News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 487

Author Topic: blog  (Read 830222 times)

Pleinair

• I swear I'll post more. Eventually...
Re: blog
« Reply #1260 on: March 13, 2015, 09:41:52 PM »

I just went to auto parts store to drop off some used oil and a filter, and some guy was there talking to the girl at the counter. No biggie. I figured I'd wait for the next available clerk. But he kept glaring at me for some reason. Like I didn't belong. :sad3:
It all returns to nothing, it all comes tumbling down

McJongJing

« Reply #1261 on: March 13, 2015, 09:52:54 PM »

What a shitty clerk.
You should complain and get her fired!

bubblecat

« Reply #1262 on: March 13, 2015, 10:14:34 PM »

Well, Amazon Mechanical Turk denied my application.

No idea as to why.

EDIT:Oh, it's because I'm not a US citizen.
Wow, that's lame. I'm pretty sure it's not US only though because I've seen a lot of tasks that I wasn't able to do because they are only available to people in the UK or India.

I just went to auto parts store to drop off some used oil and a filter, and some guy was there talking to the girl at the counter. No biggie. I figured I'd wait for the next available clerk. But he kept glaring at me for some reason. Like I didn't belong. :sad3:

Clearly it was because you are so good looking that it made him look bad in comparison to her :dance:

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #1263 on: March 13, 2015, 10:29:10 PM »

If it was a personal conversation that went over a minute or two, I'd have demanded service from her. Then complained to the manager just to fuck up her day.

Pleinair

• I swear I'll post more. Eventually...
« Reply #1264 on: March 14, 2015, 12:55:08 AM »

They were talking about a 4runner with a 3.0 liter engine, might of been work related, I dunno. Another clerk promptly came though. Can't really blame the clerk for another customer looking at me weird. It might've been that I was covered dirt from crawling around the floor under my car or the fact that the oil jug had a bit of dirty oil split on it or maybe it was because he didn't like the sight of a dirty brown princess. :hmm:
It all returns to nothing, it all comes tumbling down

McJongJing

« Reply #1265 on: March 14, 2015, 01:00:59 AM »

My parents just bought a 4K TV
Feels good being upperclass.
Eat shit peasants.

McJongJing

« Reply #1266 on: March 14, 2015, 06:52:28 AM »

I think our PC actually is connected to it over WiFi or something.
I'm not sure how playing games would work, since it's in a separate room.
I'm sure anime will look great on it though.
 :sparkle:

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #1267 on: March 14, 2015, 08:51:28 AM »

On a semi related note I might order a new monitor on monday.

It's time to retire this 7 year old one.  :relax:

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #1268 on: March 14, 2015, 10:35:15 AM »

1440p

:wave:

I'm tempted to go for 4k but as I've said in the past, that might just be too big.

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #1269 on: March 14, 2015, 10:53:28 AM »

Actually, most anime will look like shit, period, because most BD releases of anime are very lazy upscales, which you're then further blowing up to 4K.

I tried to find a good screenshot to demonstrate this, but finding a screencap that I was sure was from the BD release at full resolution proved more difficult than is reasonable, but some anime I recall as having really shitty BD transfers were The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Baccano.

However, most anime films that got a theatrical release should have been produced at a higher resolution (And hopefully given more love during the transfer) so they're generally better, but still will look blown up as shit on 4K.

TL;DR:Your parents fucked up.

lmoa

« Reply #1270 on: March 14, 2015, 11:12:40 AM »

Why 4k when you could go 144hz  :sweatdrop:

McJongJing

« Reply #1271 on: March 14, 2015, 05:23:20 PM »

Actually, most anime will look like shit, period, because most BD releases of anime are very lazy upscales, which you're then further blowing up to 4K.

I tried to find a good screenshot to demonstrate this, but finding a screencap that I was sure was from the BD release at full resolution proved more difficult than is reasonable, but some anime I recall as having really shitty BD transfers were The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Baccano.

However, most anime films that got a theatrical release should have been produced at a higher resolution (And hopefully given more love during the transfer) so they're generally better, but still will look blown up as shit on 4K.

TL;DR:Your parents fucked up.
Oh
Oh
Fuck
 :sad:

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #1272 on: March 14, 2015, 05:42:35 PM »

Yeah, have you seen any video on that TV yet?

Because I've seen 4K content before, and it looks goooooooood, but sometimes, the shop will just have the hockey game or something on, and it looks awful.

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #1273 on: March 14, 2015, 05:44:39 PM »

Because I've seen 4K content before, and it looks goooooooood, but sometimes, the shop will just have the hockey game or something on, and it looks awful.

Well the scaling thing you mentioned seems to be an issue for a lot of things, since most things aren't actually made for this resolution at the moment so a lot of it just gets scaled up and is bad. That's why I've been avoiding 4k also I'm poor.

McJongJing

« Reply #1274 on: March 14, 2015, 07:05:08 PM »

We watched the X-men movie last night
It looks pretty good. Certainly better than the last T.V did.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 487