Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: ~❤~ Keboard and monitor RPG  ~❤~  (Read 20494 times)

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.

Good morning princessii :wave:

I'd like to play a pen and paper RPG on this forum, hence the bad joke in the title. Before going in raw, I think it's a good thing to lay all thing on the table so we know exactly who is interested and interested in what.

People have expressed their will to go with a near-future settings who is grim, with big megacorp and the like.

Some people also talked about a magical girl setting. In order to have something a little bit more precise than just regular SoL with fighting with monster from time to time I'd rather propose something like spy magical girl.

I'd gladly make a scenario/campaign for either of those settings. I'm also open to other ideas but please submit them quickly so we can see who wants what and get going quickly.

As for the rule system we'll use, I'd like to go with a D20 one, because I know this system very well so it'll be easier for me to DM using one of those. More precisely, I'm thinking of using Spycraft. It's a D20 roleplaying game intended to play games in the present of near-future centered about spy stuff, but it can be easily adapted to do other stuff. In fact, the only work I'll really have to do is create a new vehicule called "mecha" or something like that, which would take me 15 minutes max. In contrary to other D20 game, like DnD, the characters are more prone to dead and are less godlike after a certain level, thing that I like. I'll provide you with the pdf.

The downside is that the character creation and the beginning of each scenario can be a little bit long, because the game ask you to make a lot of choice during those time and it can be a little bit overwhelming. Not as overwhelming as Shadowrun though. So if you really want to go as simple as possible we can go for a d100 or d6 generic thing or fate system, I'll need to read their rules first though.

As for more formal stuff :
In order to have the game advance at a reasonable pace, it would be nice if you could make one post a day. On this forum it shouldn't be a problem but keep in mind that those post may be harder to write than our regular funposting. Of course you won't have to post exactly one time a day but during action intense moments it will be required.

In order to keep thing from going too much overboard, I'd like you to keep romance roleplay, if you wish to make any, in the background and to the « light » level, i.e. mainly hand-holding and soft kissing. Let's not go in the prolapse yuri rape mindbreak realm, we'll all regret it. :wink:

ScumbagSoldier

I'm down for fighting megacorps. Light magical elements might be cool.

a worthless person

• not worth worrying about

Spycraft isn't my favorite, but it's probably the most workable d20-based offshoots.

Ollistar

• oop lol

I'm down. I'm down with any system though I'll suggest the fate system. It's what my friends and I are using for our JoJo rpg and it's super adaptable to anything without being too complicated.

McJongJing

Magical girls are summoned to a gritty cyberpunk world to spread cheer and fight mega corps

ScumbagSoldier

Magical girls are summoned to a gritty cyberpunk world to spread cheer profit and fight mega corps

Now we're talking.

ScumbagSoldier

Also, we're getting seriously close to a cyberpunk Changeling The Dreaming.

McJongJing

Magical girls are summoned to a gritty cyberpunk world to spread cheer profit and fight mega corps

Now we're talking.
Magical robin hoods spreading profit

ScumbagSoldier

I suppose you could roleplay as that, but my Magical Girl's gonna be full merc.

McJongJing

I'm going to make money and wear a cute top hat

Ollistar

• oop lol

I'm going to make money and wear a cute top hat

WHERE'S MY FIG?!

McJongJing

NO WHERE BECAUSE ANIME STUDIOS ARE STILL BIDDING ON THE RIGHTS
You know what's going to be even better? She'll wear a tiny business suit!
A business suit that flows down into a skirt!

And her upgraded clothing is an aristocratic dress, WITH A TIARA

Ollistar

• oop lol

NO WHERE BECAUSE ANIME STUDIOS ARE STILL BIDDING ON THE RIGHTS
You know what's going to be even better? She'll wear a tiny business suit!
A business suit that flows down into a skirt!

And her upgraded clothing is an aristocratic dress, WITH A TIARA

If I don't have this I'll legitimately cry.

McJongJing

NO, EVEN BETTER
THEY'RE TWINS
ONE'S IN THE BUSINESS SUIT AND SPEAKS IN AN AUSSIE ACCENT
AND THE OTHER DRESSES LIKE A PRINCESS AND HAS A BRITISH ACCENT

Ollistar

• oop lol

NO, EVEN BETTER
THEY'RE TWINS
ONE'S IN THE BUSINESS SUIT AND SPEAKS IN AN AUSSIE ACCENT
AND THE OTHER DRESSES LIKE A PRINCESS AND HAS A BRITISH ACCENT

I like it. I'd give you a trial season.