Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Author Topic: Forum Games  (Read 4129 times)

card

Forum Games
« on: March 09, 2020, 05:05:00 AM »

Hi all!~~
I was wondering, would anyone would be interested in play various games which could be played right here on the forum?

Aside from standard ones like, tic-tac-toe, dots and boxes etc, there's a few strategic ones that I can think of which could utilize private messages to great effect.

The first one that I have played a few games online recently is called Rumble https://kevan.org/rumble.cgi?genre=hero&mode=rules
It's pretty fun and the words can be changed to fit nearly any theme.
In a short synopsis, people submit 2 Powers that are rules which usually do something positive to whoever ends up with them. People bid on them from 100 Energy and then in each round the players spend their remaining Energy on either their Powers or on attacking or defending. Players lose when their energy is reduced to 0 and energy is reduced mainly by getting hit with attack greater than their defense.

The other one that I can think of which works well online is Werewolf/Mafia.
If you've never heard of that game, essentially the most basic incarnation is that in a game of about 9 people, one moderates. The moderator assigns 2-3 people to be Werefwolf/Mafia members and informs them who the other Mafia members are. Each round starts with the Mafia members can privately choose to kill 1 (?) person, knocking them out of the game. Then all of the players vote on whether or not to hang someone, based on majority vote, if the vote passes, they are also knocked out. The Mob wins when they kill everyone else and the Villagers win if all of the Mobsters are eliminated. I haven't played in a long time so I could brush up on the rules later if people want to play this one.

I can't think of any other ones off the top of my head. If you have any ideas, please do post them!  :sparkle:

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
Re: Forum Games
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 03:46:52 PM »

The only forum games that aren't like, count to 1 million and three word stories that I've played were free form roleplaying threads (30% edgy, 20% horny, 10% autistic, 40% SO RANDOM XD, and a 100% reason to PLEASE LET ME FORGET) back when I was 13-16 on whatever random forums I was browsing

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 03:48:10 PM »

STILL, I'd be up for trying some things. This sort of stuff is pretty nice when most posters are from their own bloody timezone   :tears:

card

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 12:30:49 AM »

Ah yes the timezone problem. I don't think we'll be able to avoid it unless the stragglers stay up late.

As for Roleplay, I'd like to avoid that for this thread. Although if there's a way to do it that is actually fun, it's probably not the worst thread idea.

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 03:37:21 PM »

roleplaying threads (30% edgy, 20% horny, 10% autistic, 40% SO RANDOM XD, and a 100% reason to PLEASE LET ME FORGET)

Christ, at one point I almost joined some 2hu roleplay forum but thankfully at the last minute I spared myself this fate.

McJongJing

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 04:20:03 AM »

I ran a few detective forum games that were pretty fun
Basically you write a short murder mystery scenario, and designate one of the players as the killer within the scenario and the rest as innocents. The innocents have to think about and investigate the scenario then vote on who the killer is.

card

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2020, 09:14:30 PM »

Basically you write a short murder mystery scenario, and designate one of the players as the killer within the scenario and the rest as innocents. The innocents have to think about and investigate the scenario then vote on who the killer is.

Oh that sounds fun. If we were to do that, I'd have to do some thinking before writing it up. I haven't done creative writing in a long while.

Ky

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 05:10:51 AM »

This could work maybe someones already got a base of a scenario down online and we could follow that.

McJongJing

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 12:34:03 AM »

I could reuse a previous scenario if you want to

Ky

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2020, 04:24:15 AM »

Do it Bree. If you don't mind being the host that is.

I'm like super keen bean.  I've always wanted to do a social party game like werewolf or mafia.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2020, 03:57:06 PM »

Maybe roll20 could be something worth trying? If people want to try out roleplaying. And someone sacrifices themselves to be the DM.  :laugh:

Ky

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2020, 07:35:21 AM »

That feelio the last time I've been a player in any game on roll20 was maybe 4 years ago..  Always the DM everytime.   :sad:

I don't think the forum is active enough for this. Which is a splinter under the nail.