some friends on or something.

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2015, 02:31:25 PM »

I hope it's fun, I want to play as tiny2hu

Also Ichirin, but Shinmyonmaru will get my attention first

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2015, 02:39:07 PM »

Also I've been in the mood for some Alpha 3 soon. Any takers?

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2015, 03:20:28 PM »

Have you gone through the tutorials yet? They're good so do all of those if you haven't yet. The one thing they don't do is teach you fundamentals, so you really need to learn those cause skullgirls has a knack fro getting people to throw fundies out the window and for a new player that's bad cause then if they go to about any other fighter they're kind of screwed.
Yeah I did all the general tutorial and the tutorial for the character who looked cute. By "the fundamentals" I assume you mean the thing written in the pastebin linked in the first post ?

In practice, do I just play a lot and try to make good mix-up or is there any other way to go ?

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2015, 04:01:33 PM »

Yeah I did all the general tutorial and the tutorial for the character who looked cute. By "the fundamentals" I assume you mean the thing written in the pastebin linked in the first post ?

In practice, do I just play a lot and try to make good mix-up or is there any other way to go ?

Yeah all the info you need to git gud is in the OP.

Well playing a lot is definitely good. Mix-ups are good for getting an initial hit but from there on out you need combos. Skullgirls is all about combos, as the neutral game is practically non-existent at higher levels. With Skullgirls you're basically aiming towards being able to lock someone in a combo until they burst, set up a mix-up, and then lock into another combo.

Royalkitten

• huh
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2015, 06:38:37 AM »

I have no challenge. I am the strongest princessii.
Dear Ming,

Please delete my account.

Onegai <3

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2015, 07:52:12 PM »

So I was thinking how it would be super rad to see the Sailor Scouts is a Vs. Series style fighter.

Capcom vs. Toei when? Cause at that point we could throw in Cyborg 009, pretty much anything Go Nagai has touched I think, hell even Dragon Ball or One Piece to draw in a bigger crowd that might not have cared if not for those characters. Mother fucking Bobobo?! TvC already happened so Capcom needs to get on it!

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2015, 07:22:56 PM »

Skullgirls is free weekend until Sunday.

You should play it. Then buy it.

Is fun game.

Royalkitten

• huh
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2015, 11:08:10 PM »

Skullgirls is free weekend until Sunday.

You should play it. Then buy it.

Is fun game.
Spent more time waiting than playing and out of 6 matches matches 3 over 400 ping 2 disconnects and 1 game where I got half my health taken away and the moment I hit the ground I get hit straight back into another combo. no thank you.
Dear Ming,

Please delete my account.

Onegai <3
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17