Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Author Topic: Hey API, whatcha reading?  (Read 1179 times)

ScumbagSoldier

Hey API, whatcha reading?
« on: March 12, 2015, 04:10:30 PM »

We don't have an appropriate board for this, so...

Post books.

I recently read (most of) Ernest Hemmingway's The Sun also Rises for a class. It was boring at times, but the central characters who basically spend their time wasting their lives ever since the world essentially left them behind cut deep. :plz:

For pleasure, I've been (slowly) making my way through Gardens of the moon by Steven Erikson, Before they are Hanged by Joe Abercrombie, and A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin.

bubblecat

Re: Hey API, whatcha reading?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 04:39:15 PM »

Wow, I thought we had one because I remember discussing the new Murakami book, but I guess that was the old board.

The last things I read were a bunch of true crime books. Those are always shit because I always read the 11k police files beforehand and can spot all the times where they bend the truth or outright exclude important information because it conflicts with the opinions they try to spew out as fact. Yet ignorant people who review them always jerk off about how "enlightening" they were :poh:

Speaking of Murakami though, I'm reading this

Not far enough to make any kind of analysis yet, but I will say the two world concept is interesting and keeps things fresh so far.

McJongJing

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 04:55:13 PM »

I haven't read anything you guys are talking about.
I read The Prince a few months ago.
It was entertaining and informative.

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 05:10:42 PM »

We have a thread _somewhere_

I haven't read anything lately

lmoa

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 01:16:00 PM »

Reading is fun! There are many stories which are much better told in prose rather than animation/graphic-novel.

I'm personally finishing up the Temeraire series at the moment, no real plans for further readings though.