Anime Princess Island

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members~!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Ragnarok Online  (Read 31662 times)

Ming

• Empress
  • Stinky Smelly Salary Man
Ragnarok Online
« on: September 21, 2014, 05:51:51 PM »

Let's talk about the greatest MMO there ever was.

We now have our very own Ragnarok Online server!

Download the game client here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!z1EWCQ4a!8iCm6h3DmvzRAIeJXIs3R0R7DqLzwPqFaI1i-PhWIcw

Update 7/6/2015:

Apparently, some of the clothing dyes are faulty. Here's a fix!

You don't _need_ this to play, but some people's bodies will look... like a strange mess of pixels.

Just copy paste the contents (data.ini and dyefix.grf) into the apiRO folder, into the same place where apiRO.exe is.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ahf1x16dhcfxn9/dyefix.rar

In addition, you need to open your apiRO folder, open the folder called simply 'data' and delete the folder called 'palette'. (This folder has the faulty files, and will over ride the fix unless you delete them)

How to play:

1. Run the game by opening apiRO.exe
2. When prompted to log in, enter your desired username and password, but don't log in yet!
3. First, add _F or _M to the end of the username depending on if you want female or male characters (can only have one gender per account)
4. Make your character
5. Play!  :wink:

You don't need the _F or _M after this first log in. And you can change window size and other settings by opening opensetup.exe in the same folder as apiRO.exe

Resources / Useful links:

Wiki: http://irowiki.org/classic/Main_Page

Features:

Rates:
Base Experience: 35x
Job Experience: 45x
Item drop rate: 35x

Custom NPCs:
Stylist (free, change hairstyle, hair colour, and cloth colour)
Reset Girl (500k to reset either stats or skills, 900k to reset both)

Both are standing around in the center of Prontera.

Other:
Pre-renewal
Rare drops (1% chance or below) are announced to all players
Characters within a range of 30 levels can share experience with each other when in a party
25% more monsters and faster re-spawn
Pets attack and level up
Baby classes have a stat cap of 99 (up from default 80)
Same-sex marriage enabled
Gender locked items can be used by either gender
War of Emperium is disabled (for now...~)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 08:29:13 AM by Ming »

Miau

• Kitty-cat Queen
  • insolent cat-like person
Re: Ragnarok Online
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 08:02:31 PM »

Ragnarok was the best and worst thing to happen to me. A lot of 2008-2012 was wasted on that game...

My first character was a Soul Linker which I mained for a long time, then a Champ, but I finally settled on High Priest (support characters are my favorite)

I was a GM for a couple years on a private server, too. That was quite fun.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 08:22:18 PM »

Being a game master is pretty great. It was so much fun hosting events and just going around helping people and asking them about their day and stuff. (smaller server, everyone knew everyone kind of deal after a while)  :kyaa:

My first character was a thief. I had a lot of intelligence and luck because I thought being clever was good for a thief and that luck would increase drop rate and be useful in all sorts of ways.

:ded:

I had a lot of favourite classes, assassin, wizard, sage, blacksmith, knight... and I really liked Taekwon when that got released, but trying to become a ranker or keep that position on populated servers... was not a lot of fun.  :sad:

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 08:31:24 PM »

Syntyche Tenbe

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 08:49:15 PM »

High Priest and Prof where my two main classes of choice when I played. I can't play this game anymore, sadly.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 08:52:58 PM »

The game has changed. We have changed.

All that's left is memories.

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 02:09:18 PM »

...Kind of feel like setting up a small server once I get my wife back.

W-would anyone want to play?

Pleinair

• I swear I'll post more. Eventually...
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 05:37:48 PM »

I'd try it out.
It all returns to nothing, it all comes tumbling down

Medi

• ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 05:45:36 PM »

Count me in

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 06:13:58 PM »

...! ...!

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 08:03:35 AM »

Don't worry, I'll do it. Shouldn't take very long to get it set up.  :love:

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 05:11:20 PM »

Well... waifu is backu.  :laugh:

So once more, interest check?

