Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: what is your favorite manga and anime  (Read 5151 times)

Hiro

what is your favorite manga and anime
« on: August 26, 2014, 10:14:05 PM »

LOGH has to be my favorite anime because of the space opera feel along with the attention to politics and ideals
also its filled with manly men who are not gay, example below

as for manga thats a bit harder for me to say, but boys on the run made me feel a way ive never felt so i guess ill go with that

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
Re: what is your favorite manga and anime
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 10:38:40 PM »

Manga?

BERSERK. There's nothing more to say, if you like dark fantasy you've read it and is suffering alongside the rest of us, waiting for the next chapter and praying that we never see another boat again.

Anime?

Patlabor. It's such a nice, cozy, and different mecha show. No massive super robots, no plots to destroy the earth or wipe out humanity that need to be thwarted. No whiny or try hard main protagonist. Instead you get police solving crimes and doing rescue work and having a good time and joking around and pulling pranks. Everyone in the division gets their own little arcs and growth. The role of 'main protagonist' is very fluid, but the girl above (Noa) is most certainly THE main protagonist.

murasa

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 10:45:37 PM »

I love Kino no Tabi!

bubblecat

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 11:08:42 PM »

my favorite anime is End of Evangelion. I come at it as a fan of film making more than a fan of anime. the experimental and challenging directing in it is incredible, and on par with anything I've seen anime or otherwise. the scene composition in nearly every shot in the second half is absolutely stunning and awe-inspiring. it has what is one of the single most well animated scequences ever with the asuka vs mass production fight from key animator mitsuo iso that single-handedly revolutionized the way weight and impact are done in animation. I love how it takes the psychological intensity the characters are feeling and then reflects it back onto the viewer by fucking with them by doing things like splicing footage of the actual audience sitting in the theater on opening day so 75% of the way through the film they realized they were watching themselves on the screen. stuff like that is great and exactly how I want to see a visual medium being taken advantage of to the fullest.

my favorite manga is Nijigahara Holograph because of the deeply intricate and interwoven story. it's a fragmented puzzle that takes multiple readings and a lot of close attention to put together, but every time you re-read it you pick up things you never did before and it's a constant state of "holy SHIT" every time you see how everything fits together. every single panel has meaning and effects something else in the story in a large way no matter how insignificant it may seem at first. I've read it at least once a year since 2009 and it still blows my mind every time I find something new. I honestly have no idea how a human being was able to come up with something like this. the only comparable thing I can think of is Lynch's Mulholland Drive, which also happens to be my favorite movie for the exact same reasons.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:21:59 PM by bubblecat »

MACHINE

• Madison
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 11:55:22 PM »

My favorite anime is Toradora. I'm sorry.

My favorite manga is is Oyasumi Pun-Pun. I'm also sorry.

Royalkitten

• huh
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 12:04:33 AM »

@bubblecat whoa!  :wave: That's a whole lot of love!  :yay:

Uhh MY favorite Anime series is Either Cereal Experiments Lain or Texhnolyze. I can not really decide between the two. gomen.  :sad:
as for MAINGAH. hmm for series I'd say Monster or Eden It's an endless world!  chii's sweet home for life For SINGULAR BUK. I'd saythe passion of gengoroh tagame Probably a drifting life by Yoshihiro Tatsumi . I own nijigahara holograph but havent read it because i dont know please forgive me
  :tears:
My favorite anime is Toradora. I'm sorry.

My favorite manga is is Oyasumi Pun-Pun. I'm also sorry.

I have no idea about toradora, but punpun was GREAT!
Dear Ming,

Please delete my account.

Onegai <3

bubblecat

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 12:19:28 AM »

yeah there's no reason to feel bad about punpun, it's exceptional on many levels. punpun's progression as a character is some of the best you'll find anywhere.

toradora wasn't horrible, the romance aspect got a little melodramatic toward the end for my tastes but if you're into that there's nothing wrong with it.

everyone so far has nice taste :dance:

bubblecat

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 04:13:47 AM »

oh man I forgot all about the rest of otona joshi because there was a 2 year gap between the first ep and all the others. time to get the rest of those. :heh:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 07:56:14 PM by bubblecat »

Pleinair

• I swear I'll post more. Eventually...
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 07:53:57 PM »

Hard to choose... Some of my top anime are FLCL, K-On!, Evangelion and Initial D. I don't really read manga other than Yotsuba&
It all returns to nothing, it all comes tumbling down

Parvati

• Russell, I'm against you.
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 10:29:15 PM »

K-on!

What else?

murasa

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 10:55:01 PM »

I read Azumanga Daioh so I guess that's my favourite

Medi

• ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 01:54:32 AM »

I like anime and manga that have a relaxed feel to them. :relax:

While I don't think I could all any of these my favorite, I enjoy things like Hidamari Sketch, Yotsubato, Aria and Yokohama for their calm and soothing atmosphere 

Hiro

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 02:22:49 AM »

i really like anime with the taking it easy type atmosphere

bubblecat

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 03:14:41 AM »

sketchbook full colors is p good for that too

Greg

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 05:36:14 PM »

favorite anime is prob kaiji, fav manga me and the devil blues