Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: /fgg/ ~ Home for fightan [except not shitty]  (Read 54027 times)

Ollistar

• oop lol
/fgg/ ~ Home for fightan [except not shitty]
« on: February 25, 2015, 01:20:06 PM »

FIGHTING GAME GENERAL

Your go to place for all things fightan.

Looking to get into vs fighting games but every time you do you end up crying cause it looks too hard and all the other boys are mean and scary looking and it makes you feel like your dad will never be proud of you? I can help!... Except the dad thing, that's on you.

http://pastebin.com/yfkbamxq
Great, great, GREAT resources here. These were fundamental to my getting good when I first started playing fighters.

The first big step that often gets over looked even though, for some people, it can be the biggest obstacle and, in some cases, the reason the fgc chews them up and spits them out.... DON'T BE A SCRUB. What is a scrub you might ask? (Cause honestly it gets thrown around a lot in the fgc now a days and no one seems to know what it means) A scrub is someone who never learns from his mistakes. A scrub is someone who will never admit he's wrong. Basically a scrub is that guy who loses fair and square and gets all salty and blames it on "spamming" or "infinites". Don't be that guy.

Want to play old arcade fighters online against people on your computer for FREE?
http://www.fightcade.com/
Grab fightcade. I can personally attest to how great this software is. Works wonderfully, it's based of ggpo and has a much bigger server selection.

But Ollistar, isn't finding roms and bios and stuff HARD? Nope! You can get everything you need at this one nifty location!
http://fightanvidya.com/games
And at they bottom they even have links for non fightcade pc fighters like Melty Blood, Guilty Gear XX #RELOAD, and more!

FAQ:

Is Smash Bros. a fighter?
Not really, no. It's not a bad game but this probably isn't the place for it.

There are so many games! Which should I start with?
I suggest Street Fighter Alpha 3. It's great for learning basic inputs, has short combos, and requires good fundamentals.

Should I avoid any games?
Everyone likes different stuff so I don't generally like telling people to avoid any, but if I had to pick, I'd say MvC3 just because it's dying it (for several reasons) and it's kind of broken (there are a few actual infinites).

Is there one fighting game that is objectively better than ALL others?
Third Strike, duh.

Good luck you cuties and happy fighting!

ScumbagSoldier

Re: /fgg/ ~ Home for fightan [except not shitty]
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 01:34:43 PM »

Fightfriends go!

My PS3 died a few months back, so I can't play most online fighters at the moment. :sad2:

However, I do own Skullgirls on steam.

I'm awful, hit me up if you want. http://steamcommunity.com/id/RandomViolence/

I also plan on buying GGXRD when I can afford a PS4 stick.

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 01:45:38 PM »

Robo Fortune is already my new main I can tell.

I'm exclusively pc for a while. Probably forever honestly. I'm down for skullgirls but I'm super rusty. I'd love to play Third Strike with people do feel free to get fightcade cause it's my main game at the moment.

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 02:10:23 PM »

Oh wow. I'm checking out this fightcade thing right now, and it looks awesome. What games are Princesses down for playing?

I'd be cool with any SF, any Marvel, and any Darkstalkers. Don't have much experience with 3rd strike, but I'd be on board.

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 02:16:49 PM »

Third Strike is where SF peaked before releasing the disappointment that was SF4. SF5 is super hype though.

I'm down for anything on fightcade but my main games are Third Strike, Alpha 3, and Vampire Savior.

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 02:28:51 PM »

Third Strike is where SF peaked before releasing the disappointment that was SF4. SF5 is super hype though.

I'm down for anything on fightcade but my main games are Third Strike, Alpha 3, and Vampire Savior.

Nerd I'll fight you.

PS:I hope this thread will someday be more than me and Olistar.

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 02:44:41 PM »

You're only saying that cause you've never played Third Strike. I was once like you; young, naive. I use to think SF4 was okay, hell, good even. But Third Strike opened my eyes! Now 4 just feels too slow. For real dude, Third Strike is the perfect speed, it flows well, and we got fucking parries. It was perfect and 4 undid everything.

PS: I get the feeling that won't happen. Ming may stop by but I think that's it.

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 03:01:38 PM »

You're probably right.

However.

These guys are great.

I hope they make it into SFV.

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 03:28:56 PM »

Sakura is one of my mains but she's way better in Alpha 3.

Maybe we can entice people into the thread with questions and discussion.

Who's your main and in what games?

What was your first fighter?

Have you ever been to a tournament?

Any stories about mad salt, be it from you or your opponent or someone nearby?

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 03:46:29 PM »

Who's your main and in what games?
Alpha 3-Sakura, Karin
3rd Strike-Makoto (kind of want to learn Ibuki)
USFIV-who knows, Sakura I guess
Vampire Savior-BB Hood
Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix-Sakura
Rival Schools-HinataxSakura, ShomaxNatsu
Guilty Gear XX #RELOAD-May, Bridget

What was your first fighter?
When I was little my dad took my to an arcade and I saw a Tekken game (I believe it would have been 2) so eventually my dad bought me Tekken 3 or 4 (forget off the top of my head) for ps2 and I played the shit out of it. Ironically I hate Tekken now. Alpha 3 was the first fighter I got serious about.

Have you ever been to a tournament?
Yes! It was USFIV and there was some miscommunication so I didn't get to participate which pissed me off. This is also where I saw the 2 most a hype matches of my life. This post is getting long so I'll detail that later.

Any stories about mad salt, be it from you or your opponent or someone nearby?
I have a good one but there's a picture I want to include so I'll post about it when I get home.

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 04:03:48 PM »

Mains:
Sakura in most SF games
Painwheel and Peacock in Skullgirls
Voldo in Soul Calibur
King in Tekken
Taokaka/Lamda/Mu13 in Blazblue
Spiderman in Marvel Super Heroes
Spiderman and Wolverine in MvC

First fighter:
Soul Calibur 2 At a friend's place. I would later play the fuck out of 3, and bonerlust for more fighters came from there.

Never been to a tourney.

Not many. There was one girl who called me a ""spammer" on SCIV because I kept knocking her down with Voldo's backwards up triangle move and kicking her. I also have a friend who will occasionally go full salt fountain. He once flopped off the couch and onto the floor after I ckutched the win in a particularly tense match between us. The fact that I technically beat him with a botched input was kinda funny too.

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 04:28:54 PM »

Forgot some mains:
Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter-SakuraxShuma-Gorath
Skullgirls-Peacock, Parasoul (if I do a team usually something like BigCockFuk)
Touhou 12.3 Hisoutensoku-Suika, Cirno

First fighter:
Soul Calibur 2 At a friend's place. I would later play the fuck out of 3, and bonerlust for more fighters came from there.

As much as I generally dislike 3D fighters, Soul Cal is the one I don't mind playing.

Also due to my lack of interest in 3D fighters, I have little info to provide on them so if you have any info I should put in the OP let me know.

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 03:30:32 AM »

Aight. Got Fightcade up and running, and downloaded a few games.

I haven't figured out if the client has friends or whatever, but my username is ScumbagSoldier.

McJongJing

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 05:15:48 AM »

The only fighting games I play are Touhou 12.3, Street Fighter IV, and the My Little Pony fighting game
In Street Fighter I main Rose. I dunno why, she just feels good.
In Touhou I main Meiling because she's got a great pressure game, and I find she's good at punishing others.

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 08:20:30 AM »

Aight. Got Fightcade up and running, and downloaded a few games.

I haven't figured out if the client has friends or whatever, but my username is ScumbagSoldier.

No friends, you just challenge people.

The only fighting games I play are Touhou 12.3, Street Fighter IV, and the My Little Pony fighting game
In Street Fighter I main Rose. I dunno why, she just feels good.
In Touhou I main Meiling because she's got a great pressure game, and I find she's good at punishing others.

Rose is really good in IV, actually.
I thought that game got scrapped cause Hasbro.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17