Pleinair

• I swear I'll post more. Eventually...
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 12:01:15 PM »

Sure
It all returns to nothing, it all comes tumbling down

Ming

• Empress
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2015, 04:52:56 PM »

Soon™

While we wait, what kind of class do people want to play?

I always enjoyed some of the more easy classes when starting fresh, like the Knight or Assassin. Especially the Assassin, because Knights pretty much spend all their hard earned money on potions if you don't have a priest buddy to party with  :sad:

(Yes I know, Hunters are probably the best, but I haven't enjoyed Hunters since like, 2006. Don't know why)

For any newcomers who want to join in, here's a basic run down of classes (and for the curious, you can change the hairstyle of the sprite, and the colors. Body base sprite only changes with class change. You can wear different headgear to further customize your look):

Archer. Uses a bow and arrow. Arrows can have different elements to them, and usually, this means doing almost double damage on everything if you got the right arrows.

Can advance into 1) Hunter, gaining the ability to use traps and command a falcon. DPS type.
Or 2) Bard (male) / Dancer (female) which gains the ability to play music or dance respectively, to buff party members. Support type, but can still do damage.

Swordsman. Uses standard melee weapons, swords primarily as the name suggests.

Can advance into 1) Knight, gaining expertise with either swords or spears. Can ride a mount. DPS, tank, or a hybrid type of both.
Or 2) Crusader, gaining access to holy skills, a typical paladin. Can also ride a mount. Same types as Knight, but can also build to do magic AoE and does a better job as a tank than the Knight does overall.

Acolyte. Your standard full support class. Heals and buffs with holy power.

Can advance into 1) Priest, which gains access to more, lovely support skills. Full support type, but can do a melee hybrid, but it's not very fun to level in my opinion.
Or 2) Monk, as in the martial artist kind. Punch things hard and fast (or use a mace). Gains the use of combo skills, one in particular can one-hit just about anyone but will leave you depleted of resources. DPS type, can tank really well however, even with without straying far from a DPS build. Can also build into a one-hit-wonder nuke user.

Thief. Your standard DPS auto attacker that's really fast, dodges a lot, but when hit it hurts. Uses dagger and shield. Can steal items from monsters.

Can advance into 1) Assassin, gains the ability to use Katars ("punch daggers"), dual wield (daggers, usually), use poison skills, and can cloak. DPS type, can build to nuke.
Or 2) Rogue, gains the ability to use bows, can copy skills used on him, and can strip others of their equipment. Can also cloak. Not not recommended outside PVP. Dick ass thief type.

Magician. Casts spells to kill things in flashy ways.

Can advance into 1) Wizard, gains really good AoE magic. AoE damage type.
Or 2) Sage, gains the ability to attack and move around while casting spells simultaneously, and can dispel and and cancel spells being cast by other players. Can also enchant weapons with elemental damage (potentially doubling DPS classes damage output). Hybrid type.

Merchant. Buy for less, sell for more. Gets a fancy cart and can set up a shop like an NPC with it. Weak melee type before advancing, but makes money.

Can advance into 1) Blacksmith. Makes weapons (better than you can buy). And is also super manly and really strong in melee unlike his merchant past self. Uses lots of self buffs. DPS type, but can go full forge type.
Or 2) Alchemist. Makes potions (better than you can buy). Gets a pet. And can spawn a couple types of monsters. Pretty weak in melee himself, but later on gets a melee skill which one hit kills players and heavily damages bosses. Support type with a nuke.

There are a few special classes too. Super Novice, Taekwon Kid, Gunslinger, and Ninja. These are for the most part, not on the same level as the previously mentioned and more for fun / the developers gave up actually finishing their class trees.

lmoa

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2015, 04:58:45 PM »

Swordsman.

It's Swordman, casual.

+1, Wizard (not for PvP).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17