Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Spring Season/ Winter Season reflection  (Read 7953 times)

McJongJing

Spring Season/ Winter Season reflection
« on: March 28, 2015, 09:33:57 PM »

What did you guys think of the Winter season?
Are you hyped for the Spring season?
I enjoyed the Winter season.
Shirobakos second half was amazing, already AOTY
Milky Holmes was disappointing, as expected of J.C Staff.

Spring looks fun.
I never got into Lupin the Third, so I'm hyped for the new show.
Digimon Tri looks like fun. It's nice to see the old designs.
I'm cautiously optimistic for Yuki-chan.
I heard the manga's shit, but the art style looks quite nice in motion.

bubblecat

Re: Spring Season/ Winter Season reflection
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 11:28:30 PM »

Winter was really awesome. I think Death Parade is one of the best non-adaptation series in at least the last 5 years, easy. And having that in the same season as an Ikuhara show in Yuri Kuma made it beyond amazing.

Spring looks like shit though, which is strange since it's usually the best season of the year. It has a retarded amount of sequels, of which the only one even moderately interesting to me is Sidonia. The only original that stands out is Punchline because of the writer, but the director is that guy who made the shitty Dantalian show and got fired from Gainax, so I don't have high hopes.

McJongJing

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 11:34:00 PM »

And Winter's usually the shittest season of the year too.

I was going to write that you could at least look forward to laughing at trainwrecks.
But none of these shows seem like they have potential for that. They either look good or mediocore.

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 04:33:12 AM »

I only watched 3 shows.  :laugh:

Gundam Build Fighters Try, Gundam Reconguista in G, and Garo.

Try was awful, but it did give us OBARI GUNDAM and some cool model kits.

Reconquista was really neat on the other hand. Different, but in a good way. It's a bit weird how I get my start on UC by watching the epilogue of the whole thing.  :damn:

Garo was great for a lower budget production. Amazing finale too. Already has a S2 coming and a movie. Garo is blowing up I'm telling you. At least in Japan. Baka gaijins just don't understand.

For the spring season I will be watching the second cour of Unlimited Blade Works, and Digimon or at least giving it a chance. While not anime, I will be watching the next installment of the Garo live action, Gold Storm.

It's a sequel to a spin-off season they did which was, absolutely terrible, until like the last 5 episodes where it shot up to mediocre. So I'm a bit cautious. But it seems to be more like regular Garo now so it might be cool.

McJongJing

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 05:10:50 AM »

I've never heard anyone talk about Garo other than you.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 05:47:32 AM »

It's not surprising.

Anime is a niche interest, non-mainstream anime is even more niche, Toku is even more niche than that here in the west, and amongst Toku, Garo is a very niche show which until recently had years in between the release of material.

So finding someone talking about is like finding a needle in a hay stack.

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 10:37:12 AM »

I droped death parade and Rolling☆Girls after the first episode and Koufuku Graffiti out of boredom.

Parasyte and Kantai collection are great, I still have to catch up on fate and watch shirobako who seems to be the cute show who's good of the season. :kyaa:

Junketsu no Maria looked like something I could enjoy but I never found the motivation to sit and watch it. :tears:

As for the upcoming season, Arslan Senki looks like something who could be nice.

Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka?, Etotama, Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku, Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu and Ore Monogatari!! could be stupid but enjoyable/cute show I'd watch.

I'm definitely going to watch Yahari S2, Kiniro mosaic S2 and the second part of fate.

I'll maybe give a chance to GitS.

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 12:33:55 PM »

I may eventually finishing Rolling Girls and KanColle, only watched the first episode of both. Rolling Girls was cool, I really liked the sentai feel of it.

The only upcoming anime I'm excited for is Sound! Euphonium. I forget if that's spring, I think it may be fall.

Other than that I've been, and will continue to be, working on backlog. Finally made a myanimelist which is super helpful with that.

Also, @Ming G Reco is UC?

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 01:00:46 PM »

G Reco takes place 1000+ years after Universal Century ends.

So it's the same universe, but everything and everyone from the original UC shows are long gone.

The story goes that at the end of the Universal Century, the powers that be went to live at the moon, and placed a ban on technology on Earth and took control of the management of resources. So that war and the atrocities committed in the UC would never happen again, and so that the Earth may heal and recover.

G Reco starts with factions among the moonfolk being tired of living "exiled" in space while the Earthlings get to live in what is now paradise. So they try to reconquer Earth (which is why it's called Reconguista, from the spannish word Reconquista meaning reconquer) by sowing seeds of discord and creating a civil war on Earth.

Meanwhile the main protag just travels around in space with his space pirate crew killing hundreds of people while shouting ME NO WANT ANY TRUBBURU.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 01:06:46 PM by Ming »

McJongJing

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 03:07:38 PM »

I couldn't get into Kancolle.
I gave it two episodes and I was already bored out of my skull.
All the characters felt like a bunch of suits had gotten together and said "what do anime fans find moe?" and then focus tested everything.

bubblecat

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 03:28:21 PM »

Kancolle actually didn't have a single merit to it whatsoever other than being short.

I put G Reco on hold after the first cour ended because my enthusiasm for it started dropping consistently week to week. Once I got past the cool throwback visual style and interesting setting I realized I never actually connected with most of the cast so the action and drama held no significance to me. Plus the retarded brown girl was pissing me off.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 04:27:18 PM by bubblecat »

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 03:58:56 PM »

She stops being retarded halfway through. Then she goes on to pilot this sexy thing:

I love you, G-Lucifer!

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 04:25:20 PM »

Plus the retarded brown girl was pissing me off.

Sounds like 0079

bubblecat

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 04:29:55 PM »

She stops being retarded halfway through. Then she goes on to pilot this sexy thing:
This is good to know. I might finish the second half this season actually, since it doesn't seem like spring has much for me anyways.

bubblecat

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 05:05:44 PM »

I recommend any of y'all who are interested in drama check out the first episode of Plastic Memories, as it was surprisingly well done and is the standout in this season of shit in my eyes. The basic rundown is that it's set in the near future where androids are capable of emotion and are treated as family members. It follows a team that is forced to go to peoples homes and retrieve androids that are nearing the end of their lifespan, which basically means they showing signs of memory failure. It gets pretty sad, as you can probably imagine.
Pages: [1] 2 3