Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: .~* Paranormal, Mystery, and Curiosities Thread [SPOOKY WOOKIE] *~.  (Read 5160 times)

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man

Ghosts, aliens, alternative history, mystical powers and conspiracies. With Halloween approaching and the dark of winter intruding, let's delve into it!

Starting with something more lightweight, the sacred geometries of the great pyramids of ancient Egypt!

« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 01:10:49 AM by Ming »

a worthless person

• not worth worrying about
Re: .~* Paranormal, Mystery, and Curiosities Thread [SPOOKY WOOKIE] *~.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 08:35:10 PM »

post david paulides

simondaman

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 10:27:44 PM »

9/11 was an inside job

murasa

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 11:58:32 PM »

Pleinair

• I swear I'll post more. Eventually...
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 12:03:19 AM »

It all returns to nothing, it all comes tumbling down

murasa

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 12:43:11 AM »

one night I thought I saw a triangle-shaped ufo flying above my house. I lived near an air force base so it was probably something else.

a worthless person

• not worth worrying about
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 04:38:53 AM »

One time, my dad told me a story about how he almost ran over a bigfoot on his three wheeler in the minepits of crosby, minnesota.

Arula

• Hello world!
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 04:46:14 AM »

I could post a weird story so I'll post a weird story. Back in the day I used to live much more NEETish, with my mom in her house. I was unfettered by a job or really any sort of time requirements and spent most of time online. My room was small, and I liked to keep the door closed. I had a loft bed with a desk setup under it, so that I could use my computer in the darkest possible cave-like sort of thing I could get. Worked well, I liked it a lot. Then I'd just sort of crawl my way up the ladder thing and collapse into bed. Anyways, back to the topic at hand, there was a period of several months when I had something visit my bedroom that I call an "Owl" because I really don't have any other name for it. I don't really like talking about it to be honest, it still creeps me out.

This "Owl" had a large, flat face, and big eyes that were black. It wasn't traditional grey alien flat, I mean flat like it had smooshed up against a wall flat. Set into it's face was a beak, like a bird, but it was inset so that it didn't really poke out of the face, maintaining the whole flat look. It had sort of palid, off-white skin that I was convinced was some sort of skin and would feel slightly rubbery, although I'm pretty sure I never touched it. The face was attached to a head that was wrinkly, to the point of looking sort of like the bit on an accordion that folds and pulls when you play it. The neck looked exactly like an accordion being used, and had sort of a rusty brown color to it. No hair grew on any part of the neck or face. It had a tendency to stretch it's neck and get it's face up in mine for no reason, so I was pretty familiar with the weird accordion-esque action. The neck attached to sort of shriveled up pale-flesh "bird" body. It was similar in shape, anyways, to the way a birds body would be shaped. It didn't have wings, it had weird little stubby featherless arms that were folded back in the same skeletal manner that a real birds wings would be, and they ended in little tiny stubby hands. I'm having trouble remembering it had three or four fingers. It never used those hands for anything. It had another set of hand-like things it would grip the railing of the bed I was in with (being a loft bed, it had railings on it so you didn't roll out of bed while you slept), although it never used those hands to manipulate anything either, it just used them to sit in the rails. Those hands had three fingers. it had a sort of tail thing, that was long, and hairless, that I know would move around under my bed (I'd hear it thumping around, more on that in a bit) but I never saw the actual end of it. Just a bit would lift up and move around behind it. Enough to know it had a tail of sorts but not enough to actually see what sort of tail it had, or what it ended in. Not knowing what it ended in scared me the most about the tail.

So yea. For about three or four months whenever I went to bed to try and sleep, that thing would show up around three or four AM. Something of note is that before and after this I would regularly stay up past three or four, sometimes pulling all-nighters just doing whatever. My favorite bedtime around then was about six or seven AM. However, during the times this "Owl" would show up, I would always get super sleepy around one or two, to the point that I would fall asleep in my chair if I didn't go to bed. So I would, of course, go to bed.
Then I'd wake up to some thumps in my room, generally right under my bed. I'd hear my computer doing stuff sometimes, keyboard noises, whatever. I wouldn't think much of it (We had some cats at the time) and try to get back to sleep. Sometimes I would. If I didn't, the "Owl" would sort of slowly raise it's head up over the railing, then grab the railing, and perch on it just like a genuine bird. Then I'd hear some weird noises. Static, sort of grunting and just generally noises I couldn't figure out. Over and over this happened, sometimes it would hang out and do that, other times it would accordion it's face close enough I could feel my breath bouncing off it. Obviously this scared me, and rather then put up with one night I just yelled at it. I told it was scaring me, I told it to leave, I yelled until my throat was super hoarse and I couldn't yell anymore. The "Owl" kind of freaked out and fell off my bed. Then it never showed up again.

