Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What got you into anime?  (Read 4939 times)

Kaznosa

• Rada Rada.
Re: What got you into anime?
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 11:49:30 PM »

Probably Pokemon. It was always on TV and I noticed other shows had the same art style lol. Thus, the adventure began.
Rada Rada.

schizotypal

• The next hiro
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2014, 09:49:40 AM »

Was into it since I remember.
I'm so 2d I shit dakimakuras.
I'm back mufugga

Hiro

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2014, 04:20:26 AM »

im too into 2d right now i think

Raz

• Gensokyo Volunteer Fairy Department
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2014, 10:10:42 PM »

Honestly i dont really know.  I never really watched anything from the occasional dragonball episode or pokemon growing up.  I liked japanese games and hated spanish class when i was in highschool so i said fuck it and took japanese instead.  I tried getting into anime, watched trigun and loved it but that was about it.  In my last year of highschool i actually got to go to japan to tour with a local symphony orchestra i was playing with at the time and the girl i spent most of my time with in my host family was a complete fujoshi, but was awesome.  she took me to akihabara, i went on a date with her friend, showed me around and introduced me to otaku culture.  I started getting interested in it then.  In the next couple years i watched a couple of the classics, azumanga, read all of FMA that was out at the time (still need to read the last few volumes), and it kinda simmered.  Then i found the world of buying manga from my used book store.  It all went down hill from there, well that and watching panty and stocking.  Now i have easily 500+ volumes of manga, 60+ figures, japanese books games, 2 dakimakuras, ect. and i dont regret it one bit.

tl;dr - a fujoshi in japan got me into anime.

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 10:32:24 AM »

Damn that's a rather unique way to get into it to say the least.  :sing:

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 05:12:27 PM »

I-it's best not to dwell on what could have been :sad2:

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2015, 10:50:55 AM »

Frankly, I was enamored with all the anime on YTV as a kid. Especially Dragon Ball Z. Things just kind of went from there.

Do not think about how different everything would have been had you not wasted your life on anime.

Do not do it.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2015, 11:08:40 AM »

Suicide watch begins now

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2015, 11:23:42 AM »

I watched Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 during its original run on toonami when I was about 7 and was immediately hooked. From there I went to Mobile Fighter G Gundam (somehow missing Wing despite apparently being the series everyone started on) and watched random stuff on toonami. I was really into One Piece in 8th grade. I took a little break from anime in high school, I didn't really watch or play much of anything during that time. Got back into it a couple years ago and have been more obsessed than ever.

In hindsight, I guess I watched anime before I was 7. The church I went to when I was little had a bunch of Christian shows on VHS and they had a couple episodes of Superbook. And yes, in case you forgot, Tatsunoko DID have an anime about 2 kids and their wind up robot who had a magical bible that transported them to bible times so they could learn a valuable lesson about life and the bible.

So.... thanks for anime Jesus!

McJongJing

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2015, 02:49:25 AM »

Bit late for me to posting in this thread, but whatever.

I started with Card Captors.
I watched it as a kid, and re-watched it a few years later out of nostalgia.
After that, I went around asking for reccomendations from my friends.
I watched Welcome to the NHK next dubbed and really enjoyed it.
Those shows hold a special place in my heart.

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2015, 08:29:18 AM »

I watched Pokémon and yugiho when I was little. Then nothing until I was in my first year in university. Until then, I tough all anime were shonen-like (I don't like shonen). A little bit before my winter exams I watched chuunibyou, then went on/a/ and it all went downhill from there.

I don't regret watching anime, I made friends thanks to this medium. In high school I spent all my time on videogame and, in retrospect, if I didn't put that time in videogame I would just have stayed home reading books. I also made friends thanks to videogame, so I regret nothing.  :sparkle:

RQ

• ayy lmao
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2015, 01:00:28 PM »

Watched a bunch of shounen shows when I was a little kid
Got into 4chan and internet culture when I became a recluse in HS
Watched a bunch of anime based on recommendations from friends/people on /a/
It all went uphill from there  :yay:
Pages: 1 [2]