Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Author Topic: movie thread  (Read 48744 times)

Greg

movie thread
« on: August 22, 2014, 02:22:24 AM »

movies  :sparkle: :mad: :owo:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 09:37:20 AM by Island Goddess »

bubblecat

Re: movie thread
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 02:23:35 AM »

I'm looking forward to that new David Fincher film with Reznor on the soundtrack, Gone Girl.

Greg

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 02:25:10 AM »

i recently saw the master, the latest film from paul thomas anderson. it's my second favorite from him, behind punch drunk love and ahead there will be blood. i'm super excited for his next movie inherent vice which is coming out late this year

Greg

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 02:26:55 AM »

also the master has probably the best soundtrack i've ever heard, it's so incredible. jonny greenwood did that one and also there will be blood. if you're interested in seriously watching movies i highly recommend watching paul thomas anderson, he's like the perfect introduction to complex films in an accessible style

Greg

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 02:27:10 AM »

watch them in chronological order though

MACHINE

• Madison
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 02:27:54 AM »

I'm not really a movie girl, but one of my favorite movies is Funky Forest... :gloom:

Greg

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 02:28:47 AM »

funky forest was okay. i really liked the first half but the second half was way too "wacky" for me to enjoy

bubblecat

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 02:30:54 AM »

PTA is legit one of the best active directors in the world right now.

There Will Be Blood is my favorite of his, though I haven't seen The Master yet mostly because the premise of it didn't immediately interest me. I'm sure it's a dang fine movie though and I will get to it soon enough.

Royalkitten

• huh
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 02:31:53 AM »

There will be blood was neat. I recently saw Beyond the Black Rainbow and I thought it was really neat.  :heh: I need to watch more Ingmar Bergman films....I've got like 5 downloaded and only watched 1.....   :damn:
Dear Ming,

Please delete my account.

Onegai <3

Greg

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 02:34:51 AM »

PTA is legit one of the best active directors in the world right now.

There Will Be Blood is my favorite of his, though I haven't seen The Master yet mostly because the premise of it didn't immediately interest me. I'm sure it's a dang fine movie though and I will get to it soon enough.
yeah, the master definitely seems slightly more mundane than twbb. it's less of an epic and more of a character study, but the plot is definitely interesting, and there's more than enough weirdness going on to keep me engaged. plus philip seymour hoffman and joaquin phoenix playing off eachother is a beautiful, beautiful thing. some of the best acting of their careers, easy

Tsukikage Yuri

• magical girl
    • flavors
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 05:10:41 AM »

Just bought Amazing Spiderman 2: best spiderman film made.
Also, so Guardians of the Galaxy a while back, it's my favorite movie of 2014 so far.
Saw The Giver, it was better than anticipated but still falls a bit short from the book.

schizotypal

• The next hiro
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 06:12:18 AM »

La stanza del figlio of nanni moretti and la mafia uccide solo d'estate.
Going to watch those two.
I'm back mufugga

murasa

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 10:29:08 AM »

I need to find time to watch Ran.

Futaba

• Wild Flower
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 11:04:29 AM »

My favorite move of all time ever

I think you need to live life on the edge

JisatsuPrincess

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2014, 12:33:26 PM »

Favorite  movies  -  Gattaca,  Contact,  Clean,Session  9,  The  Ballad  of  Jack  and  Rose,  The  Nightmare  Before  Christmas,  Kairo,  Blade  Runner,  One  Hour  Photo,  Inception,  Enter  the  Void,  Oldboy,  Eternal  Summer,  Never  let  me  go,  Children  of  Men,  I  am  Sam,  XXY,  A.I.  Artificial  Intelligence,  Hook  etc  etc

I  enjoy  films  with  themes  on  incestual  romance,  futurism  and  mental  illness.

Last  night  I  downloaded  this  Japanese  horror  movie  called  "Roommate",  idk  it  might  be  good  so  I  might  watch  it  later.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21