Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tarot readings!  (Read 6192 times)

Magical Girl Lovely Elsie

• ℒℴѵℯ❤
Tarot readings!
« on: October 05, 2014, 04:40:04 PM »

I started doing tarot card readings recently. I'm trying to practice and get better, so I thought it would be fun to do readings for my new princess friends!

This is the deck I am using:

Here are some quick tips for asking a good question!

When asking a question, it's better to phrase it in a way that will put the power and responsibility for your actions into your own hands, rather than in the cards.

So instead of phrasing your questions like:

Will I...?
  Can I...?
  Should I...?
  When will I...?

Try phrasing your questions like this!:

Can you give me insight into ...
  What do I need to understand about ...
  What is the meaning of ...
  What is the lesson or purpose of ...
  What are the circumstances underlying ...
  How can I improve my chances of ...
  How might I ...

Ask anything and I'll do my best to answer!  :bunny:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 06:36:50 PM by Magical Girl Lovely Elsie »

Hiro

Re: Tarot readings!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 05:04:08 PM »

i dont really know how to structure tarot reader questions but ill try

Will I be successful?

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 05:54:59 PM »

Will I find lasting happiness?

(Threads like these are always enjoyable, good choice Elsie!)

Edit: Rephrasing~

How do I find lasting happiness?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 07:02:13 PM by Ming »

• ℒℴѵℯ❤
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 06:22:12 PM »

i dont really know how to structure tarot reader questions but ill try

Will I be successful?
I think it's better to ask questions that are phrased like "How can I...?" rather than "Will I...?" or "Should I...?" because this places the power and responsibility for your actions in your own hands rather than the cards'. I'll edit the opening post to make that more clear!

So with that in mind, I asked the cards "How can Hiro be successful?"

This is the spread I did:

First card: Ten of batons

The ten of batons represents oppression. This card implies that you are over-burdened with the pressure to be successful and are struggling to carry the load. The ten of batons also represents the completion of a cycle: perhaps you've recently entered adulthood, graduated from school, or completed some other milestone in your life, but not without a lot of struggle. You are becoming starkly aware that you must now carry on with the responsibilities you have laid out for yourself in order to ensure your success. The trouble is, however, that these responsibilities have become too much to bear. My advice to you would be to not let the question of success weigh so heavily upon yourself; you have so much anxiety about this issue that it may be contributing to holding you back.

Second card: The Nine of Swords Reversed

The nine of swords is one of the harshest cards in the deck. It represents sorrow and a longstanding problem we can no longer ignore. Reversed, this card means that you are trying to go beyond the pain and cruelty. You are trying to truly change your situation rather than deny your sadness at feeling unsuccessful. However, this is also bringing you a lot of worry, anxiety, and stress. You may be getting worked up about how bad your situation appears and losing sight of the opportunities available to you. What is needed here is for you to stop and objectively examine the reality of the situation. My advice to you is to work to reduce the impact of those fears and anxieties on your life. Know that it is going to be ok, no matter what!

Third card: The Nine of Batons

This card represents strength and dominance, but also implies weariness and exhaustion. You may feel drained by the situation, but you must keep fighting! The Nine of Wands is a sign of hope and encouragement that if you stand firm and strong against your challenges, you will achieve your goal. The challenges before you now are only the last bit of darkness before the break of a wonderful dawn. In this position, this card implies that you will be facing one final test before you can achieve success. Based on the other cards in the reading so far, I believe that test may be learning to manage your anxiety. You are so close to finally achieving success, so don't give up now!  :yay:

Fourth card: The King of Batons Reversed

The court cards often represent people in your life. The King of Batons is wise, but he's also impulsive and quick to make decisions - which isn't always a bad thing. He is strong-willed, with supreme belief in his power. He may be a natural leader and charismatic, but intolerant of weakness or of other people's doubts in fears. He would also rather be in the country than the city. Reversed, life gives the King of Batons setbacks. As a result he may become more compassionate and understanding, as well as more serious and austere. Do you know anyone like this in your life? They will be able to help you become successful if you ask for their guidance. If not, perhaps you will meet him soon. This card can also represent using your creativity to meet your challenges, as well as trying a new approach.

Fifth card: The Six of Swords

The Six of Swords suggests you may be going on a journey, either literally or in spirit. In this position, I think this card is saying that if you can move away from the hurt and pain of past losses, you will be heading towards a promising future. You may be forced to let go of something to which you have been attached, but if you keep pressing forward, the rough times will come to an end. There are going to be some hard decisions and some compromises that you will need to make but you if you are able to do what is needed, you will be headed towards a much better position in life. Do don't dwell on the past or what you have left behind. Instead, use this as an opportunity for changing your beliefs about yourself, moving away from whom you used to be and towards whom you really want to be.

