Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: ~❤~ Keboard and monitor RPG  ~❤~  (Read 20492 times)

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man

I'm a bit familiar with FATE, I read through the Dresden Files RPG book which uses FATE some years ago

(me and my buddy loved RPGs and Dresden, too bad nobody else wanted to play, uuu)

I don't know kamen rider, please explain the concept to me.

A super hero who uses a cool belt to transform into their hero form. Usually uses martial arts to fight and sometimes a melee weapon. Their signature move is the 'rider kick' which is... a kick, of some sort. Which makes things explode and die.

Once upon a time, they all rode motorcycles, which is why they're called 'riders'

Since magical girls also transform, it works pretty well

a worthless person

• not worth worrying about

I'd probably be a girl anyway.

She'd just use some sort of driver-belt to become a rider instead of some sort of magical energy to become a magical girl.

https://a.pomf.cat/nlksyt.webm

landshark

• earthboat

i want 2 b dis

frick u

a worthless person

ScumbagSoldier

Worthless confirmed for token evil teammate. Check.

Question for the DM: In this world, is there a prevalence of censorship, fascism, etc? As in, is media or ideas deemed "Unclean" "Unsafe" etc, banned, with extremely stringent monitoring of such things, and others?

ScumbagSoldier

Also, are we operating under the default skillset?

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.

If we're going just with classic mahou shoujo things like shooting beams and some little sparky effect we'll just handle it with the current skill and only use the default skillset.

If we go into something more deep I'll add one of more magic skill.

As for censoring as I see it it would not be strictly enforced. You can always find or build an antenna and broadcast whatever you want, but it's hard to convince people to listen to your political ramble since all they want to do when they come home is enjoy a reality show and maybe pop some pill of some sort.

Also since the big broadcast network are owned by the people in power, they get to choose what's going on air.

The easiest place to be an activist is the internet, but if you get really serious sometimes  some people may disappear...

a worthless person

Worthless confirmed for token evil teammate. Check.

Question for the DM: In this world, is there a prevalence of censorship, fascism, etc? As in, is media or ideas deemed "Unclean" "Unsafe" etc, banned, with extremely stringent monitoring of such things, and others?

If we're going just with classic mahou shoujo things like shooting beams and some little sparky effect we'll just handle it with the current skill and only use the default skillset.

If we go into something more deep I'll add one of more magic skill.

As for censoring as I see it it would not be strictly enforced. You can always find or build an antenna and broadcast whatever you want, but it's hard to convince people to listen to your political ramble since all they want to do when they come home is enjoy a reality show and maybe pop some pill of some sort.

Also since the big broadcast network are owned by the people in power, they get to choose what's going on air.

The easiest place to be an activist is the internet, but if you get really serious sometimes  some people may disappear...

McJongJing

I like the idea of everyone being picked by a goddess. Though for kamen riders it might make more sense for them to make their own background if they want that.

Kami_sama

ScumbagSoldier

I've been thinking about how this would work, and one idea I came up with, is that casting magic should work as you said, but if we're going for a magical girl/henshin theme, those are traditionally pretty theatric and devestating, so one way of doing it is invoking a "small" thing carries no consequences, but doing something "big" is not only a more difficult roll, but causes mental (and possibly physical) stress damage so that they become appropriate as the "finishing move" in these types of things.

You're in the driver's seat at this point, but what do you think?

As for the "picked by a Goddess" thing, it might be cool, but the abstract goal of "Love and Justice" has the potential to be restrictive while still nebulous. Also might be cool to fight "evil" magical girls.

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man

Maybe just random girls awoke with magic powers one day.

So you have girls from all backgrounds becoming magical, with different agendas. Or none at all

Maybe various companies wants to track down the girls to either make them into their soldiers or experiment on them to mass produce magical powers. (a nice, late plot point could be fighting against a legion of mass produced magical girls, be they infused normal girls, clones, cyborgs, whatever)

Or something

Also no, I don't think I could make special tags for this... on this board.

I always intended to fully support and integrate roleplaying systems into the new site though. I'll try to have some RPG tags by the time this gets going on there (and finish up the user system + visuals).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 05:18:34 PM by Ming »

Kami_sama

That's actually a nice idea Ming. This way one of the main plot point of the campaign would be to find out why they turned into magical girl.

The kamen rider could group with them either because something something, depends on their personalities. But I think we can find a lot of reason one would want to pair with someone with a power so revolutionary that magic.

Same for the robot/cyborg/something of landy and character of people who don't want to be a qt mahou shoujo.

Also no, I don't think I could make special tags for this... on this board.

I always intended to fully support and integrate roleplaying systems into the new site though. I'll try to have some RPG tags by the time this gets going on there (and finish up the user system + visuals).

Nice, ganbatte Ming. :wave:

For the formatting here's what I had in mind. With thinking and talking being of 2 different colors.

I'm talking right now
I'm talking right now
I'm talking right now
I'm talking right now
I'm talking right now

I'm thinking right now
I'm thinking right now
I'm thinking right now
I'm thinking right now

Out of roleplay stuff, like "how does this rule exactly work?"

Code: [Select]
[color=purple][i][b]I'm talking right now[/b][/i][/color]
[color=green][i][b]I'm talking right now[/b][/i][/color]
[color=brown][i][b]I'm talking right now[/b][/i][/color]
[color=teal][i][b]I'm talking right now[/b][/i][/color]
[color=limegreen][i][b]I'm talking right now[/b][/i][/color]

[color=purple][i]I'm thinking right now[/i][/color]
[color=green][i]I'm thinking right now[/i][/color]
[color=brown][i]I'm thinking right now[/i][/color]
[color=teal][i]I'm thinking right now[/i][/color]

[color=blue][size=8pt]Out of roleplay stuff, like "how does this rule exactly work?"[/size][/color]

Ollistar

• oop lol

I wanna be a badguy

or at least a kamen rider.

As I alluded I was also planning on doing a Rider-esque henshin hero and a girl of course!

We could easily be crime fighting partners and since you mentioned being a badguy you could be the partner who doesn't play by the rules or something of that sort. This would actually work well since with character creation we need connections to 2 characters anyway.

so one way of doing it is invoking a "small" thing carries no consequences, but doing something "big" is not only a more difficult roll, but causes mental (and possibly physical) stress damage so that they become appropriate as the "finishing move" in these types of things.

This could work. In my JoJo campaign, for example, my オラオラオラ move is a +4 to my roll since those are almost always used as finishers.

Maybe just random girls awoke with magic powers one day.

So you have girls from all backgrounds becoming magical, with different agendas. Or none at all

Maybe various companies wants to track down the girls to either make them into their soldiers or experiment on them to mass produce magical powers. (a nice, late plot point could be fighting against a legion of mass produced magical girls, be they infused normal girls, clones, cyborgs, whatever)

Or something

You could easily mix the two and just have the actual Magic Girls chosen by a goddess as their backstory and as a major plot point and then just have us all meet up and join forces in some way.

I would even be willing to sit out at first so we can introduce me in game to make this work.

ScumbagSoldier

What about actions?

Also, english has a wonderful built in designator for talking called "quotation marks."

Look! There go some now!

Also, there should probably be some force which convinces or otherwise press gangs us into working together, as well as providing more concrete objectives along the way.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9