Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Pen, pencil and paper  (Read 37002 times)

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
Re: Pen, pencil and paper
« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2015, 05:48:35 PM »

Me too

:nod:

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2015, 04:48:53 AM »

Didn't I say part 2 was coming soon?

It's happening now, tired or not. I'll fix things later.

The Daimyo:Part 2

The Ice Clan.

Leader: Kazuya Kinzoku

Region:Chubu

Forced into the harsh Japanese alps, the so called "Ice Clan" ekes out a harsh existence. Little in the way of settlement or agriculture is possible there, and large fragments of the area have been rendered polluted and uninhabitable by toxic waste and worse. In response, the Ice Clan has developed into an obsessively miltaristic, war focused society. In the absence of being able to make, simply put, they opt to take. Every able bodied male is trained from a young age to fight and use their harsh environment to their advantage, making them frightening to face in combat. In their hidden camps and villages, women, children and the infirm are trained in medicine, arms maintenance, survival skills, and general support for the fighting men on the front lines. It is said that their leader hopes to one day lead his people in a "bloody pilgrimage" against the other clans, in order to claim more hospitable lands for themselves. The other daimyo are, needless to say, disturbed by this information, but most are already stretched too thin as it is to send men on a suicide mission against them. Ronin passing through Ice Clan land shouldn't expect to get by unaccosted, as it's common practice for Ice Dragons to demand a "toll" that isn't always in the form of money. Regardless, despite their outwardly barbaric appearance, they are not without honor, and ronin that have earned their sincere gratitude have been known to be gifted with rare weapons, assassins at their disposal, and more infamous tools of destruction.

The Tokyo Technocracy

Leader: Akio Ibuka

Region: Kanto, Tohoku

The Tokyo Technocracy has transformed the former heart of Japan into a chaotic, oppressive, clustered, bureaucratic, terrible machine. Still single mindedly focused on the relentless sprint toward the future that brought about the fall, it has since degenerated into an inefficient, wasteful, yet still very dangerous and terrifying nightmare. Legions without number of programmers, engineers, scientists, and brilliant (and not so brilliant) minds are haplessly entangled in this abominable colossus. Unimaginably massive corportate headquarters and factories are flanked by dreary, neon lit alleys where hope goes to die. One of Tokyo's most notable fixtures is the borderline eldritch labyrinth of roads, overpasses, side streets, detours, underpasses, and superhighways that is the Tokyo commuter route. The drive to work, depending on the time of day and route, can take anywhere between hours and months. Cars backed up for hundreds of miles have seen the rise and fall of entire microcivilizations amongst the throngs merely drifting along in the system. The Technoconglomerate, however, still remains the largest producer and innovator in technology. From the cybernetic implants, ranging from the simple in-throat air filter common amongst the populace, to arms that can punch through concrete, eye implants that can see as far as a sniper scope, artificial organs, adaptive body armor, and more. As well as innovations in weapons, hacking, transport, and surveilance. One of the heaviest users of these technologies is the "chairman" of the Technocracy himself. Although he's known for his cunning, it is said that the extensive modifications to his body are taking a toll on his mind, partially explaining the current state of affairs. Overall, the conglomerate takes a "strictly business" relationship with the ronin, but has rare, experimental technology to share with those who earn their favor.

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2015, 04:57:59 AM »

I know I said I'd get it all tonight, but it's almost 3AM and I've probably degenerated into an autistic mess. I've done all the daimyo (at least, that I can think of). Minor factions are tommorow (I promise) and then I'm basically tapped for ideas.

Also, this should probably have its own thread.

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.
« Reply #138 on: September 04, 2015, 07:31:31 PM »

Soooo

If you people are still up I'm really down to masterise an RPG game in a somewhat grim future with some kind of mecha.

If scummy wants to be the DM instead (since he has written all this cool thing), it's OK too. :wave:

McJongJing

« Reply #139 on: September 04, 2015, 07:51:56 PM »

Yeh
Mite b cool

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2015, 07:56:20 PM »

Well, aside from writefagging all this cool stuff, I more wanted to play than DM. Maybe next time. Although, I'd love it if you used the setting.

Also, I'll try to actually do the minor factions writeup I promised a month ago.

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2015, 08:01:33 PM »

I'm down to roll some dice whenever

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2015, 08:14:12 PM »

I'm down to roll some dice whenever

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2015, 05:55:58 PM »

My friend is putting together a fairly good sized pathfinder group currently. My original plan was to go Tiefling Inquisitor but with the size of the group I've decided gunslinger will fill the gaps better. I'm having trouble picking a race though, I was thinking maybe goblin or hobgoblin but that may not be a great idea. I'm thinking maybe Dhampir or Fetchling or maybe just boring ol' human. Help me decide on something please! Give your input.

McJongJing

« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2015, 05:57:44 PM »

German humans.

DirtyRed

« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2015, 06:23:10 PM »

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.
« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2015, 06:32:13 PM »

tfw no one hyped anymore for api mahou shoujo campaign :sad:

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2015, 06:36:39 PM »

I still am. Dunno what the fuck everyone else is doing.

a worthless person

• not worth worrying about
« Reply #148 on: June 13, 2016, 08:16:06 AM »

I like shadowrun

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2017, 09:35:40 PM »

>Be me
>Be part of a playtest of a tabletop RPG for around a year now
>Last session concludes with us ready to fight with a badguy from my character's backstory
>Check my schedule for work
>They have me scheduled for the exact time of our RPG tabbletorpin'
>Despite explicit instructions to not do that
>Getting someone to cover for me isn't working out
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11