I hope that was helpful to you and I wish you the best of luck in your journey towards successl!  :cheer:

Hiro

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 06:52:30 PM »

thanks elsie!

You may be forced to let go of something to which you have been attached
thats what im afraid of... theyre trying to take my anime girls away!

• ℒℴѵℯ❤
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 07:27:34 PM »

Will I find lasting happiness?

(Threads like these are always enjoyable, good choice Elsie!)

Like I did for Hiro's, I'm going to modify your question a bit too. I hope that's okay! I also decided that from now on I think I'm just going to do three-card at max spreads from now on too because I discovered it is a lot of work to do really detailed readings for a lot of people.  :owo:

So I asked the cards, "How can Ming find lasting happiness?"

I am doing a three-card past, present, and future spread for this question.

The first card shows some experience in the past that helped shape the current situation. The second card describes what is going on right now, and the third card shows what your future may look like if you keep on the path you currently are following. Keep in mind this isn't a hard and fast prediction; your fate is always in your own hands. :love:

The Past: The Nine of Coins

The nines of coins is a card of material wealth and satisfaction. In this position it indicates that in the past, you were at a point in your life where you were self-confident, self-sufficient, independent and free. By acting on your own accord, enjoyed plentiful money, leisure time, pleasure, material comfort and rest. However, this card can also imply a state of aloneness. In the past, you may have sacrificed relationships in order to attain the freedom and pleasure you enjoyed.

The Present: The Moon

This card represents troubled or unstable emotions like anxiety, confusion, and fear. The moon can also represent deception and illusions, and I think this card is also saying that you're confusing the pursuit of illusions in your imagination for true happiness. It looks like although you find shallow pleasures in the imaginary world of escapism you've created for yourself, you know you aren't truly feeling happy right now... But the moon is here to let you know that even though you've lost your way, it will give you the light to help you find your way back. Don't be afraid of the future, because many of your fears are just illusions!

The Future: The Five of Cups

The five of cups is kind of a harsh card... It represents disappointment, loss, and sorrow. I think this card is saying that if you keep on as you're acting in the present, you won't find the fulfillment of the kind of happiness you're looking for. However, hope is not lost! This card also says that there are still things that remain in your life that can give you the true lasting happiness you're seeking that you've perhaps overlooked. I think those things may be the support of your friends and family. Your hardship could also be the catalyst for a new transformation into the kind of person you truly want to be. The kindest, strongest, and most empathetic people are often the people who have suffered the most. Reach out to others and remember that everyone loves you and wants you to succeed.

I hope that was helpful Ming. I want you to be happy too!  :yuri2:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 07:29:36 PM by Magical Girl Lovely Elsie »

• ℒℴѵℯ❤
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 08:23:42 PM »

Oh great Elsie please give me insight to my path in the future.
I will do a past, present, future spread for you too like I did for Ming.  :wink:

The Past: The Eight of Swords

This card represents interference of thought of some kind. In the past you may have felt trapped by your own thoughts and perspective. Perhaps you had let someone convince you that you are helpless. However, the only thing that was truly stopping you was your own confusion. If any of these past feelings of helplessness and being bound by your situation remain, you could try reframing your thoughts from another angle. You'll see that if you just change your thinking, you'll find that you do have options!

The Present: The Magician

In a reading, the presence of the Magician announces a time of power and creativity in your life. You may be turning over a new leaf and creating a new cycle in your life right now. This card suggests that a situation has been presented to you that may allow you to manifest your desires. If you have the willpower to pursue it, you have the ability to make it happen!

The Future: The High Priestess Reversed

The High Priestess is nobody's fool! She is the keeper of all knowledge and wisdom. She also represents mystery, secrets, discretion, and contemplation. She also represents a particular kind of feminine archetype: the withdrawn virgin. She symbolizes intuition and silence. But reversed, she emerges from her withdrawal. In the future you may find yourself coming out of your shell and becoming more emotional, passionate, and involved with others. You may find yourself compelled to reveal long-buried secrets to those close to you.

I hope you gained some insight from this reading, Ky!  :dance:

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 08:52:38 PM »

Hmm, that seems pretty accurate actually.

Thanks Elsie!

Except this part

I think those things may be the support of your friends and family.

I don't have those.

litt

• Prinzessin
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 09:07:40 PM »

Hi. How might I get into grad school at a top American university?

• ℒℴѵℯ❤
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 10:41:53 PM »

Hmm, that seems pretty accurate actually.

Thanks Elsie!

Except this part

I think those things may be the support of your friends and family.

I don't have those.

I am sorry... I wish you the best of luck either way. No matter what, you can always find support somehow. I believe in you! :itsok:

Hi. How might I get into grad school at a top American university?

