Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: 【Kamen Rider / Tokusatsu 】  (Read 22221 times)

a worthless person

• not worth worrying about
Re: 【Kamen Rider / Tokusatsu 】
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2015, 10:19:02 AM »

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2015, 10:32:44 AM »

I watched the Gaim x Drive movie.

It was pretty boss.

McJongJing

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2015, 10:22:15 AM »

YOU GOT THE MEDALS ONE TWO AND THREE.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2015, 10:44:07 AM »

It's count the medals

:ok2:

a worthless person

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2015, 12:43:40 PM »

YOU (Count) THE MEDALS ONE TWO AND THREE.

Best Kamen Rider intro song, hands down.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2015, 01:14:07 PM »

In your opinion maybe  :laugh:

McJongJing

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2015, 04:18:47 PM »

Times like this make me wish we had a :nyoron:

Edit: I didn't think we had that emoticon. Turns out we do.

McJongJing

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2015, 08:15:21 AM »

Where do you guys get your Kamen Rider from?

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2015, 08:48:35 AM »

Various sources. There's only been one group who's done everything modern, but they're TERRIBLE. So here's the alternatives, all very good too:

W (Double), OOO, Fourze, Wizard and Drive are done (expertly) by Over-Time:

http://over-ti.me/

They will likely cover every Rider show to come out so they're worth a bookmark. Also subs Garo and Sentai. They have their torrents over at Nyaa:

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=separate&user=93569

For Gaim, you want Aesir Subs, this is the batch torrent:

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=603166

For Kuuga (the first 'modern' rider) you'll want Midnight Crew Subs, batch here:

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=155263

For all the other modern era subs, you have to, unfortunately, go with TV-Nihon, the terrible group I mentioned at the start.  :owh:

http://tracker.tvnihon.com/

Some series are just so good you'll want to endure the worse than google translate subs for them though.

Such as Kabuto, Faiz, Agito and Blade. Blade has the first 12 I think episodes subbed by a single /m/ anon who went MIA before he could finish, search nyaa for NDA Blade. Sadly, Blade doesn't get good until episode 13, but from there on out it becomes one of the greatest Kamen Riders.

Hibiki is supposedly amazing too, but I hear it's getting new subs this year so just hold off watching it for now.

Ryuki I think have non-Nihon subs, but I forget who did them if anyone did. Also an amazing show, but the CGI is awful.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 08:54:31 AM by Ming »

McJongJing

« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2015, 08:51:07 AM »

Arigato Ming

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2015, 09:22:24 AM »

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2015, 08:59:50 AM »

WHERE HAS JUSTICE GONE

AND WHY IS EVERYTHING ON FIRE

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2015, 09:55:15 AM »

a worthless person

« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2016, 01:26:42 PM »

I am currently watching Ghost with Pomfwall and Vert. Very good OP song, fairly good show so far, hard to tell this early in if it'll be great. Good suits, fast paced plot. Decent Side Characters. The Ganma can range from boring and lazy as hell to pretty great (Javert was sick). It has some nice OST tunes, too, like the song that plays when Spectre shows up.

I am also currently watching Kuuga (and to a lesser extent Wizard) with Vert. Kuuga is great, but in very different ways from the later shows. Love it to bits though. We're only 5 episodes in Wizard, and WOW, they really started on a high note. so many good things. Watching it turn to shit will be utterly depressing.

Meanwhile I also started watching Drive with Pomfwall. Very good OP song, fairly good show so far. Me and Pomfwall HATED the car gimmick and such at first, but to be fair, the last time we considered watching it was right after we had only seem Gaim. After watching W/OOOs/Fourze, Drive's humour and gimmick are a lot more fun and palatable. Shinnosuke's pretty funny, most of the special operations cast are nice, the suits are pretty good, and I like the Roidmudes.

Still not sure if I like Surprise Drive or We Think Therefore We Are more. I think We Think Therefore We are might win just because of the great music video, the singer and band are like 30 years older than they sound, and those hairstyles.

Anything Goes > WBX > We Think Therefore We Are OR Surprise Drive > Just Live More > Kamen Rider Kuuga! > Life is SHOW TIME = Switch On!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 01:30:08 PM by a worthless person »

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2016, 03:38:21 PM »

I dropped Ghost. It didn't really appeal to me, might be because after the lightheartedness of Drive I wanted something darker.

Might rewatch Blade now that it has scrubbed subs available to get my Toku fix while I wait for the next Rider series.

We're only 5 episodes in Wizard, and WOW, they really started on a high note. so many good things. Watching it turn to shit will be utterly depressing.

It was so hype at the start  :sad:

Then Haruto just never had any personality (outside the movies), the stories never got very interesting, and every plot twist they're gonna pull is immediately obvious before episode 10 or something.

I will say the action remains good throughout and the dumb cgi monsters largely drop off eventually.

Me and Pomfwall HATED the car gimmick and such at first

Me too. Rider as a whole has gotten very silly, but toy cars was a bit much for my tastes. It did grow on me though and I just accepted it, the rest of the show was solid after all.  :laugh:

>Openings

Have some CLIMAX:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6