:owh:

I just saw my dad naked
Fucker left the shower door wide open
 :tyrone:

BLEACH, EYES, QUICKLY

McJongJing

Re: blog
« Reply #1156 on: February 23, 2015, 08:26:17 AM »

I started my unis orientation week today.
How am I supposed to make friends?
It feels like everyone's already formed their groups, and I don't know a single person here.
I just wanted the rose coloured campus life
 :sad:

Royalkitten

• huh
« Reply #1157 on: February 23, 2015, 10:15:13 AM »

My anime club is really bad, comically so. I always have a fun story about the unbridled stupidity they unleash.
Dear Ming,

Please delete my account.

Onegai <3

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #1158 on: February 23, 2015, 01:24:24 PM »

It feels like everyone's already formed their groups, and I don't know a single person here.

I had more friends than I can remember in college/uni despite being a total nerd so let me give you some advice.

It's human instinct to group up over the loosest reasons when everyone is still insecure and unfamiliar with their surroundings and schedule, as you are at the start of school. And to grow this group. So you can use this as an advantage.

So if you're taking a seat next to someone for the first time, just introduce yourself and go "so what do you do for fun?". I usually add something that I like to do right after, because people feel more comfortable if you've opened up first. The more 'normie' the better, because the point is to find something both can relate to. "watching stupid movies" is a decent one.

During orientation / first week, it's super easy to group up by just asking if people are lost and if they want to look for X meeting spot together.

If they seem like someone agreeable, ask if they want to tag along for lunch, because eating is something everyone has in common, and they'll be inclined to agree. If they already have a group and will be eating with them, you're in luck because you can just say "oh I'll come along then" and you're set.

:dance:

Also pro tip: It's a lot easier to become part of a group if it's small and an uneven number. Because third wheels desperately don't want to be. So they'll be pushing to integrate you so they have someone to pair up with as well.

Another pro tip: At the start, groups form and break very easily, so don't cling to just a few people, talk to as many as you can so you don't suddenly find yourself alone as people find out they have more in common with other groups and stuff

Royalkitten

• huh
« Reply #1159 on: February 23, 2015, 02:02:18 PM »

I just tell people i like anime and video games and then get an A on an exam and people flock to me.  :heart:
Dear Ming,

Please delete my account.

Onegai <3

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #1160 on: February 23, 2015, 03:56:35 PM »

This thread has been the center stage of all api activity for too long. So I've made a new thread for general chit chat, to separate chat and blog stories.

McJongJing

« Reply #1161 on: February 23, 2015, 04:54:21 PM »

Holy shit Ming that's genius.
Especially the stuff about the third wheel.
I just tell people i like anime and video games and then get an A on an exam and people flock to me.  :heart:
"I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not. The As thing actually sounds like good advice.

My anime club is really bad, comically so. I always have a fun story about the unbridled stupidity they unleash.
I plan on joining the anime club. They use the title from AIR as their logo, so at least it's not all entry level stuff.
And please tell those stories Kitten, that sounds hilarious.
Back in my highschcool anime club we had a guy who always wore a trench coat. He talked about how he would use the club to convince people that anime was mature. Got real pissy when the girls wanted to watch K-on!

What are you studying?  Good luck making friends just think you could always join the anime club! Please don't join one.
Economics and Law
Gonna bring in the dosh when I'm done.
Doing it for the figmas
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 07:19:24 PM by McJongJing »

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #1162 on: February 24, 2015, 11:15:57 AM »

I've been in Uni since September, and despite even going to a few normie parties, I haven't really made any real friends.

McJongJing

« Reply #1163 on: February 24, 2015, 04:21:41 PM »

I've been in Uni since September, and despite even going to a few normie parties, I haven't really made any real friends.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 03:28:33 PM by McJongJing »

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #1164 on: February 26, 2015, 09:24:19 AM »

Mentioned someone calling for minutes last night during midnight.

Turns out it was my uncle, aunt had a stroke and is in the hospital.

:sad2:

Pleinair

• I swear I'll post more. Eventually...
« Reply #1165 on: February 26, 2015, 02:56:37 PM »

Was it a stroke of genius?
It all returns to nothing, it all comes tumbling down

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #1166 on: February 26, 2015, 03:21:06 PM »

No the deadly kind.

:tears:

McJongJing

« Reply #1167 on: February 26, 2015, 03:29:16 PM »

Wait is she dead already?
I'm sorry to hear that man

Pleinair

• I swear I'll post more. Eventually...
« Reply #1168 on: February 26, 2015, 03:53:08 PM »

Damn...
It all returns to nothing, it all comes tumbling down

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #1169 on: February 26, 2015, 06:17:26 PM »

Ah no, but there's always the chance for a follow up stroke (which is how my grandpa died) so she's having surgery.

She had it while driving out on the road, luckily she just drove off the lane and didn't get hit by a car. Scary stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 487