Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45

Author Topic: ♪Introduction Thread♫  (Read 110511 times)

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
Re: ♪Introduction Thread♫
« Reply #630 on: March 12, 2020, 04:09:18 PM »

Imagine being a half-human half-AI in the year 2200 reading thousands of ancient shitposts per second on ancient forums for history class

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.
« Reply #631 on: March 12, 2020, 07:36:39 PM »

At some point, API and API’s most notable and only offshoot, Chuu (chuu.pw), had been spammed on 4chan’s /a/ and /jp/ by the one and only terme, Chuu’s site owner, as well as some other friends. Don’t worry about Chuu, though: the forum was taken down less than a few months in, and if you try to access the site, you will be redirected to Gaia Online, which is virtually identical to API in most respects. Chuu lives on as an IRC channel. Chuu is still significant, as it garnered a number of users not on API, and so, once Chuu was taken down, some the users migrated to API.
It’s easy to discern how much of the forum’s air is pulled from the community on /a/. With that in mind, what you’re seeing is a community that, in a prolonged paroxysm of unfulfilled yellow fever, decided that they would group together and talk about how they just want to be pretty girls and be held tight by a strong, reliable man and simply indulge in that until their weird craving solidifies and becomes a hopeless obsession. The only discernable female posters, assuming they aren’t joke personas made by some of the users, are, ironically, more toxic and aggressive than the male posters.
Amusingly, the users seem to have manifested a new gender out of their own dysphoria, keeping one foot in their masculinity and the other in whatever is going on in there. In that way, this site represents the visible consequences of the information age as they ground their identity, it seems, more in a profile than their own bodies, which can be regarded as extraneous.
The users are predictably cynical about the quality of their own posts, and yet they continue to revel in their kusoposting. The forum is primarily a chatroom, and it boasts the vapid, forgettable (and moderately disturbing) culture that they cling onto in vain for some reason.

Actually, forget all of that. I post on there when I'm in the mood for a man pretending to be sharp cutie-pie who might conceivably imagine me for one as well. What the hell is wrong with me?

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #632 on: March 13, 2020, 03:31:20 PM »

it garnered a number of users not on API, and so, once Chuu was taken down, some the users migrated to API.

It's me! It honestly feels like ages ago, I actually forgot the site's name.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #633 on: March 15, 2020, 11:59:58 AM »

Oh yeah, chuu was a thing wasn't it  :heh:

DirtyRed

« Reply #634 on: March 15, 2020, 02:25:29 PM »

it garnered a number of users not on API, and so, once Chuu was taken down, some the users migrated to API.

It's me! It honestly feels like ages ago, I actually forgot the site's name.
me as well olli  :dance:

DirtyRed

« Reply #635 on: March 15, 2020, 02:26:29 PM »

Oh yeah, chuu was a thing wasn't it  :heh:

DirtyRed

« Reply #636 on: March 15, 2020, 02:26:39 PM »

jk i miss chuu

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #637 on: March 15, 2020, 03:42:40 PM »

At some point, API and API’s most notable and only offshoot, Chuu (chuu.pw), had been spammed on 4chan’s /a/ and /jp/ by the one and only terme, Chuu’s site owner, as well as some other friends. Don’t worry about Chuu, though: the forum was taken down less than a few months in, and if you try to access the site, you will be redirected to Gaia Online, which is virtually identical to API in most respects. Chuu lives on as an IRC channel. Chuu is still significant, as it garnered a number of users not on API, and so, once Chuu was taken down, some the users migrated to API.
It’s easy to discern how much of the forum’s air is pulled from the community on /a/. With that in mind, what you’re seeing is a community that, in a prolonged paroxysm of unfulfilled yellow fever, decided that they would group together and talk about how they just want to be pretty girls and be held tight by a strong, reliable man and simply indulge in that until their weird craving solidifies and becomes a hopeless obsession. The only discernable female posters, assuming they aren’t joke personas made by some of the users, are, ironically, more toxic and aggressive than the male posters.
Amusingly, the users seem to have manifested a new gender out of their own dysphoria, keeping one foot in their masculinity and the other in whatever is going on in there. In that way, this site represents the visible consequences of the information age as they ground their identity, it seems, more in a profile than their own bodies, which can be regarded as extraneous.
The users are predictably cynical about the quality of their own posts, and yet they continue to revel in their kusoposting. The forum is primarily a chatroom, and it boasts the vapid, forgettable (and moderately disturbing) culture that they cling onto in vain for some reason.

Actually, forget all of that. I post on there when I'm in the mood for a man pretending to be sharp cutie-pie who might conceivably imagine me for one as well. What the hell is wrong with me?

Who wrote this?

Also the fucking IRC's dead and it's a discord channel like the normies now.  :laugh:

DirtyRed

« Reply #638 on: March 15, 2020, 04:16:53 PM »

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #639 on: March 16, 2020, 04:51:38 PM »

I've seen his list before, it's amazing the amount of work / time / untamed autism that has to have gone into compiling all of that

:wow:

Kami_sama

« Reply #640 on: March 20, 2020, 07:39:10 PM »

I'm really surprised that there was one person for which this seemed like a worthwhile endeavour. I wonder what they were looking for in all those forums and websites. Hopefully they have found it by now.

I never really knew if Creamy and the girl who was hanging out in api's IRC were the same people. I hope she found something or someone to be happy.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #641 on: March 22, 2020, 05:39:40 PM »

the girl who was hanging out in api's IRC

There was a girl hanging out in there?

:wow:

Does the IRC even exist anymore? I don't think I have a IRC client installed on this computer even  :sad:

Kami_sama

« Reply #642 on: March 22, 2020, 07:31:23 PM »

Everyone on the internet is a cute girl Mingu .3

DirtyRed

« Reply #643 on: March 23, 2020, 12:18:03 PM »

Everyone on the internet is a cute girl Mingu .3

including the spam bots :dance:

Ming

• Empress