Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: ~❤~ Keboard and monitor RPG  ~❤~  (Read 20491 times)

McJongJing

Coming this summer: Doki Doki yen fever!
Two unusual girls are paired up after a communist robber burgles the central bank, stealing their printing press!
One's a prissy aristocrat from old money, and the other is an up and coming business loli who's not afraid to get hands on!
Together they discover unique powers over finance!
They've got to find them and take back the money printing press before the dirty commie hyper inflates the economy!
You'd have to have some really POOR taste not to see this!

Ollistar

• oop lol

次回のドキドキ円フィーバー
「Business Lori - please do not be afraid to get the come-up and the top of the hand!」
見逃せない!

McJongJing

Translate it weebs

McJongJing

Okay, let's get back to the setting and brain storm minna!

The year is 20XX. The city of NEO.API is covered in fog. There is violence in the streets. The citisen is ruled by a collection of multibillion dollar corporations. The top corporation is ruled by a group of elite ruling CEOs, whom purposely make life shitty. No one knows why. Perhaps it's because people will not revolt if they are kept down. Hoping for change, a genius mad scientist mixes cloning with sugar, no spice, and everything nice. Creating a beautiful and wonderful contrast to the gray city. Magical girls!

Ollistar

• oop lol

I can dig it.

I'm also debating making mine more like a henshin hero. Any objections?

McJongJing

Nope. Even better if it's a cyborg like the original kamen rider given the setting

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man

Cyborg huh...

I want to be a cyborg loli with rocket fists and super strength!

Who can temporarily power-up by going into a beautiful adult form for better reach, speed, strength and pretty much everything!

Or if I have to go more magical girl I'd like one who uses winter based powers

Maybe even a straight up Yuki-Onna (or Yukiwarashi rather, being a little girl and all)

Oooor maybe like

A teddy bear mancer / plushmancer

ScumbagSoldier

>My Serious, thoroughly thought out setting is being taken over by Captain Planet bullshit and Magical Girls

:sad2:

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man

I think something less serious like mahou shoujo is pretty good as a starting campaign

a worthless person

• not worth worrying about

Hm.

Not sure what I want to do.

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.

Ok minna listen up.

After reading what you wrote and little bit of thinking, I decided that we're going with the FATE system, which you can download legally for free here, because it's much more lightweight and will allow us to sperg out more. I'm currently about halfway in the book but it's enough for us to start playing, since I already know all there is to know about character creation. I will guide you but feel free to read the book, especially the first chapters, if you want to have a deeper understanding of the system.ยจ

The beginning of FATE game/campaign look like that :
  • We brainstorm and decide what the universe in which we're going to play look like
  • We shape our town/starting point more precisly
  • We create some organisation/notable characters that we'll probably meet sooner or later
  • We create your character.

When creating your character, you'll have to decide his concept had also talk a little bit about his first adventure. Then each of you will take the character of another princessii and you'll come up with a story of a second adventure in which you 2 character met. Then we'll do this all over again so every one of you will know at least 2 others characters.

Each of those story will allow you to choose an "Aspect" for your character, which will allow you to make him more unique and who is a key gameplay element.

But we're not here yet, first we will shape the world, as some of you have already begun (congratulation :yay: ). It is however a good idea if you have a rough idea of what you wish to play before hand so we don't end with incompatibilities with your idea and the setting.

This kind of approach is new for me but it looks like fun. I'm thinking of laying the foundation of the universe and letting you build on it. Acting kind of like an overseer. I will mainly intervene to be sure everyone gets to say his idea and also to be sure the universe "click" with me, since I will have trouble coming up with a good scenario otherwise.

But before we begin with this, I'd like to ask everyone who wants to play to clearly say so now, so I can make sure you have your part of world building and the like. For the time being we have :
  • Ming
  • MJJ
  • worthless
  • Ollistar
  • Scummy

Also, during the worldbuilding phase, try not to get too far ahead too quickly, so everyone has the time to discuss the new idea. Because it can get discouraging if you go to sleep and, when you want up, all the work as been done and you didn't get to take a part of it because of timezone.

Ideally we would do this on steamchat or something but I think it will be too difficult to get everyone at the same time.

Despite what I said, I'll allow myself to put my grain of salt in what has already been said about the world. Also as a rule, I'd like the world to say a little bit serious, magical girl are OK but think of the theme more like Madoka Magika grey than like Precure or cute thing like that. Coming up with cute SoL scenario will be hard for me. But grim/serious with cuteness and magic is A-okay.

• Grim future, the corporation and the wealthy rules the world.
  • If you're poor, working 12 hours a day in a factory is the norm. Think of the new society as a copy of the one of the 1900. Maybe even a pay to vote system or something.
  • This is more suggestion, but what about all/some of you being magical girl picked by a goddess/superior entity to bring justice or joy back to this world?
  • Alternatively, being at the bottom of the ladder and striving for more?
  • What about being at the top and stomping on the commie who tries to change how the world works?
  • We could mix some of those archetype. It's just some idea I have, feel free to input whatever you like (it's part of the game after all \o/ )

Also Ming is it possible for you to create specific BBC code like, for example, [say] formatting the text in italic, bold and a certain color I've yet to come up with? 

a worthless person

I wanna be a badguy

or at least a kamen rider.

Kami_sama

I don't know kamen rider, please explain the concept to me.

a worthless person

I don't know kamen rider, please explain the concept to me.

A hero who transforms into a masked rider warrior!

Kami_sama

If we're going to have magical girl we can probably manage to put other henshin stuff inside.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9