Whenever I talk about it I get a weird feeling like if I think about it to much it'll come back. When it left, had a weird feeling that I'd actually gotten rid of a friend or something. None of it really made much sense to me. I asked my mom if she had heard me yelling that night, to, and she told me she hadn't heard anything. I didn't bring it up more because I was convinced she'd put me into some sort of therapy again. So there you go, my genuine weird visitation story from a couple years ago.
Soon.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 11:56:00 AM »

@Worthless:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l77atz6fb72agoc/Coast_to_Coast_AM_-_2012-03-25_-_Odd_Disappearances.rar

Here's the first Coast to Coast episode with David Paulides. He is a researcher investigating a huge number of people going missing in national parks in North America under very eerie circumstances. He does not try to make a case for the cause or push an idea of any kind, just presents case after case with the same weird patterns to them.

If you have ANY interest AT ALL in the mysterious this is a must to listen to.

There is a sequel episode which I will upload when I get my computer back.

@Arula: Wow that is legitimately terrifying!

The owl appearance is indeed one commonly associated with greys and visitations of such, but I don't think I've ever heard of any 'accordion' features before or the warped 'arm wings'

Personally I've had a lot of weird phenomena occur to me. One being that I was "plagued" by shadow people for the longest time. They never did anything to me that I can remember, but they'd walk around my room, stop, seemingly stare at me for a while, then they'd resume. I'd have a lot things go missing when they'd been around. But it would be 'returned' later on.

Sounds tame, but it was very scary. Earlier on as a little kid I had had other strange beings who'd come visit me. I'd always wake with a bunch of scratches or tiny weird surface 'holes' in my skin afterwards. Sometimes I'd be crying when I woke and not know why.

Related, if you believe in abductions, when I was a baby and still slept in a crib my parents would occasionally wake to find me dumped on the bed or on the floor. Which weirded them out because I couldn't climb it. And I remember my dad telling me sometimes he'd wake and he couldn't see me in it, he'd panic but then just... fall alseep, and I'd be there in the morning.

simondaman

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 02:55:26 PM »

>When it left, had a weird feeling that I'd actually gotten rid of a friend or something.

I felt really sad reading this.  :sad:

Arula

• Hello world!
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 10:58:10 PM »

@Ming : That sounds like some pretty authentic abduction scenarios.   :owo:
Do you still see them around or still experience UFO sightings and "strange" things happening? It seems odd you've have that sort of activity at a young age and then it would just stop. While I'm sure now it is interesting I'm sorry you had to put up with that! Must have made sleeping hard. Thank you for sharing though!

@simondaman : I did to when it happened! It was a very confusing sensation. 
Soon.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 06:52:34 AM »

I haven't seen any entity for certain since I was 13-14. But I have experienced things people often attribute to the visitation and abductions phenomena since.

Namely missing time and I also still occasionally find scratch marks (usually very long but not very deep) and 'pricks' despite not having a cat or bumping into things that might cause damage.

But both of those can have perfectly normal explanations like just zoning out or perhaps being a violent scratcher in my sleep though.

I think the subject is very interesting, but I'd hate for myself to be a victim. I'd rather believe its all just coincidences and a vivid imagination of a weird child.

Related~

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 01:30:15 PM »

I got a mystery for ya'll.

Why do some people as they get older develop this freaky, uncontrollable, primal urge to pinch children and young people's cheeks with all their retard might?

:whine:

simondaman

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 05:29:21 PM »

What do you mean by missing time?

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 07:06:20 PM »

It's periods of time that just appear to have... not happened, for you. A bit like having slipped through time into the future by yourself.

A popular example is you could be watching a show on TV. Suddenly in a flash, you're a bit groggy and you're now watching another show altogether, one that's not supposed to come on until hours later. So you check the clock, and find out that it really is hours later.

I've had that happen. Of course this is also one of these things that can be easily explained by nodding off for a while due to fatigue or something.

A but harder to explain is for example, when I was a kid, I've been playing with friends outside a few times and have just gone missing for an hour or so, according to them. While according to me I've just been a tiny bit away doing X thing by myself for barely 5 minutes.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 07:08:13 PM by Ming »
Pages: [1] 2 3