Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Post mean things  (Read 7986 times)

RQ

• ayy lmao
Re: Post mean things
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2015, 06:51:48 PM »

Did they stop you from walking on the street or something?

I still don't see how you'd end up in a situation where you're forced to talk to someone you don't want to.

lmoa

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2015, 06:54:39 PM »

I wouldn't blame normies for seeking compassion, even with complete strangers. It is quite silly to hate on the normies for doing their thing when the best route to take is one of tolerance (ie. taking it easy!). The only thing you can change is your own attitude towards unfavourable social situations.

bubblecat

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2015, 06:55:06 PM »

People literally do that shit everywhere you go. The street, the bus, stores, public friggin bathrooms, ect. they have no shame.

RQ

• ayy lmao
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2015, 06:57:32 PM »

Are you serious?
Do you listen to homeless people you pass on the street too?

bubblecat

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2015, 07:03:42 PM »

Again, has nothing to do with me, I don't interact with anyone IRL. The point is you shouldn't have to actively avoid situations that shouldn't be happening in the first place just because normies have a need for "compassion" with little regard for the people they bother.

Save that shit for when it has its place in an environment of like-minded people.

RQ

• ayy lmao
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2015, 07:05:00 PM »

Obviously you don't because you'd know shit like that doesn't happen.

bubblecat

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2015, 07:15:42 PM »

It happens every second of the day unless you live in some country full of reserved people that actually respect the others around them.

America is not that.

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2015, 07:24:01 PM »

Bubblecat, I may not live in the U.S, but I do live in Canada, which is pretty similar, and I've been to several places in the U.S several times.

The only people who engaged in unsolicited conversation were homeless people who wanted money.

What in the Fuck are you talking about?

lmoa

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2015, 07:24:59 PM »

From what I understand, more populated places tend to be more impersonal in interactions. You'd find a lot less people willing to talk to you on the bus in NYC than smaller towns in Canadia (where I am).

It's not uncommon, for example, a senior citizen to attempt light conversation on some public transport where I live. I'd imagine such cases be much scarce in larger cities, but I wouldn't know since I'm not outside too often.

If you really didn't wish to be approached in public why not just wear some earbuds? Just ignore people if it bothers you so much.

bubblecat

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2015, 07:29:03 PM »

Bubblecat, I may not live in the U.S, but I do live in Canada, which is pretty similar, and I've been to several places in the U.S several times.

The only people who engaged in unsolicited conversation were homeless people who wanted money.

You've never once been in line at a store or something to have the person behind you try to engage you over some dumb shit like the weather? Are you kidding me?

If you really didn't wish to be approached in public why not just wear some earbuds? Just ignore people if it bothers you so much.

I'm aware, but the fact is you shouldn't have to do things like that just to avoid a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2015, 07:34:16 PM »

If you really didn't wish to be approached in public why not just wear some earbuds?

I know part of the reason the whole surgical mask thing became big in Japan (for fashion reasons, not practical ones) was because some teenagers would wear them so people would think they're sick and not bother them, then, because of that and a few other reasons, they just caught on.

Also when I made my comment on small talk I was referring more to in a business sense. I have a stupid desk job and am constantly in situations where people I hate try and bother me with meaningless bullshit. It's not a family reunion, we just work together, so please stop.

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2015, 07:59:19 PM »

You've never once been in line at a store or something to have the person behind you try to engage you over some dumb shit like the weather? Are you kidding me?

I've gotten a few "nice"s and similar things for band shirts (and once got a free bag of candy popcorn from the clerk at a shop for my Black Sabbath shirt :cake2:) but other than that, no, not really.

McJongJing

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2015, 08:06:21 PM »

Sometimes you hear some interesting things through small talk
Once, an elderly asian man started talking to me on the train. He talked about his experience in the Vietnam war, and what it was like immigrating to Australia.
He taught me the history of the local gangs, and how his brother took down a drug ring.
It was entertaining and I feel like I learnt a lot even though it was probably just bullshit made up to get attention

bubblecat

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2015, 08:24:34 PM »

At the end of the day it seems like all people really want to do is talk about themselves, even if they are unaware of it being their intention, so they poke at you with smalltalk until you open up and they get the chance to do so. To me that's really gross & annoying and I don't put up with it. On the rare occasion I go out I almost always have someone try to start with me, even if it's at a movie theater at midnight. I always ignore and walk away. (often to be called a "dick", fuck you I didn't ask for you to come talk to me in the first place) :poh:

Honestly homeless people, at least around here in Detroit, are actually better about it because they don't tiptoe around the subject and are direct about what they want from you. Money for drugs and alcohol, that's it. And if you ignore them they at least aren't pissy about it.

McJongJing

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2015, 08:46:04 PM »

Wait, you live in DETROIT?
My condolences. Keep doing what you're doing I guess.
I don't think chit chat is disgusting, but it's your life, so just do whatever you want.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4