• not worth worrying about
Re: blog
« Reply #6105 on: November 21, 2016, 09:45:30 PM »

ky found a new place apparently, good for him

haha ky I stole the news  :laugh:

Ky

« Reply #6106 on: November 21, 2016, 10:12:50 PM »

Ayy only $400 a week! 2.4k for bond and fees. 

No one in this house told me a viewing for the house we are living in now was happening today so I'm chilling in the shower when someone starts knocking on the door so I'm like whatever keep showering away.  Few minutes later I jump out of the shower and the knocking is still going and I'm like ffs so I go with my towel on to see who's knocking and I see all these cars in our driveway as they were waiting for a viewing. 

I was not prepared for this as all these people start walking into the house and my rooms a tip as half of my staff is getting bagged/boxed with things all over the floor. Lucky me I already boxed away my lewd things before prying eyes in my house would see when we start moving.  :poh: 

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #6107 on: November 22, 2016, 03:28:47 PM »

Congrats on findign a new place at last ky  :wink:

now for my blogging

I started attending this course for people with very poor eyesight to straight up blindness last week. It's in another city so I have to go there by train (takes me 2 and a half hours to get there, it blows)

Tomorrow we're starting to learn braille

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #6108 on: November 22, 2016, 03:31:27 PM »

One of the more creative uses for MS Paint I've seen

:phone:

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.
« Reply #6109 on: November 22, 2016, 04:05:27 PM »

wew

I didn't know you were so blind Mingu. Is your eyesight getting worse? :sad:

landshark

• earthboat
« Reply #6110 on: November 22, 2016, 04:32:19 PM »

now for my blogging

I started attending this course for people with very poor eyesight to straight up blindness last week. It's in another city so I have to go there by train (takes me 2 and a half hours to get there, it blows)

wow
frick u

McJongJing

« Reply #6111 on: November 22, 2016, 05:44:41 PM »

Good job Ky!
leave behind a dildo as a present
 :dance:

@Ming are you gonna go super blind for reals? As in, you won't even be able to watch anime anymore?

Ky

« Reply #6112 on: November 22, 2016, 06:08:59 PM »

I don't think I would mentally be able to go on if my sight was slowly getting worse. How you manage to stay strong keeps the fires burning in me! 

DirtyRed

« Reply #6113 on: November 22, 2016, 07:24:55 PM »

now for my blogging

:cry: :sad:

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #6114 on: November 23, 2016, 02:29:38 PM »

@Ming are you gonna go super blind for reals? As in, you won't even be able to watch anime anymore?

I'm not sure honestly, I was told I was going to be, but that was 6.5 years ago. And I haven't gotten any significantly worse since then as far as what I can see is concerned at least. So hopefully if I do become "super blind for reals" (wwwwww) it'll be several decades from now.

That's not saying I don't have serious issues with my eyesight as it is though. I'm not in a course that includes learning braille for nothing.

McJongJing

« Reply #6115 on: November 23, 2016, 05:22:23 PM »

Where do they even use brail. Are there brail books?
How do you find the brail if you're blind?

landshark

• earthboat
« Reply #6116 on: November 23, 2016, 05:47:48 PM »

Where do they even use brail. Are there brail books?
How do you find the brail if you're blind?
braille*
frick u

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #6117 on: November 23, 2016, 06:01:31 PM »

afaik there's actually very little braille out in the world

I've seen a few elevator panels have it, and some floor signs in buildings but that's it. No idea how as a blind person you'd even know there's a damn sign on the wall though, not to mention since it's not exactly standard to have braille lettering on them so it's not like you'd even consider to feel around for it.

And apparently there's very few books available in it too I learned, which I thought was the primary function of it. The demand is so low apparently that it's just not financially viable to print braille versions of books. So it's mostly just textbooks so blind children/teens can study.

However! There are actually braille printers for home use. So you can actually download an e-book / digital copy of a book, and print it out. They cost around 3000 dollars though, lmao.

Also got shown a braille "display". It's got a fuckton of pins in holes which when hooked up to a computer (or smartphone) will create a braille text from what's on the computer screen. I think the biggest could show up to 40 characters at once.

5000 dollars for that beauty of technology capable of rendering a fraction of a tweet.

It's not enough you're blind, they're jewing you out of all of your money too so you can have tiniest, faintest of tastes of what's it like to be like everyone else.

landshark

• earthboat
« Reply #6118 on: November 23, 2016, 06:12:28 PM »

afaik there's actually very little braille out in the world

I've seen a few elevator panels have it, and some floor signs in buildings but that's it. No idea how as a blind person you'd even know there's a damn sign on the wall though, not to mention since it's not exactly standard to have braille lettering on them so it's not like you'd even consider to feel around for it.

And apparently there's very few books available in it too I learned, which I thought was the primary function of it. The demand is so low apparently that it's just not financially viable to print braille versions of books. So it's mostly just textbooks so blind children/teens can study.

However! There are actually braille printers for home use. So you can actually download an e-book / digital copy of a book, and print it out. They cost around 3000 dollars though, lmao.

Also got shown a braille "display". It's got a fuckton of pins in holes which when hooked up to a computer (or smartphone) will create a braille text from what's on the computer screen. I think the biggest could show up to 40 characters at once.

5000 dollars for that beauty of technology capable of rendering a fraction of a tweet.

It's not enough you're blind, they're jewing you out of all of your money too so you can have tiniest, faintest of tastes of what's it like to be like everyone else.

w-well youre not blind yet

plus you can still hear fine right

text-to-speech and audiobooks is better than having to read everything through braille
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 06:19:02 PM by landshark »
frick u

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #6119 on: November 23, 2016, 06:15:24 PM »

Dunno about Sweden, but braille signs are reasonably prevalent here.

There's also the narrator function on computers.

And audiobooks...
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 487