Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Depression Thread  (Read 4021 times)

Futaba

• Wild Flower
Depression Thread
« on: August 21, 2014, 10:37:06 PM »

This is a general thread to vent all of what aches you inside.

I think you need to live life on the edge

Pleinair

• I swear I'll post more. Eventually...
Re: Depression Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 11:25:43 PM »

I think half of my posts are me whining about various things in my life... :sorry: I'll try to refrain from being a buzkill outside of this thread.
I can't tell of my lack of sleep is causing my depressive episode or if my depression creeping back up is causing my lack of sleep.
It all returns to nothing, it all comes tumbling down

MACHINE

• Madison
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 12:42:03 AM »

Pleinair, you can't help be who you are, and if who you are at the moment isn't particularly cheery or is full of worry, you shouldn't need to censor yourself! :love:

I would not be surprised if your insomnia is both a symptom of and an agitator for depression. Things like that tend to feed off each other :poh:

As for me, I missed going to a friend's house because I was sick. It's like him and I are cosmically opposite and every time I get a chance to hang out, something interferes... I'm really bummed, I miss him a lot.

Hiro

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 12:25:53 PM »

Pleinair, you can't help be who you are, and if who you are at the moment isn't particularly cheery or is full of worry, you shouldn't need to censor yourself! :love:
untrue :sorry:

JisatsuPrincess

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 12:39:50 PM »

They  say  I  can  feel  better  by  taking  a  pill  everyday  (I'll  only  take  one  if  it's  full  of  estrogen)  but  I  know  better

The  medication  only  makes  you  feel  and  think  like  a  robot,  like  you're  being  controlled.

Despite  the  fact  that  I  have  been  depressed  everyday  since  I  was  12  and  started  feeling  off  at  7  I  know  that  for  me  ...  perhaps  once  I  get  to  the  root  of  many  of  my  life's  woes  I'll  at  least  feel  better.

I  still  battle  with  intrusive  thoughts,  self-doubt,  imaginary  voices  putting  me  down,  anxiety  and  worrying  that  I'll  flip  and  murder  my  family  or  gouge  my  eyes  out  but  I  have  to  say  ...  I'm  feeling  better  since  I  quit  alcohol  and  caffeine. 
Slowly  but  surely  I'm  improving  ...  the  derealization  is  slowly  dissipating  ...  now  my  eyesight  just  needs  to  return  to  normal.

I  know  I'll  feel  TONS  better  once  I  start  HRT  ..  after  that  if  my  mental  state  improve  sI  might  have  to  look  abotu  getting  a  job  ...  if  that  ever  happens  it'll  have  to  be  me  working  on  my  own  or  from  home

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 01:40:35 PM »

" if  that  ever  happens  it'll  have  to  be  me  working  on  my  own  or  from  home"

Same.

Pleinair

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 02:42:29 PM »

I'm not going back on the pills though, I tried them years ago and I just felt nothing, just empty. They made me dumber and once I stopped I didn't get to same mental ability I once had.

Greg

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 02:44:05 PM »

i was depressed for a while and stopped talking to people which gave me extreme social anxiety which made me more depressed

i'm better now (still not back to "normal") but it was a long road paved with wonderful people who worked to help me. it's so hard to be depressed on your own

MACHINE

• Madison
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 03:09:21 PM »

Antidepressants and other medications prescribed to help treat and mitigate the depression family are awful. I couldn't imagine going back on them, but I am grateful that I had them to be able to pull myself out of a pit I don't think I could have climbed out myself.

Some welcome the numbness, and that's okay, but I see a lot of us princesses are not among them, and that's okay too.

Incarceron

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 10:38:59 PM »

:cry:

RQ

• ayy lmao
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 11:06:02 PM »

I feel like I'm on antidepressants... I think

I was kinda depressed a few years back but I'm not sure how severe it was, maybe just a rut
Anyway I got into some self motivation stuff and started lifting and that helped me a tonne but after some time I got lazy and changed into some of the things you describe when you talk about the pill
I feel kinda like a robot, I don't even have the ability to get sad or cry at anything but at the same time I can barely tell if I'm actually enjoying something
If there was some 1-10 feel scale I would be stuck on 4-7 or so.  :poh:

I wonder if there is some pill that's an anti-antidepressant

Pleinair

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 11:26:29 PM »

As far as I can tell that's just another form of depression. One where I'm too often in, I shift from that and the more "common" depression. I'm trying to get myself out of that and become more bold and adventurous. Pic related

I feel like I'm part way there, but most of the time I just feel like I don't have the energy to keep it up.

Hiro

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 11:31:03 PM »

I feel like I'm on antidepressants... I think

changed into some of the things you describe when you talk about the pill
i dont know what that means but im here to say never take antidepressants for any reason

talk to a trust loved one (or a psychiatrist if you dont have one of those) about your depression

RQ

• ayy lmao
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 11:33:30 PM »

I'm not depressed at all, pretty happy and content with everything in my life, I just kinda lost the ability to feel the extremes of emotion

Incarceron

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 11:41:55 PM »

i feel nothing. no happiness or sadness, just emptiness. i will not take anti-depressants as i feel there is no need to use chemicals to force myself to experience happiness or whatnot. if true happiness cannot be found on its own, then i do not need it.
Pages: [1] 2