Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: MAGIC  (Read 6458 times)

card

Re: MAGIC
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2020, 12:59:19 AM »

I'd be up for commander but I think we need 4 players at least or it would just naturally become 2 vs 1 as soon as someone gets an advantage.  :heh:

What decks do you like to play card?  :yay:
Yes that is what seems to happen most often. It's sort of like Munchkin in that way, 1 ahead player is beaten by the 2 behind players only for the player most in the lead to then wipe out the weakest one. Such are the perils of any multiplayer game however.

One of my decks that I'll never forget was my Norin Chaos deck. I dismantled it because it stalled the game way too long and never really won until I pulled out the "fun" Chaos stuff. At least it taught me a lot about the more esoteric portions of the rules.

Right now one of my favorite decks is a Thantis, the Warweaver one. It likes to grind down my opponents by destroying their creatures and turning that destruction into damage. One of the people I played against it described it as "Jund enchantment control" Another fun deck I built recently was Noyan Dar, because animating a land into a 15/15 is hilarious. I've got a Rosheen Meanderer that is fun some of the times. I think those are my most played decks, I have others that I less frequently so they don't get as much work put into them.

If we wanted to do a different format (like pauper, modern or something else), I'd have to look somewhere for inspiration. A combo or value deck that wins on one turn after going to 1 sounds fun.

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2020, 01:15:49 PM »

Wow Noyan seems like a good time! Until someone throws down a wrath  :sparkle:

card

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2020, 09:20:06 PM »

Wow Noyan seems like a good time! Until someone throws down a wrath  :sparkle:
Yeah, I learned fairly quickly that it's usually best to throw it down on one land. Darksteel is the best in that respect but Drownyard Temple is a closed second. Of course, Inkmoth is THE best land in the deck to put counters on. It's probably one of the few decks worth running Terra Eternal in.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2020, 06:28:48 PM »

Oh GOD yeah inkmoth would be FILTHY with counter stacking  :shock:

card

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2020, 03:57:52 AM »

Well I recently got cockatrice working. I played a few games with it but I'm always a bit wary of just jumping in with randos. Especially when the last game one of them insisted that "destroy all creatures" effects destroyed indestructible creatures because it wasn't targeted.

If someone want's to play a game, even if it's not EDH, we should coordinate somehow. I'll check this place more often to see if anyone wants to and what time would work best.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2020, 05:21:49 PM »

I'd be up for playing! Weekends work best for me because of timezones.  :wave:

I'll see about getting cockatrice installed tomorrow.

card

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2020, 05:49:27 PM »

I'd be up for playing! Weekends work best for me because of timezones.  :wave:

I'll see about getting cockatrice installed tomorrow.
Did it install?
How should we coordinate joining the same room?

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2020, 05:31:30 AM »

I sent you a PM  :wave:
Pages: 1 [2]