Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 53

Author Topic: The general anime thread  (Read 118971 times)

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
Re: The general anime thread
« Reply #285 on: January 17, 2016, 04:51:34 PM »

Not all CGI in anime is bad. But when a show uses it all the time and they won't even take the time to throw on some nice filters and shaders to make it look like it belongs with the rest of the art... urgh

I'll stick with Active Raid for a couple more episodes and see how they handle it. It's an enjoyable show otherwise (2 episodes are out so far)

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.
« Reply #286 on: January 18, 2016, 03:52:41 AM »

Watched koukaku no pandora ep. 1 it's fun! :laugh:

There's a mahou shojou element, since the girl  transform into a "battle cyborg" (henshin!!!!), which is her but with a purple dress and a purple top hat.

The ecchi is very toned down. Usually I drop ecchi anime before their first episode is finished but this time it wasn't a one hundred panty shot cringe feast.

McJongJing

« Reply #287 on: January 18, 2016, 04:38:27 AM »

Anyone else bored of Iron Blooded Orphans? Nothing happens in this show, it's such a fucking slog.
There's no drama. Nothing personal between Tekkadan and Ghallajorn. Tekkadan doesn't particularly seem concerned with the state of mars, and we don't spend much time with mars to be concerned about it either. I don't feel like any of the central characters are really growing or learning. Kudelia still just mopes, Mila is still a killer. Needs more robot fights.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #288 on: January 18, 2016, 06:27:09 AM »

It's shit.

>Flat characters that don't do anything ever
>No action
>Animation so poor even some of the still shots are bad
>Not really going anywhere with the plot
>Everything up to do this point could have been done in a third of the episode count

There's only ONE THING, the show has done well. And that's the mecha designs. But since there's no action, it's just wasted.

Okay, two things.

Chocolate Lolicon is a cool character. Too bad he never gets to do anything. He's Char and he's been in ONE FIGHT. ONE FIGHT IN 14 EPISODES.

McJongJing

« Reply #289 on: January 18, 2016, 06:36:50 AM »

I feel like Bandai doesn't even 'get' Char.
Char was never cool. He was a fucking loser.
He was cool at first, but overall he let his grudge get in the way of shit.
He made Lalahs death, a reasonable act in a war, into a personal grudge.
That's one of the things Zeta Gundam did well, showing Char maturing and moving on from the past.
He was a vicious lying, manipulative sociopath who murdered his best friend.

Although I suppose it's not really fair to dislike Chocolate man based on that.
Remember how great the rivalry between Amuro and Char was? You could see Chars frustration at getting beaten constantly by the white devil.
I love how worked up he gets in the final battle, going out of his way to murder Amuro. Stuff like the fencing was great.

In IBO I don't feel anything. It doesn't have to be a rivalry like in 0079, but give me something.
We barely even see them interact, or have any sort of conflict.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #290 on: January 18, 2016, 09:22:13 AM »

I don't even think there's any kind of antagonist in this show. There's just been some corrupt or rich people wanting to profit from Kudelia. Even Tekkadan is just doing it for money, they're not fighting for Mars' Independence or anything. Just want to establish themselves so they can get more jobs in the future and stay together.

And officially I don't think Gjallarhorn has any real interest in fighting them either. McGilles even seems set on turning Gjallarhorn around and assisting Kudelia.

I don't even how this show came to be.

With Mecha designs like they have too they could have been a great success just by having non-stop action and one liners. Plus there's so many cool scenarios that come to mind when you think "Orhpans with a Gundam/Mecha". You have to have some sort of brain problems to fuck up writing the show this much.

McJongJing

« Reply #291 on: January 18, 2016, 02:11:32 PM »

They couldn't be bothered animating the mecha, so they chose the plot of least resistance :laugh:

Kami_sama

« Reply #292 on: January 18, 2016, 06:59:38 PM »

I watched hells (alternatively named hells angel). It's a very fun anime and the art is really good, in my opinion. It's drawn a goofy way but the emotion are really depicted in a masterful way.

Just love the style and the characters :

Hey rine !

Guess who's the cutest in the show ?

It's you! :yay:

:kyaa:

She's full of determination!

McJongJing

« Reply #293 on: January 19, 2016, 02:35:19 AM »

That little roleplay was p cute kami :yay:

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #294 on: January 22, 2016, 09:13:39 AM »

Active Raid's 3 first episodes have all been fun, minus the first 10 minutes of the first one because it's mostly info dumping

And I'm minding the cgi less and less

Got a new show to watch this season!

a worthless person

• not worth worrying about
« Reply #295 on: January 22, 2016, 12:05:58 PM »

I loved the OP, the characters and designs are great for literally every character and it was comfy as hell.

but how do you have a show like this with nothing but like 3 fights EVER?

The entire show felt like it was building up to a climax but then there was a single one on one fight between two characters that was like 3 minutes long.

The character you think is a badass has like 1 short fight 3/5ths of the way into the show and then is afraid of fighting.

The 'enemy mook' you think is going to be the enemies that the Gatchamans are going to fight the entire show, the main character girl befriends it in like episode 2 and then it just slides back into a slow burn with like 0 action.

...But it also completely subverts some BAD expectations and tropes I was expecting, so even though it seemed really weird, it never made me mad or depressed me or made me bored with dumb cliches.

I still liked it though, going to watch Insight. Good OP and ED. Just so bizarre how none of the buildup or story arcs I expected came to pass. It's nothing like Kamen Rider or Tiger & Bunny, like I was expected (The 3d CGI really reminded me of Tiger & Bunny so that was my expectation.)

But at least it seems cooler than the original Gatchaman

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 12:08:57 PM by a worthless person »

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #296 on: January 30, 2016, 07:37:26 PM »

"If you pause the video, you can see the exact moment his heart breaks..."

"...There!"

Kami_sama

« Reply #297 on: January 30, 2016, 10:08:37 PM »

Relevant old quote digging

a worthless person

• not worth worrying about
« Reply #298 on: January 30, 2016, 10:13:25 PM »

no one responded to my masterful critique  :sad2:

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #299 on: January 30, 2016, 10:17:35 PM »

no one responded to my masterful critique  :sad2: