Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Author Topic: API roleplay, reboot tentative.  (Read 2508 times)

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.
API roleplay, reboot tentative.
« on: February 16, 2016, 08:19:20 PM »

Hey.  :wave:

I want to try to get an API roleplay rolling, once again. The last thread was a clusterfuck so I'm going to sum the char up here and make separate thread for people to make their backstory, so it's more readable.

If you're still up, say it, if you're not, say it too. If you're interested in joining, say so, I think I can take up to 6 players, giving priority to worthless, Ming, Scummy, Ollistar and MJJ, since they were the first interested, a long time ago.

Setting reminder : grimdark cyberpunk with magical girls.

Scummy's char :

Miyuki Fukawa.

Miyuki never understood why, but she never seemed to get along with other people. Her parents' highly skilled programming positions had bought her a relatively comfortable upbringing, but they worked so long and so often, that she rarely saw either of them, save for when they would show up dead tired late at night, curtly nod, and shuffle off to bed. As a result, she spent most of her upbringing all alone, eating take-out and simple home cooked meals in front of the TV. At school, she found herself surrounded by giddy socialites who only seemed interested in things that didn't seem interesting or relevant to her, and gradually became stigmatized as "That creepy girl with the creepy programmer parents."  Over time, she became isolated, bitter, and miserable. One day, her father, despite his fatigue, couldn't help but notice his daughter's state of being. When she explained her situation, her father , somewhat reluctantly, presented her with a somewhat outdated, but still state of the art PC. "This..." He explained, "...is my old beast. I've made a few modifications. It's ready to do things others can't. Connect you to people like you. Find things most people don't know. If you want, I can teach you things, too."

Miyuki, ecstatic to finally have something to feel passionate about, accepted eagerly. Over the next few days, months, and years, she would make connections, see unspeakable things, and gather vast amounts of knowledge. The more she learned, the more she got to thinking. She already had all the skills she needed to leave school and start working like her parents, never having to deal with another day of wasting her time at school, or being around her classmates again. But she knew she still wouldn't be happy working torturous hours in massive, inneficient, beurocratic "code farms."  She'd read that a long time ago, some people actually worked for themselves. It was then, she decided she wanted to work for nobody but herself, and never have to be bothered by anyone. But to do that, she was going to need money. Money, knowledge, and a plan, so she did what she did best: Sat at her computer, and gathered information. At first, it was only questionable content. Then frowned upon content, until she was discretely browsing illegal sites. After one particularly long night of this, she exhaustedly staggered into her seat at school, and was alarmed to hear her name called over the intercom, and suddenly found herself considerably more awake. The walk to the headmaster's office seemed to take forever. Once she got there, all she remembered was he said he'd heard "of her behaviour" and then she was standing outside, and he was asleep on his desk. He never seemed to recall wanting to talk to her, but when she strained her memory, she could vaguely recall a kind of "spark" between the two of them. Since that incident, however, she's become increasingly paranoid in regards to the possibility of her life being in danger if someone, somewhere knows of her activities, and is beginning to believe she'd best put her plans into motion, but not before discovering just what it was she did to her headmaster while engaging in a bit of enterprise of her own.

(I wrote this on a phone. May revise later. Stats, etc to come.)

worthless
I want my character to be the CEO and primary shareholder of one of the smaller megacorporations.

She's filthy rich (compared to most people), and really slimy and underhanded. She knows there is no way to get ahead with how the world is set up now, so when Magical Girls start showing up, she realizes it's her chance to take down the big dogs.

So she has her R&D department make her a Driver to help her transform into a KAMEN RIDER to help the Magical Girls take down the big dog corporations. (So that she can be the one in charge, instead.)

I had the idea that maybe her younger sister is a Magical Girl, and they both decided that the best thing to do would be to siphon out the Magical Girl's magical power to power the Kamen Rider suit/driver thing to protect their rich lifestyle, since my character is older and more competent than her younger sister.
iirc I sugested that your sister became crippled or something due to the operation for more DRAMA, idk if you like the idea.

Ollistar
I'll do my best to avoid being overtly Kamen Rider-esque since worthy wanted to be a rider and we should have some variety even if we're both henshin heroes. Also Worthy I'm assuming you'll want to have a connection between our characters since they're both henshin heroes.

Fuck it, everyone is playing girls since it's mahou shoujo, I'll switch it up and be the token male character.

Potential hero names: (please help me decide, which sounds the coolest?)
Super Bio Crystal Man
Great Circuit V
High Squadron Bio Man (no relation to the Super Sentai Choudenshi Bioman of course)
Explosive Chaos Force Agony Ranger (he obviously doesn't have a team so for something like this I would either have him trying to push the name anyway and making it very clear there are openings on the team, or I'd just drop the "force")

千松彰浩 Senmatsu Akihiro

Akihiro grew up in unfortunate circumstances. He was born into an poor, low class family. His parents worked incredibly severe hours on a harsh assembly line, wasting away just so their son could have what little he did. Having little he couldn't afford to go to school and, as a result, he never really had any friends due to never having the chance to meet any other kids. He was left home alone most of the time and, despite not going to school, was very inquisitive and would read any and every book he was able to get his hands, usually from trash cans he would loot. Since they were so poor, he never really had any technology around, so he knew what computers and other modern tech were, but by no means was he proficient with them. He spent a lot of time roaming the streets and would often find various animals that most would find to be vermin, rats, raccoon, etc., and would befriend them. Most people would find such friendships odd and meaningless, but this taught him to value the gift of life and ultimately helped shape his view on the world.

Around age 10 his parents both mysteriously died in an accident at the plant they work at. Left alone with no one left in his life and no one to support him, he took to the streets. He spent his preteen and teen years living in back alleys with the various vermin that were his "friends" as a child, scavenging and stealing scraps of food to get by (a genuine Aladdin). After years of living on the streets he became very well acquainted with the layout of the city, knowing all sorts of shortcuts and never needing a map.

As he was reaching adulthood the organization began watching him. He was a top candidate for a top secret experimenting they had been planning. They saw his drive and resourcefulness that has allowed him to survive under these harsh conditions all this time. Eventually deciding on him since  he was an easy target and he had no one who would miss him or even notice he was gone, they kidnapped him and began experimenting. They were attempting to make a super soldier, if they succeeded, this soldier could be mass produced and used to curb any rebellion and attempts to overthrow them. Once they finished with the body they moved on to wiping the mind so they could install the control chip, rendering him essentially a robot to be controlled by the organization. However, something went wrong and he retained his memories. Using the chaos of the malfunction as a distraction, he breaks out and escapes.

Once back on the outside and after much thought, he realizes there's a lot of sinister stuff happening outside his little world and he decides to use his new abilities to try and change that. Having little direction on how to stop the organization and not being too adept at computer usage, he figures his best bet is to start small. He begins fighting every little crime he comes across and figures that if he works his way up to larger crimes he'll eventually reach the organization.

MJJ
Okay, bit more detailed now
[I HAVEN'T DECIDED A NAME YET] grew up in a lower middle class family. Her family never struggled, but never excelled.
Also, she was blessed with impossibly good luck. Stupidly good luck. Often she pondered that she'd be ran over by a car when it ran out.
Because of her good luck, she never had to work hard. Or work at all.
Due to an administrative error, she was given a scholarship to a private school for rich kids. Growing up around them, she often felt slightly isolated. They accepted her well enough, but she never truly felt like she fit in. As such she'd often resort to trickery, pranks, and jokes.
She was dubbed "class clown" by her teachers, "amusing" by some students, and "attention whore" by others.
She longed to be rich, but did not have the knowledge how to become rich. And even if she did, she probably could not be bothered to exert the effort. That's what happens when you're blessed by good luck, you get lazy.
Often she'd try scams, and get rich quick schemes. None of them petered out, but somehow she was never caught.

One day, she awoke and found she had two new powers (WOAH)
She could generate any currency she wanted, huge amounts of it. Also she could perform a magical girl transformation. But she didn't understand the point, she could print currency either way. Top hat was pretty kawaii though.

Ecstatic at her discover, she immediatly began spending large amounts of her FREE MONEY. This wasn't very smart.
She soon found herself being stalked, by both the police, and the local communist gangs...

Ming wanted to be a magical girl, but iirc never got around writing his background.  :sad:

ScumbagSoldier

Re: API roleplay, reboot tentative.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 08:36:23 PM »

In. :love:

DirtyRed

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 10:57:22 PM »

I'll pass  :heh:

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 11:59:42 PM »

In

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 07:53:02 PM »

Since only 2 people seems interested I won't do it sorry. :plz:

ScumbagSoldier

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 02:40:13 AM »

@McJongJing  @a worthless person @Ming You guys are all out?

McJongJing

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 06:43:37 AM »

I'm in, on one condition.
If I get too lazy to post, can I just kill off my character and withdraw?

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 10:32:06 AM »

I'm in once I'm NEET again

Edit: That's in 3 weeks
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 04:53:27 AM by Ming »

a worthless person

• not worth worrying about
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 10:35:04 AM »