Welcome new members~!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41

Author Topic: MECHA  (Read 92655 times)

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
Re: MECHA
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2015, 09:58:36 AM »

Started building the Build Burning Gundam, just got the head left but I'm waiting on better weather outside so I can get decent lighting before I try placing the face stickers. I regret not getting into this hobby earlier, it's so satisfying.  :wave:

As for the gunpla, what an absolutely amazing kit. At a glance, it's the plainest of kits. No weapons, that includes beam sabers, and no shield, no cool backpack, not even some transformation gimmick.  :angry:

BUT. It has the juiciest of articulation. The torso actually splits open on the sides to let the shoulders come forward, and the wrists have a hinge joint in addition to the ball joint, allowing the hand to move realistically forward and back unrestricted.  :kyaa:

The center of the torso also has some pretty good ab crunch and turns around very smoothly in the middle, where it doesn't collide with the hip skirts. The front skirts are small as well, so they don't get in the way of the legs either.

You also get 4 pairs of hands, which are holding things hands (which is funny since he doesn't come with anything to hold, but it does let you give him stuff from other kits so nice forethought there), closed fist hands, karate chop hands, and "generic cool dynamic open fist martial art pose hands".

Oh, and half the box is clear flame effect parts. It's not called the Burning Gundam for nothing.

And barely any stickers at all. Lots of the panels on the limbs also came molded separately as well, so even pre-panel lining everything pops. Got some real nice clear blue parts too to make it all look less plain in the absence of cool accessories.

This kit, for what it is (a cheap, high grade martial artist Gundam), is perfect.  :yay:

Edit: Finished the head. This kit is so much fun to mess around with.  :kyaa:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 12:38:53 PM by Ming »

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2015, 06:11:09 PM »

These models seem cool, but a lot of the designs seem kind of silly and overblown except for zakus.

What are some cool Gundams with preferrably inexpensive models?

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2015, 06:25:56 PM »

Say that to my face motherfucker and not online and see what happens

As for cool, why don't say what it is that you think makes a robot cool and maybe we can go from there? All the kits are very cheap.

McJongJing

« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2015, 06:50:04 PM »

It's not gundam, but the Ingram I already posted is a reasonably realistic mecha.
But that one cost me 65 dollaroos.
I find most of the UC mainline gundams look fine.
If those don't seem 'real' then try one of the GMs.

The original gundam is always a good place to start.
I like the strike gundam, even though it's SEED shit.

And if you don't like any of those, get a zaku.

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2015, 07:21:07 PM »

I don't know...I just kind of think that the gundams that have spikes going everywhere are overdesigned. Just post ones that don't fit that, and we'll go from there.

Also, some spikes are fine, just not too many.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2015, 07:21:39 PM »

The Strike is dead sexy. If people didn't keep saying how shit SEED is I would have watched the show some time ago just to see the Strike in action.

Luckily, Build Fighters stars a Strike custom build so I already sort of got what I wanted.

Speaking of Gundam shows, I'm just a few episodes from the end of AGE. Started really kiddie tier and I was going to drop it. Then it turned out to be kind of cool. It follows a lineage of Gundam pilots over the course of some 70 years I believe.

It's got some neat character development too. For example, the Gundam pilot who was a naive high school kid when he was introduced, ends up a badass space pirate who abandoned his wife and newborn child to do said space piracy for 13 years.

Show also has endless suffering and character death, as is traditional. I feel very sorry for the first protag who's had to put up with this shit decade after decade.

Edit: This is the Aile Strike

« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 07:23:37 PM by Ming »

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2015, 04:04:35 PM »

Watched the first 2 episodes of Mobile Suit Gundam.

I'm not hating it but... yeah, this animation is pretty awful and Amuro doesn't grab me at all.

I like the captain though, pretty baller having the crew move him and his hospital bed into the brig. Also Char seems interesting, they did well to add some intrigue to his character with the whole sister thing.

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2015, 05:09:26 PM »

Amuro is a bitch, you shouldn't really like him til Zeta. Bright is the real star of white base. Wait til the bright slap, it's so satisfying. And yeah Char is basically the best part about Gundam.

McJongJing

« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2015, 05:27:16 PM »

I finished the first movie a few nights ago.
I actually didn't mind Amuro too much.
Of course he's going to be whiny, he's a kid who's been forced into war.
A 15 year old boy should not have the responsibility of protecting so many people.

Also I felt sort of bad when Garma died. I liked him.

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2015, 06:29:22 PM »

Also I felt sort of bad when Garma died. I liked him.

The Zabi family are a corrupt disease that has tainted the glorious name of Zeon. All must be eradicated. No exceptions.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2015, 02:59:17 PM »

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2015, 03:52:22 PM »

Built the Transient Gundam from Build Fighters today. It's gorgeous, AND it came with a stand  :kyaa:

Obligatory shitty phone pictures:

Articulation is really good overall. For accessories it comes with 2 unique hands for holding the two large spears it uses as its weapons (also included but I've yet to build them) and 1 extra dynamic open hand and 2 extra fist hands.

Head has FIVE stickers. To be fair, 2 of those are the normal eye sticker which is split in 2 on this kit. The rest are silver metallic stickers which go under clear parts to... make the normal white plastic underneath look less boring? Maybe?

Rest of the kit used 5 stickers too which all went under clear parts as well.

Random thought: The kit is like 95% white plastic. I bet it will look really cool once panel lined, or really shitty if I mess it up  :damn:

Medi

• ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
« Reply #117 on: May 01, 2015, 04:10:12 PM »

Random thought: The kit is like 95% white plastic. I bet it will look really cool once panel lined, or really shitty if I mess it up  :damn:

try using a really fine mechanical pencil. It's easy to wipe away if you mess up and the grey tends to look better on white parts.
I used a pencil to line my crossbone because I didn't have anything better and I think it turned out alright.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2015, 06:59:33 PM »

Don't have any mechanical pencils sadly. I do have gundam markers, which kinda works but you have to use rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs to clean up all the excess because these lines ain't be fine enough.

Anyway, I took some more PICTUARSSS (presented in terribad vision (patent pending))

I built one of the spears! The other is exactly the same.

The big end opens up into a trident configuration. This kit has a lot of pointy bits.

Out of frickin' nowhere it's the BUILD. BURNING. GUNDAM.

Getting all meditative up on this desk

RIIIIIDAAAAHH...

KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

The punch effect parts are quite underwhelming but they are there. Also came with orange clear fists parts which go under the punching effects.

Burning getting his American on with some weapon borrowing sickness (thank you, Fenice)

Three's a crowd

The Fenice Rinascita can combine all his guns into one giant ridiculous rifle with a beam bayonet attachment to boot.  :laugh:

I actually panel lined Fenice but you only really see it on some of the white parts in these pictures.

McJongJing

« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2015, 07:26:48 PM »

Dood, Fenice looks awesome
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41