Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: API first anime  (Read 5829 times)

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.
API first anime
« on: May 14, 2016, 07:19:41 PM »

What's the first anime you've seen princessii? :wave:

For me it was a re-airing of Captain Harlock (called Albator in my country). I saw it when I was 5 or something, I remember nothing of the story but the OP still gives me chills we I listen to it those days.

Some kids in my school were big into DBZ, but I never liked it, thought it was stupid. When I go the chance I always watched Pokemon tho.

DirtyRed

Re: API first anime
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 07:28:10 PM »

First I've seen and watched sometimes was sailor moon on TV.
First I've consciously seeked out and downloaded was nichijou.
I'm green as hell.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 07:33:00 PM by DirtyRed »

Kami_sama

• Live large, die large. Leave a giant coffin.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 08:59:23 PM »

First I downloaded was chuunibyou.

When I saw it, I though it was incredible, now I just think it's shit.

Ky

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 09:12:47 PM »

Holy shit both of you are like new born to anime.  Then again I'm only like 5 years of watching anime at a higher pace than the ransom anime series on TV.

My dad was the one that got me into anime by making me watch VOTOM when I was pretty young.   I spent 3 years pretty much watching a season or two a day during my prime neet hood. Problem is I have seen everything that fits the genres I liked and only unsubbed series from the 70-90s is left for me to watch now.

Lots of people see the 6tb  hard drives I have filled with anime and think I just download and never with them but really it's all been seen by me.  :laugh:

McJongJing

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 10:13:50 PM »

Card Captor Sakura. The OP is still my favourite OP ever.
SO NOW CATCH YOU CATCH ME CARD CAPTORS
YES SO NICE TO MEET YOU GOOD TO SEE YOU

@Ky
You just need to lower your standards!

Ky

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 10:47:31 PM »

Once your seen 100s of seasons of cartoons I'm sure you will find it hard to like things that are just pure rubbish.

But 'dam' you Jackie now I gotta open my card captor figma out of its box and pose it while listening to the soundtrack.

McJongJing

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 10:57:43 PM »

Did you ever get that super rare deck of all the clow cards?

Ky

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 12:10:29 AM »

Yeah. Now they have the reprint series but the older series cards have more value to me. I have no wall space to frame the cards so they are just sitting in the box they came in.

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 01:54:30 AM »

takes me back dude

McJongJing

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2016, 04:28:25 AM »

fucking 9/11 ruined everything

Ky

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2016, 05:53:44 AM »

That trailer was so bad I don't think I would of wanted to watch gundam as a kid.

McJongJing

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2016, 05:58:51 AM »

Did we watch the same trailer?

Ollistar

• oop lol
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2016, 10:58:55 AM »

It's not a trailer?

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2016, 11:56:52 AM »

Sailor Moon, in the mid 90s, was the first I saw thanks to it being localized on TV.

First non-localized anime I saw was Appleseed, I was 9 years old then, got it on VHS because one of my dads co-workers thought we'd like it or something so he gave it to him. No idea where that guy got it but I guess maybe he was one of those super rare Otaku from before the internet made anime huge. Naturally it was dubbed in English which was a pain because I'd been learning English for a few months at that point. But the pew pew and mecha was cool as all hell  :laugh:

First full series I downloaded was Hellsing in the early 2000s, probably 2004. Found out about it from people playing Ragnarok, as well as dozens of other shows people were into at the time because all the anime nerds were playing it and using the various boards to connect and discuss their weebery.

I'd downloaded some random Dragonball Z stuff before I got into Hellsing because my Asian friends got me into the manga. But there were only random episodes, AMVs and movies on the peer to peer network I was using at the time though.

tokichi

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2016, 03:39:07 PM »

first tv anime:
Sailor Moon, in the mid 90s, was the first I saw thanks to it being localized on TV.

first downloaded anime: kare kano ^w^ it was a rewatch because i watched it dubbed on tv as well...
dubbed..
on tv.

anime dubs
Pages: [1] 2