Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: What's happening?  (Read 18831 times)

Pleinair

• I swear I'll post more. Eventually...
What's happening?
« on: September 07, 2014, 01:20:26 PM »

Post local news, preferably near you.

BORING, Ore. – Gresham police and a Clackamas County SWAT team busted a chop shop filled with stolen vehicles in Boring on Thursday, the sheriff's office said.

Authorities served a search warrant at 35000 Bell Maple Drive after an investigation that lasted several months, according to Sgt. Nathan Thompson.

Police recovered several vehicles on the property, including a snowmobile and a 1957 Chevy. At least two other confirmed stolen vehicles were also found at the scene, along with additional parts from other vehicles, Thompson said.

"Noise of cutting things apart, sawing and grinding during the night," said neighbor Marlene Glazier, describing what it was like living near the alleged operation. "They'd bring in trucks with lowboys hauling rigs, tow trucks and just individual cars at 3 or 4 in the morning. They'd be here for five minutes and then leave."

A small illegal marijuana grow was also found on the property.

Detectives detained several people at the scene. They took 47-year-old Grant Jerome Lauer into custody. Investigators said Lauer had a misdemeanor warrant for his arrest.

Authorities called the Department of Human Services to investigate after they found a child living on the property.

Police are working with victims to identify the stolen vehicles and parts, Thompson said.

"We're always looking for these types of (illegal operations) and it really helps when we get public information our way, so we can build these investigations," said Thompson.

For Glazier and her neighbors, Thursday's bust meant peace of mind and for the first time in a while, a quiet night.

"Everybody just talked about it but nobody ever did anything," said Glazier. "Somebody finally did and I'm glad."

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/crime/2014/09/04/chop-shop-stolen-vehicles/15085957/
I wish I had something less boring around this neck of the woods.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 01:34:13 PM by Pleinair »
It all returns to nothing, it all comes tumbling down

Futaba

• Wild Flower
Re: What's happening?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 01:28:11 PM »

:fan: post the full articles on the page, too.

http://www.wtae.com/news/police-man-kills-sons-pregnant-girlfriend-shoots-himself-in-penn-hills/27904236

[theres's a video in the url too btw]

PENN HILLS, Pa. —A man shot and killed his son's pregnant girlfriend at his auto body shop before shooting himself Friday afternoon, Penn Hills police said.

The suspected gunman, identified by police as 58-year-old William Lieberth Sr., was last reported to be in critical condition at Forbes Hospital.

VIDEO: Watch Kelly Brennan's report

Police said they found 26-year-old Teresa Smith outside Allegheny Auto Body with a gunshot wound to the head after they were called to the business on Verona Road at about 1:10 p.m. She died at the hospital.

Lieberth was found around the side of the body shop, police said. He had a gunshot wound to the head, and a handgun was found next to him, police said.

Smith lived in the building with her 5-year-old son and her boyfriend, both of whom were outside at the time of the shooting, as was Lieberth's wife, police said.

Some sort of disagreement with Lieberth and Smith apparently preceded the shooting, police said. The specific nature of the dispute was not immediately known.

WTAE interviewed Lieberth for a story that aired in September 2012, when he owned a body shop along Route 28 on the North Side and was being forced to leave by a judge's order because of a PennDOT construction project. He said he'd rather die than vacate the property where he spent 37 years building his business.

"If you're royally screwing me, I'll just die with the building, that's all. I'm totally prepared to die with the building if I have to," Lieberth said at the time.

Police said Lieberth will likely be charged with two counts of homicide -- one for Smith and one for her unborn child -- if he survives his gunshot wound.

I think you need to live life on the edge

Matango

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 02:21:12 PM »

There was a thunderstorm and heavy rain all night. A great deal of the Phoenix metro area is flooded. Here's Highway 10.

Matango

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 02:23:02 PM »

Oops, forgot article :tears:

PHOENIX - The rain has backed off, but don't let down your guard. The Valley is under a flood watch until 3:45 p.m. today.

As we all try to dry out, Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport has received more rain today than on any day in recorded history.

Sky Harbor has received 3.29 inches. Many parts of the surrounding Valley have seen much more than than.

RAINFALL TOTALS: How much rain has fallen near you?

Our chance of storms continue all the way through the night, and there's a 40% chance of more rain tomorrow.

Storm chances then tapper off as we move into the work week more.

Highs the next couple of days are going to stay below average only reaching the upper 80s to mid-90s.

Our forecast is looking hotter and drier into next weekend with temperatures back near 100 degrees starting Friday. However, there's a chance of another tropical system bringing more rain next week. Stay tuned.

http://www.abc15.com/weather/forecast/todays-forecast/todays-weather-forecast-in-arizona

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 09:59:04 AM »

S'TI GNINEPPAH!

Royalkitten

• huh
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 04:40:22 PM »

Someone I used to talk to in High School had a miscarriage.
Dear Ming,

Please delete my account.