I am doing a Spiritual Challenge three card spread for this question. This form illuminates an important issue in your life and helps you see what spiritual "tool" you can use to respond to the challenge. The first card represents the overall pattern you've recently experienced. The second card shows what challenges await you. The third card reveals what quality will help you meet this challenge.  :sparkle:

First Card: The World Reversed

The World is a wonderful card to receive in any reading, for it signifies success, abundance, and fulfillment. However, reversed, it does not mean failure, but rather stagnation. A promising future remains for you but you need to take some action to release it! Getting into grad school at a top American university is a grand goal, but you may not be taking all the steps necessary to achieve this goal. You may have a tendency to take the easiest or quickest path, but don't be afraid to face up to the challenges that present themselves to you! Even if it means enduring hardships, you will learn and grow exponentially and be all that much closer to attaining your goal.

Second Card: The Knight of Swords Reversed

The court cards often represent people in your life. The Knight of Swords is the bravest of knights, and wields his sword in the abstract realm of the mind. He can be selfish, and will stop at nothing and sacrifice anything to get what he wants. Reversed, his bravery becomes foolhardiness, or even aggression. He is quick to attack but find it harder to listen. Maybe this card represents you? You're taking on a very difficult ambition, so perhaps this card is saying that you're feeling like not only is it enough for you to succeed, but others must fail, and you want to see to it that this happens personally to feel more assured of your success. Or maybe this card is another applicant to the school that feels like he has to tear you down?  :shock: Either way, I think conflict is in store for you, whether it be with combating your own thoughts of feeling like you have to claw your way to the top at the sacrifice of everyone around you, or with another person who wants to use you as a stepping stone for their own success.

Third Card: The Empress
The Empress is a wonderful card. She is loved for her warmth, passion, and her promise of abundance and prosperity. She embodies feminine power and devotion and signifies an approach to life that holds nothing back.  For both men and women in a reading, she represents emotion and sensation rather than thought. Like someone in love or a mother devoted to her baby, The Empress gives herself entirely. This may sound counter-intuitive to you now but I think the cards are saying that what will help you the most in getting into a top University is bringing more emotion, love, and passion into your life! So instead of framing your challenge in your head like, "I HAVE TO KILL ALL THE OPPOSITION!  :mad:" you should try thinking about things more positively and with love for others and yourself. It'll be better for your own psyche! It's just way too stressful to feel like you have to be constantly fighting for your life at every step of the way. That's no way to live life. You're doing well for yourself and are on the right track, but just remember that it's okay to take it easy sometimes too.

I hope that helped, litt!  :smile:

(Oh and also, I say "you're welcome!" to everyone who said "thank you!!"  :love: )

RQ

• ayy lmao
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 11:03:04 PM »

Dear far-seeing Magical Girl, I come to you today with a loaded request. If you agree to answer TWO of my questions, you can feel free to ask me for any api/internet related favour in the future and I will do my best to oblige within reasonable limits (as decided by me)

Why did I get to be so blessed?
Is there purpose to my glee that I am not aware of?

• ℒℴѵℯ❤
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2014, 11:55:49 PM »

Dear far-seeing Magical Girl, I come to you today with a loaded request. If you agree to answer TWO of my questions, you can feel free to ask me for any api/internet related favour in the future and I will do my best to oblige within reasonable limits (as decided by me)

Why did I get to be so blessed?
Is there purpose to my glee that I am not aware of?

That sounds fair to me. I can do both of those questions in one reading that covers both of them! It's more complex than a three card spread though so if you could make me a cute forum sig in exchange I'd be happy.  :sing:

I'm going to do the Celtic Cross for you. In this spread a court card (king, queen, knight, or page) is selected to represent you. Kings are usually chosen for men aged thirty-five or older, queens are chosen for adult women, knights are chosen for young men, and pages are chosen for young maidens (early twenties or younger) and also for youth of both sexes. Take a look at these cards and ask which one you think best represents you with this info in mind. Just go with a gut feeling of which picture appeals to you the most! :wink:

Fuura

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2014, 11:58:13 PM »

Hello magical girl! I actually am not requesting a reading, I just thought that I would ask. On a website I read that you are given birth cards that change depending on when you were born. I think that two birth cards is the norm, but when I input my birthday into the website I was given three cards. The sun, the magician and wheel of fortune. :sparkle: Lucky me!

So I had a few questions.
Is there an actual method to determine birth cards? Like does everyone do it the same way?
Also, are there people with more than three birth cards?

Pleinair

• I swear I'll post more. Eventually...
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 12:07:29 AM »

Could you give me some insight on these feelings and why I still have them or why I haven't been able to move on? Sorry if I'm asking to much or incorrectly.
It all returns to nothing, it all comes tumbling down

RQ

• ayy lmao
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 12:07:47 AM »

I choose this!
Pages: [1] 2