Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: A unique, non-kuso thread yay!  (Read 3261 times)

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
A unique, non-kuso thread yay!
« on: April 22, 2016, 06:59:29 PM »

Let's chat about

IRRATIONAL FEARS!

When I go to the toilet late at night, only one up, whole apartment in darkness, I sometimes get really scurred that the door handle will start to jerk around like someone is on the other side desperately trying to get in.

Oh and, sometimes when I'm in bed I'll get just start to anticipate loud disembodied screaming, no idea why. As opposed to something more normal, like a skeleton peaking out of the closet or whatever

DirtyRed

Re: A unique, non-kuso thread yay!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 07:02:49 PM »

That's nice
but where are the lifehacks
 :poh:

McJongJing

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 07:05:19 PM »

Ming I feel like you legit need mental help. That's not normal.
When I was little, I used to fear that my toys would start moving and murder me in my sleep.

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 07:21:49 PM »

When I was little, I used to fear that my toys would start moving and murder me in my sleep.

I also do this.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 07:34:41 PM »

I also had that fear. I think I mentioned in the purchase thread that I thought if I didn't play enough with my plush animals and stuff they'd choke me to death as punishment for being neglectful.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 07:46:16 PM »

After all the stuff I've shared about my psyche across the almost two years of api, I can definitely see why someone would come to that conclusion

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 09:08:36 PM »

I understand you so much Mingu.

When I sleep, I lock my door, look under my bed and close the blind on the window I open to have fresh air during the night.

This way I can be sure that :
  • There's no one in my room
  • If someone tries to enter my room, he has to break something in a  way that would make enough noise to wake me up
When I was younger I was afraid to look in mirrors during the night because I had seen this trailer (just searched for him, I don't dare look at him again) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tbr865kv3o

When I was younger I would sometimes look at the mirror in the night and begin smiling in a way that really crept me out because the face I saw didn't feel like me at all, but more like a mad murderer.

When I'm alone at home, especially when it's night, I'll close all door and take mental note of how I left them so I have more chances to notice if someone is trying to wander around in my house while being unnoticed.

Also when I look at dark places, like a dark corridor, I feel unsafe and am afraid that someone will come out and attack me.

Sometimes I am afraid of opening my door when going to the toilets at night because a creature may be silently waiting for me on the other side, right in front of the door, without making any noises and I would notice her too late. I began imaging this creature after reading, when I was younger, an issue of White Dwarf where they were showing some really good converted Nurgle's daemon with hooks as hand an just a green sphere as a head.

I don't know how I'll manage when I'll begin living alone. :sad:

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 10:18:55 PM »

I've never really been afraid of mirrors but I guess I still unconsciously avoid looking at them in the dark, I think most people do (plus, you really don't have any reason to look into one in the dark unless they're like across the room or corridor you're getting into)

Only 'night routine' I've had was a mental, magic charm. I did check under the bed as a kid sometimes but I also rather quickly figured out that if there, realistically, was something hiding under my bed, sticking my face down there or waving my hand around was amongst the worst things I could do.

I was also less afraid of something being under the bed and like, getting out of there to attack me by my side or like, grab my feet and drag me away, than I was of it having claws or a knife and just... piercing me from below. I mean, if I was a monster, that's how I'd do it. Or just set the bed on fire.

Pleinair

• I swear I'll post more. Eventually...
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 10:46:22 PM »

I'm scared that bugs will develop a taste for the puss in my cysts and begin to eat me while I sleep. Also I mistakenly thought that the pile of clothes I left on my chair was a person, now I'm scared to sleep facing out to my room, I face the wall now. I can't sleep facing up because I'm scared I might get sleep paralysis again.
It all returns to nothing, it all comes tumbling down

McJongJing

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 10:48:44 PM »

Does anyone else keep a baseball bat under their beds, in case of burglaries?
I keep a wooden katana under my bed. I was 14 when I bought it, don't judge

DirtyRed

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 11:23:27 PM »

I keep a nice heavy iron chisel, about a foot and a half long.
But I don't have anything worth taking ( ยด・ω・`)

McJongJing

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2016, 12:21:59 AM »

You got a nice iron chisel to take
I could do with a good chisel

DirtyRed

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2016, 12:38:19 AM »

It's not that nice actually. A bit rusted.

a worthless person

• not worth worrying about
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2016, 01:46:39 AM »

i never have any of these fears unless i'm reading stuff on /x/ and such long into the night.

Even then, I rationalize everything that, if some creature wanted to get me, it'd have to get through a keycard locked door, use an elevator to get the right floor out of 12, get to my door out of 20 on the floor, and then break it down.

I hate going outside near woods at night, though. can't do it, terrible fear of the outdoors when it's dark. Even when it's light out, if i'm deep in the woods alone, i'd freak out.

Stinks because i live in central minnesota so there are lots of forests.

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2016, 06:34:49 AM »

Most of my routine is here to rationalize too. You're lucky to life so far away from the ground. I'm on the ground floor and my windows face my garden. :sad:
Pages: [1] 2 3