Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Author Topic: 東方Project  (Read 2297 times)

litt

• Prinzessin
東方Project
« on: September 12, 2014, 11:47:28 PM »

Here we can talk about the 2hu video games.   
:pc:
Just to get things rolling, some questions that came to mind:
Which was your first game? Did you enjoy it?
Have you 1cc'd any games?
Have you had any success on hard/lunatic?
Do you play other STGs?
How about PC98?
Which bosses do you enjoy fighting? Which ones do you hate?

My "goal" behind this thread is to get motivation to play the games. I haven't been feeling much for a while, and I think a thread like this where we can talk about our aims, post some screenies, and discuss the games can be neat.
:wowow:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 12:05:27 AM by litt »

litt

• Prinzessin
Re: 東方Project
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 12:04:18 AM »

My favourite Touhou is 8, Imperishable Night. It is the only one I have 1cc'd, which probably has to do a lot with the large reaction window in which you can bomb when you get hit, as well as the many lives you can gather. Regardless, the music in the game, although simple, has many of my favourite songs, most notably Plain Asia and Gensokyo Millenium. Marisa's boss battle is extremely memorable, all those shiny star attacks keep popping into my head. I also enjoy fighting Keine and Eirin/Kaguya. 8's cast is pretty good and the story is (for a Touhou game) rather good. I have played it a bit on hard but I haven't managed to 1cc it. My absolute favourite feature of the game, however, is how there are four teams do you choose from, thereby the possibility of playing 8 different characters of the series! While some games only have Reimu and Marisa (characters I don't really care for) as playable, 8 has a variety. I also think the time orb feature is good, as depending on how efficiently you complete the level and fight the boss, you can get additional points by fighting another, tougher spell card.

My first Touhou game was EoSD, and then I went chronologically. For some reason I can only really bear to play 6, 7, and 8. The later games frustrate me too much, although 13 was an exception and I managed to play it from start to finish without too much fuss. I haven't really played the new one, and I should.

Right now, I want to:
1cc 7 and 6 (in that order)
1cc 8 on hard
Get back in PC98 games. I played 5 only a few times but it was promising.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 12:12:19 AM by litt »

murasa

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 12:12:51 AM »

I started with Perfect Cherry Blossom but I still never 1cc'd any game  :sad:

Tsukikage Yuri

• magical girl
    • flavors
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 01:20:21 AM »

I started one game and played it for like half an hour and have been too lazy to ever attempt again.

Which game is the best to play/best to get into them?

bubblecat

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 03:48:51 AM »

Which was your first game? Did you enjoy it?
imperishable night, I still like it a lot. not sure if I would call it my favorite though.
Have you 1cc'd any games?
perfect cherry blossom, imperishable night I've gotten very close on, and if I sat down and focused I'm sure I could get it done.
Have you had any success on hard/lunatic?
not 1ccing, no. maybe someday :poh:
Do you play other STGs?
obvious cave stuff like dodonpachi, mushihuimesama, death smiles, ect. also saturn STGS like soukyugurentai (this game is my SHIT), layer section, radiant silvergun, and cotton boomerang. on dreamcast I really loved radirgy, mars matrix, triggerheart exelica, and obv ikaruga.
How about PC98?
the pc98 2hu games are p.cool with me
Which bosses do you enjoy fighting? Which ones do you hate?
I always have fun with youmu. I hate pretty much all of subterranean animism's bosses after stage 3 because they make me hurt too often.

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 07:50:01 AM »

My first game was Undefinable Fantastic Object. I've played a few more since but UFO remains my favourite.

:hug:

I can manage on hard, but lunatic is a bit beyond me, I'd need to train properly to do that.  :damn:

I haven't 1CC'd any of the games on any difficulty yet. I can't play the games for very long before my eyes start becoming a problem, so I always get into scenarios where I literally can't see some bullets, so I usually die to that.

But I have fun even if I can't become the Touhou Master.

Haven't played since spring but I'll return to it eventually  :wave: