Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 487

Author Topic: blog  (Read 834628 times)

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
Re: blog
« Reply #6465 on: February 12, 2017, 02:58:48 PM »

Started this weird, 2 week long evaluation course of tech+dev skills last week
Testing if you're good enough to then be enrolled in this this 4 or so month long, intense programme to become a developer (either java or full stack) and followed by internship and likely employment

I hope this works because I really really really want to avoid going back to uni for 3-5 years, building my debt just to get the same kind of entry level IT job in the end

>Need to make a Linkedin profile
>Got no recent photos of me at all
>Cue haircut
>Shave
>Dress shirt + tie
>Smile into mirror

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.
« Reply #6466 on: February 12, 2017, 03:28:28 PM »

Ming is handsome! :yay:

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #6467 on: February 13, 2017, 02:59:42 PM »

This friggin' day m8s.

I walked an hour in the cold and snow to get to my course.
Had a test about things I have zero knowledge about.
Walked an hour back home.
Had a rushed lunched.
Walked 40 minutes to the train station.
Got on the train.
1 hour and 20 minutes later I'm in a different city.
I arrived late so I missed my bus.
Spend 30 minutes walking as fast as I can trying to navigate across a city I don't know.
Arrive 15 minutes late to the doctor.
Get told they can't do the check up they wanted because I need to spend 2 weeks without contacts previous to it.
30 more minutes navigating back to the station.
Try to buy a ticket. Turns out my current ticket is still valid up until 5 minutes before train departure.
So it won't let me pay for a new one that will cover my trip back home.
Have to wait until 4 minutes remains to departure to get my ticket.
Run to the platform and slip on the ice.
Train won't go all the way home, spend 20 minutes waiting on another station to switch trains mid journey.
It has suddenly gone to several degrees below freezing and I'm standing around with wet sneakers and socks. Feet are now ice packs.
Get back to my town. Start walk of 40 minutes back home. Nose is running like a waterfall and got no tissues. Eyes really not agreeing with all this cold all day. Big ouch and very teary.
Arrive back home at 7:30pm.
Notice we don't even have any bread left. Stomach is now very sad.
Also jimmies rustled because despite being in a tough spot economically I had to spend 50 dollaridoos on my journey and it was all for naught, so I'm gonna have to do it all again in a few weeks.

a worthless person

• not worth worrying about
« Reply #6468 on: February 13, 2017, 03:23:02 PM »

sad day, ming

as for me

finished hiragana. Will keep doing practice daily to keep it up but I think I get it pretty well

now i'm starting on Katakana

why does katakana even exist? It's just Hiragana letters with different symbols. Doesn't even save space like kanji  :owh:

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #6469 on: February 13, 2017, 03:29:46 PM »

Whoa, congrats dude!  :wave:

I've never even tried to learn Jap  :sad:

a worthless person

• not worth worrying about
« Reply #6470 on: February 13, 2017, 04:28:28 PM »

i'm at the easiest parts, praise the guys like kami and jingo who are way more advanced

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.
« Reply #6471 on: February 13, 2017, 04:51:17 PM »

Mingu.. . :sad: :hug:

Also don't praise me I'm a shitty nipponese student :(

On a happier note I got all my grades for my winter exam and I pass everything with good grades! :yay:

I also have the possibility to apply for an internship for next Spring in Tokyo, Japan. The thing that is making me hesitate is that it's written that they provide your meals during the workday: breakfast, lunch and diner, all served at work. What does this mean? :nyoron:

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #6472 on: February 13, 2017, 05:10:39 PM »

12 hour workdays

:smile2:

Pleinair

• I swear I'll post more. Eventually...
« Reply #6473 on: February 13, 2017, 06:01:07 PM »

Fuck 12 hours shifts. My new job just switched to 12 hours. Which is ironic because I left my last job because it was 10 hour shifts.
 The position they got me in can be freaking stressful. Some people have gotten panic attacks running these machines. I've somehow managed to figure out running these thing with very little training. The new guess that have been starting they've been getting weeks of training, I got 8 hours.
I'm supposed to be getting a "promotion" soon but the general manager didn't seem to like me too much. Mostly because I sometimes don't do things exactly how I was trained, except I wasn't. Luckily I don't interact to much with him because I'm on the night shift.
My supervisor seems to be impressed with my work, even though I constantly feel like I'm screwing it up.
I've got no free time on the days I work, I'm just dead. I've got longer weekends though.
*End rant
It all returns to nothing, it all comes tumbling down

Pleinair

« Reply #6474 on: February 13, 2017, 06:02:31 PM »

This friggin' day m8s.

I walked an hour in the cold and snow to get to my course.
Had a test about things I have zero knowledge about.
Walked an hour back home.
Had a rushed lunched.
Walked 40 minutes to the train station.
Got on the train.
1 hour and 20 minutes later I'm in a different city.
I arrived late so I missed my bus.
Spend 30 minutes walking as fast as I can trying to navigate across a city I don't know.
Arrive 15 minutes late to the doctor.
Get told they can't do the check up they wanted because I need to spend 2 weeks without contacts previous to it.
30 more minutes navigating back to the station.
Try to buy a ticket. Turns out my current ticket is still valid up until 5 minutes before train departure.
So it won't let me pay for a new one that will cover my trip back home.
Have to wait until 4 minutes remains to departure to get my ticket.
Run to the platform and slip on the ice.
Train won't go all the way home, spend 20 minutes waiting on another station to switch trains mid journey.
It has suddenly gone to several degrees below freezing and I'm standing around with wet sneakers and socks. Feet are now ice packs.
Get back to my town. Start walk of 40 minutes back home. Nose is running like a waterfall and got no tissues. Eyes really not agreeing with all this cold all day. Big ouch and very teary.
Arrive back home at 7:30pm.
Notice we don't even have any bread left. Stomach is now very sad.
Also jimmies rustled because despite being in a tough spot economically I had to spend 50 dollaridoos on my journey and it was all for naught, so I'm gonna have to do it all again in a few weeks.

There's always days like this, just hang in there.

Pleinair

« Reply #6475 on: February 13, 2017, 06:03:58 PM »

sad day, ming

as for me

finished hiragana. Will keep doing practice daily to keep it up but I think I get it pretty well

now i'm starting on Katakana

why does katakana even exist? It's just Hiragana letters with different symbols. Doesn't even save space like kanji  :owh:
It's for loan words. It makes it about easier to read if you already know it's supposed to be a loan word.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #6476 on: February 13, 2017, 06:25:29 PM »

Fuck 12 hours shifts. My new job just switched to 12 hours. Which is ironic because I left my last job because it was 10 hour shifts.
 The position they got me in can be freaking stressful. Some people have gotten panic attacks running these machines. I've somehow managed to figure out running these thing with very little training. The new guess that have been starting they've been getting weeks of training, I got 8 hours.
I'm supposed to be getting a "promotion" soon but the general manager didn't seem to like me too much. Mostly because I sometimes don't do things exactly how I was trained, except I wasn't. Luckily I don't interact to much with him because I'm on the night shift.
My supervisor seems to be impressed with my work, even though I constantly feel like I'm screwing it up.
I've got no free time on the days I work, I'm just dead. I've got longer weekends though.
*End rant

12 hour shifts?! I hope that supposed promotion means less hours or I'd quit asap. Be strong Plein!

:rain:

McJongJing

« Reply #6477 on: February 13, 2017, 06:40:21 PM »

What are you doing for valentines api
I was gonna make a cake
But my oven's fucked

landshark

• earthboat
« Reply #6478 on: February 13, 2017, 08:44:07 PM »

hes gonna rape all of us