Onegai <3

Pleinair

• I swear I'll post more. Eventually...
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 11:28:33 PM »

I like the smell of spray paint. How'd they manage to blow it up? I'm guessing they were smoking as well.
It all returns to nothing, it all comes tumbling down

Greg

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 11:36:11 PM »

Bunch of stupid Maoris get burnt after trying to inhale aerosol cans.

The three teens injured when the aerosol can they were huffing exploded yesterday remain in hospital a stable condition.

The three - two girls, aged 14 and 15, and a boy aged 17, had soft tissue damage, trauma from the explosion and burn injuries, Inspector Dave Glossop said.

"One of the reports we had was that one of them was actually on fire."

Why people do this I will never understand.
if you've never had your mind truly go blank then of course you wouldn't understand

bubblecat

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 06:19:28 AM »

TEMPERANCE, Mich. -

To a young athlete there are few things more important than playing on home turf in front of mom and dad. But vandals tried to deny them that opportunity at Bedford High School.

Fertilizer was used to kill grass on the school football field. It displayed the image of male genitalia.

It's forced the cancellation of four junior varsity and freshmen games and is threatening the varsity homecoming game next week. That's why these parents are tackling the job themselves.

"They had three away games. Next week is their first home game. It would be really bad if they had to play their first home game somewhere else," said Rob Johnson, a football dad.

Police are seeking warrants against two teens who they say got the idea off an Internet photo and a 50-year-old mother who helped them.

"That's hard to imagine, that anyone would set that kind of example for the kids," said Bedford High School physical education instructor Mike Lampkowski.

Superintendent Mark Kleinhans is less than impressed.

"It's unfortunate that we have to divert funds to take care of this, and not just the dollars but the man power and all of the things that go along with that," he said.

A local landscaper is providing sod. The damage is estimated between $15,000 and $20,000 dollars. The funds will not come out of the classroom. The district hopes insurance will help.
www.clickondetroit.com/news//28030786

MACHINE

• Madison
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 06:34:41 AM »

Can't believe the censor bar on that... :laugh:

That's still an awful prank to pull though.

bubblecat

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 06:52:29 AM »

the image is what they were inspired by, apparently. the one they did was twice as big as that at 100 yards, but I can't find a solid image of it. :sad: the school is censoring it by putting the word "FAMILY" over it, which is amusing. :laugh:

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2014, 08:34:21 AM »

What a... dick move :laugh:

Hiro

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2014, 12:13:24 PM »

(Reuters) - University of Illinois trustees voted overwhelmingly on Thursday not to reinstate Steven Salaita, whose Twitter postings about Israel caused him to lose a promised faculty job, sparking debate about academic freedom and the use of social media.

Salaita, a former tenured professor of English at Virginia Tech, accepted a tenured professorship in October 2013 to teach at University of Illinois' American Indian Studies program but it was revoked in early August after Salaita posted tweets denouncing Israel's military strikes in Gaza.

Many of the Twitter messages were inflammatory and in justifying its decision not to give him a job, the university said they were demeaning and uncivil.

In a statement released before the vote, university President Robert Easter said Salaita's social media activity "indicates that he would be incapable of fostering a classroom environment where conflicting opinions could be given equal consideration, regardless of the issue being discussed.”

Trustees voted 8-1 against reinstating Salaita.

The dissenting vote was by trustee James Montgomery who said he regretted his previous support for withdrawing Salaita's faculty offer. He said the university needed to accept all views, however intolerable.

After revoking Salaita's appointment, the university found itself in the middle of a nationwide academic boycott. Professors within and far outside the university canceled lectures and refused to review tenure applications. Eleven university departments issued votes of no confidence for Chancellor Phyllis Wise and 17,000 signatures in support of Salaita were collected online.

Salaita on Tuesday demanded to be reinstated - citing free speech and academic freedom - and in a news conference said the university's actions were part of "a nationwide concerted effort by wealthy and well-organized groups to attack pro-Palestinian students and faculty and silence their speech."

About 50 people filled the boardroom and hallway on Thursday holding signs supporting Salaita. Many turned their back as trustees spoke.

Trustee Patrick Fitzgerald said the board has "a duty to taxpayers and students to make decisions. At the end of the day we have to look out for students."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/11/us-usa-illinois-university-gaza-idUSKBN0H62AM20140911

Royalkitten

• huh
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2014, 12:23:18 PM »

@bubblecat
The mom helped? Oh man that's the best part. "Thanks mom for helping me with grass d*cks"
Dear Ming,

Please delete my account.

Onegai <3

Miau

• Kitty-cat Queen
  • insolent cat-like person
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2014, 11:42:12 PM »

That's what I find most amusing about it is some 50 year old mom helped out

At this Kroger no more than 5 minutes from my house a mob of 125 teenagers were playing this game called Knock Out, where you point to a random person and see who's the first who can knock them out. They attacked an employee there in the parking lot and the 2 other employees who tried to protect him. I'm actually kind of scared, I'm sure it's now the safest Kroger in Memphis but stuff like that scares me when it happens just down the street.. and with that many people it's impossible to fight them all off..  :tears:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7