Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: tee vee  (Read 6598 times)

bubblecat

tee vee
« on: February 20, 2015, 08:31:52 PM »

Who here watches some TV series? I've been using Netflix a ton recently and the addiction won't stop. I watched 3 seasons of UK Skins in a week because I love watching teenagers ruin their lives in these types of dramas and that shit was satisfying as hell in that aspect, especially season 2. I'm about to jump into Lost and let it consume my life for about a month now. Then it's on to House of Cards after that.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 09:37:40 AM by Island Goddess »

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
Re: tee vee
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 09:09:35 PM »

I don't watch any TV show at the moment. In recent times, the only shows I've watched are Game of Thrones, Doctor Who, and Ancient Aliens. Yeah I know, not very exciting and extremely generic.

(Not counting Tokusatsu shows)

I've been meaning to rewatch Xena and Stargate but I've yet to do so. I feel like I used to watch several shows at once, but now I've run out of things I want to watch and nothing new seems to catch my interest.

bubblecat

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 09:17:10 PM »

I want to rewatch Xena too to see if it's as cool as my childhood self remembers it being.

Also from around the sameish era was a show about a cyborg chick from the director of Terminator 1 and 2 called Dark Angel that seems pretty cool.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 09:57:59 PM »

I did rewatch Xena when I was 18-19. And Hercules too, when I was 22 I think.

Both were perfectly 90s cheesy, and absolutely charming. I also really love the the world still and the travelling adventurer shtick.

The one thing I did notice was the TERRIBLE cgi monsters they'd use (thankfully rarely). All the non-practical effects really jump out at you too, but there's not that much of it. Sometimes, low budget actually works in your favour it seems.

Edit: That does it, writing this post just made me want to rewatch it even more. I'm going to go looking for some DVDrips, I know Ky and I found a torrent before.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 10:02:22 PM by Ming »

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 10:18:24 PM »

I found torrents on Demonoid. Exactly the same files as that one you used, only the file names are formatted prettier and it's one torrent per season instead of all in one. I was hoping I could find higher quality, oh well.

It's just part of the late 90s experience I guess  :wink:

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 10:51:36 PM »

Game of Thrones in exactly one month

Get excite

:dance:

Royalkitten

• huh
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 10:59:31 PM »

I watched all of Power Ranger RPM in a day I am so far behind on this seasons anime rip 
Dear Ming,

Please delete my account.

Onegai <3

Royalkitten

• huh
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 11:03:47 PM »

ALL OF HERCULES AND XENA IS ON NETFLIX GOODBYE FOREVER
Dear Ming,

Onegai <3

bubblecat

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 11:27:57 PM »

Netflix started pissing me off so I switched to other means of watching a lot of my stuff.

They censor a lot of licensed music, in season 5 of skins one of the characters is literately singling the lyrics to Slayer's angel of death to the tune of some generic free use light rock music, it was at that point I was like, "this isn't going to work anymore"

Royalkitten

• huh
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 11:38:13 PM »

Why? does netflix need its own license/agreement or whatever for the music too?
Dear Ming,

Onegai <3

bubblecat

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 11:45:33 PM »

No, it's usually either the rights for the original show expired, or had a special clause (can only be used in certain country, or only on broadcast tv or w/e) so Netflix uses whatever the most edited version available is.

When you can easily get the original unedited versions of shows elsewhere, there's not really a point in using Netflix to watch butchered versions.

I know Daria had a problem like this, the entire soundtrack was licensed music when it aired on MTV but they couldn't put it on dvd for over 10 years because of problems working that shit out, and in the end it had to be edited to hell.

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 04:18:19 PM »

TV's ok.

I've been watching The BBC's Musketeers and Doctor Who on Netflix, as well as the first few episodes of The Walking Dead.

As for what I actually watch on TV, I like Game of Thrones, but I try to keep from watching until I've read the corresponding book.

Aside from that, I'll more or less just casually catch South Park, Todd and the Book of pure evil on comedy, Star Trek reruns on Space (Canadian SyFy) and whatever stoner comedy's on Adult Swim.

bubblecat

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 09:00:07 PM »

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 12:54:04 AM »

Oh wow

Pleinair

• I swear I'll post more. Eventually...
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 02:37:23 AM »

I watched all of the X files except the last movie.
It all returns to nothing, it all comes tumbling down
Pages: [1] 2 3