Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Magic: The Gathering  (Read 9471 times)

Gropy

• Purest around.
Re: Magic: The Gathering
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2014, 02:56:43 PM »

How was it ranked tho? Wow how sad ;w; You couldn't go yourself and did you feel confident you could win?  :shock: :gloom:

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2014, 03:25:44 PM »

Not sure about the ranking. But I think I would have had a good chance at the finals.  :sparkle:

Gropy

• Purest around.
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2014, 03:49:53 PM »

I'm sure you would have won it if you tried!  :yay:

Now I feel like watching pokemon tho. :laugh:

schizotypal

• The next hiro
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2014, 03:48:15 AM »

I was interested into this a long time, still regret denying some good 80's sci-fi books for a deck (that we didn't even buy).
First actual deck (pre-made) was a japanese-themed red-black kamigawa deck, playing against my little brothers was really fun. Then we decided to make our own decks and it sucked because none of us were magic-pro and knew what the fuck we were doing, my blue-only deck sucked and I didn't win once.  They, on the other hand, went to one of those tabletop shops and mingled with magic-neckbeards that aggressively insulted them for their shit taste, some were nice enough to gift them a shitty card or two and one guy helped their friend (of the same age) build an uber-powerful deck, so it wasn't that bad for them.
And this is what puts me off about this game, if it weren't tabletop people would be complaining about how pay2win it is (this is applicable to any TCG tbh), and the way you have to autistically know what every card does, have a collection of super-cool 50-dollars-each cards is bleh.

Me and my friend used tabletop simulator, but it was hard as we didn't know the rules exactly and tapping the cards was painful (seriously, you have to keep pressed the left mouse button and keep moving the middle wheel for ages until it bends at a satisfying angle). So, with some searching around we got this, as far as I know it's the ultimate magic game, with almost all the cards, observance of the rules and even a working AI that can build its' own decks, so if anyone of you wants to try...
http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=15728
I'm back mufugga

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2014, 07:26:10 AM »

Wow that sounds perfect. I'd love to give it a go once I get my computer back!

schizotypal

• The next hiro
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2014, 10:04:04 AM »

or http://xmage.info/ for multiplayer, only 8k cards, but still more than any other mp magic game.
I'm back mufugga

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2015, 12:41:54 PM »

Anyone played any Khans/Fate? I played a bit of Khans in a draft, where I pulled a Sorin  :omg: but haven't had the chance to play much since then.

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2015, 06:22:44 PM »

Well, my attempt to revive the thread clearly failed.

To be on topic, I'm currently attempting to put together a standard deck with no Fate or Dragons cards, because I'm poor and stupid.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2015, 06:45:29 PM »

I don't play anymore so I can't comment on standard, not that I ever cared much for the format.

I can't stand the idea of something I like rotating out and becoming illegal to play, not to mention the baby sized card pool to build from in the first place. Give me modern or give me kitchen table casual.

:hihi:

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2015, 07:37:19 PM »

Well, here's a former standard deck I've had kicking around for a while that I've added random stuff to for casual games, and have considered converting into a modern deck, since it's the deck I seem to do the best with.

http://deckstats.net/deck-6667369-3a613d6baa4f2afd820390731d5082db.html

Thoughts?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]